Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,809 members, 7,824,371 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

....Thread Closed.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ....Thread Closed.... (945 Views)

Thread closed. / Thread Closed. / Thread closed..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

....Thread Closed.... by HolySword: 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2021
Modified;
Having been trolled, it was decided that this thread must remain closed till further notice.

Ask me anything about the Church of Nigeria
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by HolySword: 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2021
We shall began with

WORSHIP (SERVICE)

1. What is the meaning of Mattins?
Ans: Morning Service.
2. What is the meaning of Evensong
Ans: Evening Service.
3. What is the four square teachings of the undivided Church?
Ans: The Bible, Creed, Sacrament and the MInistry.
4. How many type of creed do we have in the Anglican Church?
Ans: Three (3) - Apostles' Creed, Nicene Creed and the Athansian Creed.
5. Which of the creeds is the longest?
Ans: Athansian Creed is the longest and it's rarely used.
6. Which is the creeds is the shortest?
Ans: Apostles' creed. It is also the most common.
7. Recite the Apostles', Nicene and Athansian Creed.
Ans: [b]
Apostles' Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth;
And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit,
and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven.
And he's seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to Judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen

Nicene Creed
We believe in God the Father, the Almighty.
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Son of God,
eternally begotten and not made
God from God, Light from Light
True God from True God
Through him all things were made
For us men and for our salvation
He came down from heaven
by the power of the Holy Spirit
and became incarnate of the virgin Mary
for our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate
He suffered death and was buried
On the third day he rose again
In accordance to the scriptures
He ascended into heaven
and he is seated at the right hand of the father
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end
We believe in the Holy Spirit
the Lord the giver of life
Who proceeds from the father and the son
With the father and the son he is worshipped and glorified
He has spoken through the prophets
We believe in one catholic and apostolic church
we acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins
We look for the resurrection of the death
and the life of the world to come
[/b]
Whosoever will be saved,
before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith.
Which Faith except everyone do keep whole and undefiled,
without doubt he shall perish everlastingly.

And the Catholic Faith is this:
That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity,
neither confounding the Persons,
nor dividing the Substance. For there is one Person of the Father,
another of the Son, and another of the Holy Ghost.
But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the
Holy Ghost, is all one, the Glory equal, the Majesty co-eternal.
Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Ghost.

The Father uncreate, the Son uncreate, and the Holy Ghost uncreate.
The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible,
and the Holy Ghost incomprehensible.
The Father eternal, the Son eternal, and the Holy Ghost eternal.

And yet they are not three eternals, but one eternal.
As also there are not three incomprehensibles, nor three uncreated,
but one uncreated, and one incomprehensible.

So likewise the Father is Almighty, the Son Almighty,
and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not three
Almighties, but one Almighty.

So the Father is God, the Son is God,
and the Holy Ghost is God.
And yet they are not three Gods, but one God.
So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord,
and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not three Lords, but one Lord.

For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge
every Person by himself to be both God and Lord,
So are we forbidden by the Catholic Religion to say,
There be three Gods, or three Lords.
The Father is made of none, neither created, nor begotten.
The Son is of the Father alone, not made, nor created, but begotten.
The Holy Ghost is of the Father and of the Son,
neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.

So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons;
one Holy Ghost, not three Holy Ghosts.
And in this Trinity none is afore, or after other;
none is greater, or less than another; But the whole three Persons
are co-eternal together and co-equal.
So that in all things, as is aforesaid,
the Unity in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity is to be worshipped.
He therefore that will be saved is must think thus of the Trinity.

Furthermore, it is necessary to everlasting salvation that he also
believe rightly the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
For the right Faith is, that we believe and confess,
that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man;
God, of the substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds;
and Man of the substance of his Mother, born in the world;
Perfect God and perfect Man,
of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting.

Equal to the Father, as touching his Godhead; and inferior to the
Father, as touching his manhood; Who, although he be God and Man,
yet he is not two, but one Christ;
One, not by conversion of the Godhead
into flesh but by taking of the Manhood into God;
One altogether; not by confusion of Substance,
but by unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul
and flesh is one man, so God and Man is one Christ;
Who suffered for our salvation, descended into hell,
rose again the third day from the dead.
He ascended into heaven, he sitteth at the right hand of the Father,
God Almighty, from whence he will come
to judge the quick and the dead.
At whose coming all men will rise again with their bodies
and shall give account for their own works.
And they that have done good shall go into life
everlasting; and they that have done evil into everlasting fire.

This is the Catholic Faith, which except a man believe faithfully,
he cannot be saved

1 Like

Re: ....Thread Closed.... by Kobojunkie: 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2021
HolySword:
WORSHIP (SERVICE)

1. What is the meaning of Mattins?
Ans: Morning Service.
2. What is the meaning of Evensong
Ans: Evening Service.
3. What is the four square teachings of the undivided Church?
Ans: The Bible, Creed, Sacrament and the MInistry.
4. How many type of creed do we have in the Anglican Church?
Ans: Three (3) - Apostles' Creed, Nicene Creed and the Athansian Creed.
5. Which of the creeds is the longest?
Ans: Athansian Creed is the longest and it's rarely used.
6. Which is the creeds is the shortest?
Ans: Apostles' creed. It is also the most common.
7. Recite the Apostles', Nicene and Athansian Creed.
Ans:
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord,
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Born of the Virgin Mary, He was crucified died and was buried.
He descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven.
And he is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to Judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, The Holy Catholic Church,
the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins,
and the life everlasting. Amen
Of what importance is any of this to the eternal wellbeing of your soul? undecided
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by HolySword: 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Of what importance is any of this to the eternal wellbeing of your soul? undecided
Lol. Every Christian should deeply know what their church practice, their doctrines and all it entails.
If I ask you about your church beliefs I know you will confidently tell me about it. So just try to be more open and learn about this one too. smiley

And please unquote the whole post

1 Like

Re: ....Thread Closed.... by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2021
HolySword:
Lol. Every Christian should deeply know what their church practice, their doctrines and all it entails.
If I ask you about your church beliefs I know you will confidently tell me about it. So just try to be more open and learn about this one too. smiley

And please unquote the whole post
1. But Jesus Christ said that the doctrines and traditions of men are an abomination to God - Matthew 15 vs 1 -14

2. Also, what you have listed above amount to mantras compared to many of the actual doctrines and traditions your churches are built ontop of. undecided
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by HolySword: 3:05pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. But Jesus Christ said that the doctrines and traditions of men are an abomination to God - Matthew 15 vs 1 -14

No, he did not say so.

Jesus spoke to the Pharisees and to the men who taught the Law. They considered that their traditions were more important than God’s commands. Jesus reminded them about one command as an example. God said that people should give honour to their parents. When parents need something, their children have a responsibility to help them. But the Pharisees had another tradition. People could put things aside that their parents needed. Then they could say that they had given those things to God. Sometimes they only pretended to give these things to God. But this avoided the need to help their parents. The Pharisees made serious promises in front of God that they must keep. But they were making a tradition more important than their responsibility to their parents.

Jesus used words from Isaiah (Isaiah 29:13). He said that they did not worship God sincerely. They were not saying what they were really thinking. They said that they served God, but they did not obey him.

Verses 10-11 Jesus continued to teach a crowd of people. A person might obey all the rules about food, but that does not make their thoughts good. What a person says shows what he is like deep inside himself. People could obey all the Jewish rules about food, but still they might not please God in other ways. The people who have a good spirit will see God (Matthew 5:cool.

The Pharisees wanted to keep the Jewish religion pure. Perhaps the disciples respected them because they were the leaders of the Jews.

Verse 13 This verse is like the story that Jesus told about the wheat and the weeds (Matthew 13:24-30). It may mean that God had ‘planted’ his commands. But later the Pharisees had ‘planted’ their traditions as well. God will destroy the plants that are not really his. John the Baptist had spoken about God’s judgement. He said that it would be like an axe. It would cut down a tree that did not produce fruit (Matthew 3:10). God’s special servant Jeremiah also said that God ‘planted’ in the world and that he ‘pulled up the roots of plants’ (Jeremiah 45:4).

Jesus told the disciples to stay away from the Pharisees. They should have showed the people the way to God. Instead, they led people away from God.

src:easycommentary

2. Also, what you have listed above amount to mantras compared to many of the actual doctrines and traditions your churches are built ontop of. undecided
Also, this thread cannot be for apologetics. If you need that, simply quote me on another thread.
THIS THREAD IS MEANT FOR ANGLICANISM AND ANGLICANISM ALONE!
Thanks. smiley

Please do not quote the whole of this post and also unquote that Q&A .

1 Like

Re: ....Thread Closed.... by Kobojunkie: 3:10pm On Jul 14, 2021
HolySword:

No, he did not say so.

Jesus spoke to the *Pharisees and to the men who taught the *Law. They considered that their *traditions were more important than God’s commands. Jesus reminded them about one command as an example. God said that people should give honour to their parents. When parents need something, their children have a responsibility to help them. But the *Pharisees had another *tradition. People could put things aside that their parents needed. Then they could say that they had given those things to God. Sometimes they only pretended to give these things to God. But this avoided the need to help their parents. The *Pharisees made serious promises in front of God that they must keep. But they were making a *tradition more important than their responsibility to their parents.

Jesus used words from Isaiah (Isaiah 29:13). He said that they did not *worship God sincerely. They were not saying what they were really thinking. They said that they served God, but they did not obey him.

Verses 10-11 Jesus continued to teach a crowd of people. A person might obey all the rules about food, but that does not make their thoughts good. What a person says shows what he is like deep inside himself. People could obey all the *Jewish rules about food, but still they might not please God in other ways. The people who have a good spirit will see God (Matthew 5:cool.

The *Pharisees wanted to keep the *Jewish religion pure. Perhaps the *disciples respected them because they were the leaders of the *Jews.

Verse 13 This verse is like the story that Jesus told about the wheat and the weeds (Matthew 13:24-30). It may mean that God had ‘planted’ his commands. But later the *Pharisees had ‘planted’ their *traditions as well. God will destroy the plants that are not really his. John the *Baptist had spoken about God’s judgement. He said that it would be like an axe. It would cut down a tree that did not produce fruit (Matthew 3:10). God’s special servant Jeremiah also said that God ‘planted’ in the world and that he ‘pulled up the roots of plants’ (Jeremiah 45:4).

Jesus told the *disciples to stay away from the *Pharisees. They should have showed the people the way to God. Instead, they led people away from God.

src:easycommentary

Also, this thread cannot be for apologetics. If you need that, simply quote me on another thread.
THIS THREAD IS MEANT FOR ANGLICANISM AND ANGLICANISM ALONE!
Thanks. smiley
I see you are chuck fool of doctrines and traditions that even this simple conversation Jesus Christ had with the Pharisees and the message He had in it for His follows goes way over your head.

Let me at least ask this of you to get this started. Are you saying that where Jesus Christ condemned their teaching of the doctrines and commandments of men, LIES, to the people instead or teaching them God's Law, Truth, is to be ignored? undecided
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by HolySword: 3:24pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I see you are chuck fool of doctrines and traditions that even this simple conversation Jesus Christ had with the Pharisees and the message He had in it for His follows goes way over your head.

Let me at least ask this of you to get this started. Are you saying that where Jesus Christ condemned their teaching of the doctrines and commandments of men, LIES, to the people instead or teaching them God's Law, Truth, is to be ignored? undecided
Sir, you are clearly violating RULE 1 and 2 of this forum by DERAILING this thread and saying words DEMEANING to the OP.
I appeal to you in good faith to move your posts to another thread where you can get a meaningful response to your queries.

Thank you __Holy Sword__ (Thread's OP)__.

1 Like

Re: ....Thread Closed.... by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Jul 14, 2021
HolySword:
Sir, you are clearly violating RULE 1 of this forum by DERAILING this thread.
I appeal to you in good faith to move your posts to another thread where you can get meaningful responses to your queries.

Thank you __Holy Sword__ (Thread OP)__.
You started the thread by preaching the doctrines and traditions of men in the name of God and I responded by explaining that what you preached was a lie , an abomination, in the name of God, something Jesus Christ made clear in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14. . How does that amount to derailing the thread? undecided
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by AntiChristian: 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2021
Chai! grin
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by HolySword: 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You started the thread by preaching the doctrines and traditions of men in the name of God and I responded by explaining that what you preached was a lie , an abomination, in the name of God, something Jesus Christ made clear in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14. . How does that amount to derailing the thread? undecided
The Op was not intended to be a sermon. And I wasn't preaching nor defending the shortcomings of the Anglican Church. STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD! This is your last warning!
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2021
HolySword:
The Op was not intended to be a sermon. And I wasn't preaching nor defending the shortcomings of the Anglican Church. STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD! This is your last warning!
Sermon or not, the OP attached those things to a belief in Jesus Christ and this against Jesus Christ's own teachings. undecided
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by HolySword: 4:18pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Sermon or not, the OP attached those things to a belief in Jesus Christ and this against Jesus Christ's own teachings. undecided
You have been duly reported, Expect disciplinary actions from the mods in no time.

1 Like

Re: ....Thread Closed.... by Kobojunkie: 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2021
HolySword:
You have be dutifully reported and expect disciplinary actions from the mods in no time.
OK. So can you get back to responding to the question I asked you of your analysis of the teachings contained in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 undecided

Kobojunkie:

Re: ....Thread Closed.... by HolySword: 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
OK. So can you get back to responding to the question I asked you of your analysis of the teachings contained in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 undecided

No, you still have to create your own thread na.
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Jul 14, 2021
HolySword:
No, you still have to create your own thread na.
Why? It was on this thread that you gave your analysis trying to justify the doctrines and traditions of men, lies according to Jesus Christ, in the name of God. undecided
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by HolySword: 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why? It was on this thread that you gave your analysis trying to justify the doctrines and traditions of men, lies according to Jesus Christ, in the name of God. undecided
Your matter just weak me seriously. e bi like say i go leave thread for you o.

And please can you point out the lies in the Anglicanism Q&A i posted. 'cause i can't find any. sad
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by Kobojunkie: 2:58pm On Jul 16, 2021
HolySword:
Your matter just weak me seriously. e bi like say i go leave thread for you o.

And please can you point out the lies in the Anglicanism Q&A i posted. 'cause i can't find any. sad
You can always scroll back up to review. undecided
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by HolySword: 5:51pm On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You can always scroll back up to review. undecided
I need you to be specific. Please kind point out the phrases, lines and sentences that are false in the Q&A

Re: ....Thread Closed.... by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Jul 25, 2021
HolySword:

I need you to be specific. Please kind point out the phrases, lines and sentences that are false in the Q&A
https://www.nairaland.com/6646966/anglicanism-question-answers#103631988
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by HolySword: 11:21pm On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
https://www.nairaland.com/6646966/anglicanism-question-answers#103631988
How are they in anyway false?
You're still not being specific tho.
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2021
HolySword:
How are they in anyway false?
You're still not being specific tho.
Jesus Christ is the Truth of God where God and the things of God is concerned. And so anything that is spoken, in the name of Jesus Christ, but is not as commanded or taught by Jesus Christ , is false. undecided
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by HolySword: 12:14am On Jul 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ is the Truth of God where God and the things of God is concerned. And so anything that is spoken, in the name of Jesus Christ, but is not as commanded or taught by Jesus Christ , is false. undecided
Nice one. Now show me examples of things;
1. Spoken in the name of Christ
2. Not taught by Christ
3. Thereby false
In the Q&A you quoted.

Also 1. 'Peteru' is said to mean 'Peter' in Yoruba Churches today.
2. Apostle Paul in 1 Cor. 14:2 said 'Anyone who speaks in tongues does not speak to men but to God'
But this was not taught nor Commanded by Christ. Does that makes them false teachings?
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by Kobojunkie: 12:32am On Jul 26, 2021
HolySword:
Nice one. Now show me examples of things;
1. Spoken in the name of Christ
2. Not taught by Christ
3. Thereby false
In the Q&A you quoted.

Also 1. 'Peteru' is said to mean 'Peter' in Yoruba Churches today.
2. Apostle Paul in 1 Cor. 14:2 said 'Anyone who speaks in tongues does not speak to men but to God'
But this was not taught nor Commanded by Christ. Does that makes them false teachings?
1. Read through the creeds you posted for your answers undecided

2. Jesus Christ is the Word of God, the Truth whom everyone including Peter and Paul are called to submit to and obey. So, like I said, if Jesus Christ,the Truth of God, never said or commanded it, it is not Law unto us, and hence not God's Truth .I.e. it requires verification through the application of the law 2 or 3 witnesses. undecided
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by HolySword: 10:54am On Jul 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Read through the creeds you posted for your answers undecided

2. Jesus Christ is the Word of God, the Truth whom everyone including Peter and Paul are called to submit to and obey. So, like I said, if Jesus Christ,the Truth of God, never said or commanded it, it is not Law unto us, and hence not God's Truth .I.e. it requires verification through the application of the law 2 or 3 witnesses. undecided
1. Deliberately avoiding my questions and
2. asking me to 'read through' despite the fact that I requested that you specifically point out the so-called false teachings.

It obvious that you're just being mischievous. Shalom!
Re: ....Thread Closed.... by Kobojunkie: 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2021
HolySword:
1. Deliberately avoiding my questions and
2. asking me to 'read through' despite the fact that I requested that you specifically point out the so-called false teachings.

It obvious that you're just being mischievous. Shalom!
I answered both of your questions, even pointing you directly to where it all started on this one page thread. undecided

There is nothing mischievous about any of what I posted. You simply do not want to consider the Truth of God or any of what I have stated so far. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Strips Female Members, Bathe Them In Basin During Crossover Service(video / How Pastor Ezekiel Atang Died Few Days To His 50th Birthday [VIDEO/PHOTOS] / ' Satanic' Coca Cola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.