Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,395 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria (22186 Views)

What Nneka Ogwumike Is Saying About USA Basketball Decision, FIBA Denial / La Liga Could Block Messi From Playing For Barcelona Until January / Nneka Ogwumike Celebrates Her 30th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by AFvckingAlpha(m): 9:59am On Jul 16, 2021
The fvck

NIGGGARR!!
Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by CSTRR: 10:00am On Jul 16, 2021
Nneka Ogwumike is furious that she was sacrificed on the altar of politics.

She deserves to be in that US team 100%.

1 Like

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by naptu2: 10:02am On Jul 16, 2021
Kobicove:
I'm sure they have never set foot on Nigerian soil before...

They just want to use Nigeria to actualise their dream of going to the Olympics undecided

grin grin grin Which shows that you didn't even read the post and you don't know what you are writing about.

3 Likes

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by CSTRR: 10:02am On Jul 16, 2021
OwenJesse27:
[i][/i]No

Nonsense every one want to take Nigerian as a plan B option..... And also Nigerian as be doing well in basketball it attracting foreign born
Your country should be grateful that Nneka wants to play for you guys.

If not for politics, she should be in the US team.

She is a star.

1 Like

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by Bahamas95(m): 10:03am On Jul 16, 2021
I kinda like slim girl with athletic body, nor be all these fat ones wey shawarma don turn to amoeba.

This is the kinda banging body am talking about.

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by Seun360(m): 10:03am On Jul 16, 2021
Kobicove:

They just want to use Nigeria to actualise their dream of going to the Olympics undecided

Chiney was in Nigeria 2yrs ago.
Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by naptu2: 10:05am On Jul 16, 2021
Seun360:

Chiney was in Nigeria 2yrs ago.

Chiney has been in Nigeria many times and she even did her internship in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by phemmyfour: 10:07am On Jul 16, 2021
She's not even proud of her name yet she wants to represent the Country. What the hell is Chiney.....Your name is CHINENYE young woman. The other day, the ESPN presenter called herself Chinny.. rubbish
Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by splashbaby(m): 10:08am On Jul 16, 2021
Country wey people Dey run from...well may be they heard of UAR sha
Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by cescky(m): 10:10am On Jul 16, 2021
CSTRR:

She is a star.

Don't mind these illiterate servants of fulani.. Nneka that's a wnba(women's version of nba) star in America.. Is whom their casting aspersions on..

Imagine, a LeBron, Dwight Howard, curry, or someone in that bracket, hustling to play for Nigeria.. And this rubbish.. Cos thats her brackets amongst the ladies.. Shes top tier.. Or was as least a few years back
Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by donbenie(m): 10:12am On Jul 16, 2021
Kobicove:

If you cared to read the article,instead of jumping to make comments..
You would not have to make asinine comments.. angry
Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by cescky(m): 10:14am On Jul 16, 2021
phemmyfour:
She's not even proud of her name yet she wants to represent the Country. What the hell is Chiney.....Your name is CHINEYE young woman. The other day, the ESPN presenter called herself Chinny.. rubbish

Inferiority complex is you're problem.. Local mgbeke..

Many Nigerian bases igbo girls call themselves chinny... What if she ditched her local name for an English name? people called by their English names, does that make them ashamed of their local names..

Like naeto c said poor people are the problem with this nation.. And ill add to the whole world.. In everything they must find something to complain about.. When you make a joke, they take offense, because their inferior minds believe your talking about them, You lot don't know thats the source of your problem.. In everything you must find fault

1 Like

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by mancoconut: 10:15am On Jul 16, 2021
Imagine megastars like the Ogwumike sisters with their impressive WNBA resumes passionately fighting to represent Nigeria... and some bastards will open their dirty mouths and say Igbos are not patriotic.

2 Likes

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by donbenie(m): 10:15am On Jul 16, 2021
OwenJesse27:
[i][/i]No

Nonsense every one want to take Nigerian as a plan B option..... And also Nigerian as be doing well in basketball it attracting foreign born
Don't get it TWISTED..
Nigerian basketball is doing well BECAUSE OF THE FOREIGN BORN..
You akpụ and fufu eating girls in Nigeria,never finished hustling for Sharwarma to talk about basketball..

2 Likes

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by Abdul9025(m): 10:18am On Jul 16, 2021
is it because the US Olympics team refused to include them... why the appeal now..for the pass ten years where are you people... abeg you guys should allow us..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by OwenJesse27(m): 10:27am On Jul 16, 2021
[quote author=naptu2 post=103758238][/quote]

Op God bless you I really enjoy this long details
Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by OwenJesse27(m): 10:30am On Jul 16, 2021
PAWG:
I don’t think they should be allowed to compete for Nigeria, let others who are eligible be given the opportunity and exposure please. If she’d (Nenka) been selected by US would she have considered Nigeria? Let’s be objective here. They wanna use and dump us grin

We don’t need mercenaries

I think the last child which is Erica should be allow while the rest should just chill they have see it all

2 Likes

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by OwenJesse27(m): 10:32am On Jul 16, 2021
kushercain:

But the younger sister Erica chose us directly
That one should be allowed but the two grow up should just chill

1 Like

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by OwenJesse27(m): 10:35am On Jul 16, 2021
CSTRR:

She is a star.

I wish her well buy she should continue with her usa dream.... But her junior sister Erica is welcome to play for us... This we serve as a lesson to others who thinks Nigerian can be use as a plan b

2 Likes

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by naptu2: 10:36am On Jul 16, 2021
grin

Football fans are having a difficult time understanding that, in terms of representation, the Nigerian National basketball team is just like the football team.

In D'Tigress we have players that were born in Nigeria and grew up in Nigeria before going abroad to play professionally, that is, people like the former captain, Aisha Balarabe (nee Mohammed), the star Evelyn Akhator, Elo Edeferioka, etc. We also have players that were born abroad to Nigerian parents. These players have visited Nigeria many times and they are in touch with Nigerian culture. I'm referring to people like Sarah Ogoke, Ezinne Kalu and Atonye Nyingifa.

Like I said, it's just like the football teams. You would not say that Alex Iwobi and Victor Moses, who were born in Nigeria but moved abroad when they were little, are not Nigerians or don't know anything about Nigeria. You would not say that Osaze Odemwingie, who was born in Uzbekistan, is not Nigerian. You won't say that Bright Dike, who was born in the US, is not Nigerian. So what's the big deal about the Nigerian basketball players that's making so many people make ill-informed assumptions?

There have been many Nigerian born basketballers who have played for other countries (e.g. Akeem Olajuwon), just as there have been many Nigerian born footballers who have played for other countries (e.g. Emmanuel Olisadebe), so what's the big deal?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by OwenJesse27(m): 10:37am On Jul 16, 2021
mancoconut:
Imagine megastars like the Ogwumike sisters with their impressive WNBA resumes passionately fighting to represent Nigeria... and some bastards will open their dirty mouths and say Igbos are not patriotic.

Why did she join the USA team before the two sisters are here base on their rejection in the USA basketball team simple her junior sister Erica is welcome to play for us

2 Likes

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by Elock1: 10:37am On Jul 16, 2021
They honestly look awkward in those clothes

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by tunapawizzy: 10:41am On Jul 16, 2021
Kobicove:

Take time to read n watch the short videos before you comment
Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by KosiGee(m): 10:43am On Jul 16, 2021
phemmyfour:
She's not even proud of her name yet she wants to represent the Country. What the hell is Chiney.....Your name is CHINEYE young woman. The other day, the ESPN presenter called herself Chinny.. rubbish

Her name is not CHINEYE.
Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by OwenJesse27(m): 10:43am On Jul 16, 2021
donbenie:
Don't get it TWISTED..
Nigerian basketball is doing well BECAUSE OF THE FOREIGN BORN..
You akpụ and fufu eating girls in Nigeria,never finished hustling for Sharwarma to talk about basketball..

Don't get me wrong I appreciate foreign base players.... My issue with her is that she want to use us as a plan b to get back at USA team.... Her junior sister Erica is welcome

3 Likes

Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by OwenJesse27(m): 10:45am On Jul 16, 2021
Elock1:
They honestly look awkward in those clothes

Stop this please not funny they are still our own
Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by KosiGee(m): 10:45am On Jul 16, 2021
naptu2:
grin

Football fans are having a difficult time understanding that, in terms of representation, the Nigerian National basketball team is just like the football team.

In D'Tigress we have players that were born in Nigeria and grew up in Nigeria before going abroad to play professionally, that is, people like the former captain, Aisha Balarabe (nee Mohammed), the star Evelyn Akhator, Elo Edeferioka, etc. We also have players that were born abroad to Nigerian parents. These players have visited Nigeria many times and they are in touch with Nigerian culture. I'm referring to people like Sarah Ogoke, Ezinne Kalu and Atonye Nyingifa.

Like I said, it's just like the football teams. You would not say that Alex Iwobi and Victor Moses, who were born in Nigeria but moved abroad when they were little, are not Nigerians or don't know anything about Nigeria. You would not say that Osaze Odemwingie, who was born in Uzbekistan, is not Nigerian. You won't say that Bright Dike, who was born in the US, is not Nigerian. So what's the big deal about the Nigerian basketball players that's making so many people make ill-informed assumptions?

There have been many Nigerian born basketballers who have played for other countries (e.g. Akeem Olajuwon), just as there have been many Nigerian born footballers who have played for other countries (e.g. Emmanuel Olisadebe), so what's the big deal?

That reminds me...Darly Dike scored a brace for the US soccer team early this morning. Daryl is Courtney Dike’s brother. Their elder brother Bright Dike also played for Nigeria.
Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by phemmyfour: 10:47am On Jul 16, 2021
KosiGee:

Her name is not CHINEYE.
Ignorance at its peak

Chinenye "Chiney" Ogwumike is a Nigerian-American professional women's basketball player for the Los Angeles Sparks of the Women's National Basketball Association. As of 2020, she became the first Black woman to host a national radio show for ESPN, also being the first WNBA player to do so. Wikipedia
Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by naptu2: 10:49am On Jul 16, 2021
KosiGee:

That reminds me...Darly Dike scored a brace for the US soccer team early this morning. Daryl is Courtney Dike’s brother. Their elder brother Bright Dike also played for Nigeria.

Yes, I know. Courtney is always posting about his exploits with the US Men's National team and with Barnsley.
Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by seangy4konji: 10:50am On Jul 16, 2021
This are not the i need urgent 2 k girls...

Make i jsut impregnante this ones deh hungry me like mad....
Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by Elock1: 10:54am On Jul 16, 2021
OwenJesse27:

Stop this please not funny they are still our own
it wasn't meant to be funny sha
Re: Ogwumike Sisters Appeal FIBA Ruling Blocking Them From Playing For Nigeria by Elock1: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2021
Bahamas95:
I kinda like slim girl with athletic body, nor be all these fat ones wey shawarma don turn to amoeba.

This is the kinda banging body am talking about.
ebele agbapuonwu.. The girl too sweet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON: Mikel Leads Early Arrivals In Super Eagles Camp / Solomon Dalung Unveils Sports Equipment In Abuja(pix / Pep Guardiola Crowned LMA Manager Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.