Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,120 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Archishop Obiefuna Is Dead - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archishop Obiefuna Is Dead (1815 Views)

Pastor Tayo Adeyemi Is Dead (New-Wine Church , London Founder) / Bishop Kola Onaolapo Is Dead / Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Archishop Obiefuna Is Dead by nwaafo1: 9:09am On May 12, 2011
The former Archbishop and the Metropolitan of the Onitsha Ecclesiastical Province, Most Revd Dr. Albert Obiefuna has passed on after a protracted illness. Daily Sun gathered that Archbishop Obiefuna died yesterday in an undisclosed hospital after battling with cancer for so many years after his retirement as the Archbishop of Onitsha Arch Diocese.

Though there was no official statement from the Archbishop of Onitsha Arch Diocese, Most Revd Dr. Val Okeke, a source who pleaded anonymity confirmed the death, adding that the Arch Diocese was in a mourning mood over the demise of their father. Meanwhile, reacting to the death of the former Archbishop, Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi described it as difficult to believe, adding that the deceased symbolized the unity of the church in the state.

“He lived cheerfully with this disabling condition as if it was nothing. In any case, good men do not die. They live on in the bosom of the Lord and in our hearts. He was a priest par excellence who bore witness to the gospel with fearlessness and selflessness. As the founding Bishop of Awka Diocese, late Albert Obiefuna left no stone unturned toward evangelizing the remote communities and inaccessible parts of the diocese. His efforts were blessed and vocations soon boomed in the young diocese. My heart goes out, especially to all those for whom he was a model and source of inspiration.”

The member representing Anaocha/Dunukofia/Njikoka Federal Constituency, Mrs Uche Ekwunife also expressed shock over the news of the death of the Archbishop , describing it as a great lose to the people of the state. Mrs Ekwunife described the late Obiefuna as a man whose dedication to God’s vineyard was total, adding that he liveda life worthy of emulation and called on God to grant him and the saints eternal rest.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/may/12/national-12-05-2011-013.htm
Re: Archishop Obiefuna Is Dead by Oby1(f): 11:51am On May 19, 2011
May his soul and soul of all faithful departed rest in perfect peace.
Re: Archishop Obiefuna Is Dead by alexleo(m): 12:50pm On May 19, 2011
where will u spend eternity? In heaven or in hell? The time to prepare is now that u are alive.
Re: Archishop Obiefuna Is Dead by u2362: 6:51am On Jul 04, 2011
This bishop was not as good as he you guys think.Bishop obiefuna was only for the rich.He was my fathers best friend until my father died.My father was one of his big sponsors when he was in Awka,and as soon as he died,our so called beloved obiefuna abandoned his friends family forever and continued with the living rich men.He never for one day looked back to  know how we were all doing.Even when my mother went to him to help her with my brother,he offered no help.She did not ask him for any money.After all, her husband pumped obiefuna with money and gifts.it was just a simple help to help get my brother into a good missionary school for fear of the little boy being killed,obiefuna could not render that help at all.He never visited our home anymore.He never asked after his friends children.He never set eyes on any of his friends children anymore-27 YEARS ON,
This so called bishop emeritus  could not even say a mass on my fathers burial day.Hundreds of reverend fathers were there to say that final mass for him but obiefuna stayed home.how sad!And it was this man who saved obiefuna's  life when he nearly died so many years ago.God help him because he was not a nice man.my own personal experience.remember this!

He was simply the bishop for the rich alone.My father would be very disappointed with him.He was defintely not a nice man.He disappointed all of us.We are all grown and doing well,thank God.We never asked for any financial help.We could never have asked him for a dime.There was enough money to look after his friend's children.All was expected of him was simply a courtsey call/visit -after all,he was a frequent vistor to our home when my father was alive,and got free medical treatment for his health anytime.Obiefuna disappointed me-big time.He lived to 81 was by the mercy of God by using my dad to save his life when obiefuna nearly died.Unfortunately,my own dad passed away at 50+.Shame on obiefuna.The world needs to know the terrible side of him,too.He really was not a nice man.Obiefuna for the rich.
My prayer was to meet him whenever i got home to remind himof who i am-but he never lived to live the rest of his life with that guilt.I found obiefuna's attitude very pathetic.Even Cardinal Arinze still remembers us,anytime.Bless him.He is a good man. Obiefuna loved money

(1) (Reply)

Good Nigerian Church In New York City / Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence / Photos From Catholic Church Of The Visitation's Harvest Bazaar In Festac Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.