Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Cars That Break Down Often - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cars That Break Down Often (2649 Views)

Cars That Can Withstand The Nigerian Roads / What Are The 3 Top Tokunbo Cars That Cost Below 1M? / I Need Cars That Range From 400k - 500k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cars That Break Down Often by judano: 9:02pm On May 11, 2011
You are ready for work, you dash into your car, just in time to beat the daily traffic on your way to work. Along the way, the car stutters and grinds to a halt. You open the bonnet and try to troubleshoot with your little knowledge of car mechanics. The day is spoiled for you. You have to find a mechanic to fix your car, you go late for work and spend your hard earned cash fixing one problem or the other. After a while, you cant but notice that a certain make of autos are in the habit of 'parking up'.

This is what I have come to notice especially about Honda products. I rarely came across Toyota products that broke down on the road.

I ask, why is this common with Honda and Mercedes Benz? Why do they break down often on the road? Do you have a technical explanation of why this is common among certain cars?
Re: Cars That Break Down Often by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 11, 2011
I don't know about Honda and Mercedes-Benz being unreliable. I do however know, that not many Nigerian mechanics are clued up on modern Mercedes-Benz technical issues, especially on V6 models. These "mechanics" do more harm than good. Their tinkering can lead to all manner of mechanical / electrical gremlins.
Re: Cars That Break Down Often by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 11, 2011
Siena:

I don't know about Honda and Mercedes-Benz being unreliable. I do however know, that not many Nigerian mechanics are clued up on modern Mercedes-Benz technical issues, especially on V6 models. T[b]hese "mechanics" do more harm than good. Their tinkering can lead to all manner of mechanical / electrical gremlins.[/b]

Re: Cars That Break Down Often by judano: 4:52pm On May 12, 2011
Siena:

I don't know about Honda and Mercedes-Benz being unreliable. I do however know, that not many Nigerian mechanics are clued up on modern Mercedes-Benz technical issues, especially on V6 models. These "mechanics" do more harm than good. Their tinkering can lead to all manner of mechanical / electrical gremlins.

Agreed, Nigerian mechanics take the life out of most cars. But I cant help observing that these frequent break downs affect mostly Honda cars. It is so often that I witness this every day, on my way to work.

Most affected are Honda Accord 98-2002 models.

(1) (Reply)

Ford Explorer XLT 2002 For Sale! - Clean SUV,Leather For #1.7m / Tokunbo Peugeot 406, Year 2003 --> PRICE 1,3m, Pictures - Lagos / 2004 Lexus Rx300 White Colour (naija Used)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.