Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? (9346 Views)

Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The Mtn Network? / Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The Mtn Network? / Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The Mtn Network? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by forkadict(m): 10:26am On May 12, 2011
Please i need someone to explain to me why any sensible person should be on that rubbish network called MTN. My reasons:

1). It is cheaper calling an MTN number with other lines e.g etisalat, Glo, airtel than calling an MTN number with an MTN line. Take for example, if you call an MTN number anytime between 7pm and 7am (off peak period) using an MTN line, you'll be charged about 27 naira per minute wheras if you do the same using an etisalat line (home zone package), you'll be charged only 12 naira per minute. If you dare call an MTN number using an MTN line between 7am and 7pm (peak period) you'll be charged  about 30 naira per minute meanwhile, the same 12 naira per minute still subsists on other networks e.g etisalat home zone package. You can now imagine how suicidal it is to call other networks using an MTN line. Peak or off peak period.

2). MTN doesn't give nada to their customers. Glo, Etisalat have promos like once in a while with fantastic prizes at stake e.g cars but MTN hardly have promos and when they do,  they offer their customers such miserable prizes e.g rice, gallon of oil etc. How disgusting! YUCK!

3). MTN apologists may argue on coverage in MTN's favour. But as of now, in most towns in Nigeria, whatever edge MTN may have regarding coverage is negligible. It was in the early days of GSM in Nigeria that this arguement may be valid.

I believe everyone that works at MTN needs to go for deliverance cos they are all possessed by an evil, blood sucking demon. This is what prompts them to always go for their customer's jugular. They have nothing to offer but they want to take everything from their customers. Can anyone remember when they said that per second billing wasn't possible? Thank God for Glo. Their 'Who wants to be a millionaire show' is just a way of raking in millions (if not billions) every week thru their home quizz scam. I can go on and on but for the sake of those who have the phobia for long posts, I'm a end it here.

So once again, can anyone convince me on why any sensible person should be on MTN network?
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Odunnu: 10:40am On May 12, 2011
*gives him a sachet of very cold pure water*
guy relax, no die put.
Which kain username you come get nah?
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by sey2(m): 11:02am On May 12, 2011
@poster you dey ves serious please go n take drink n comeback here
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Ifedisky(m): 6:25pm On May 12, 2011
where else should they be?!
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by tayoast(m): 12:04am On May 13, 2011
hahaha. . .hilarious replies.

I agree wt d poster, our parents are the BIGGEST victim of MTN's rip off
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by yahoo2(m): 2:08pm On May 13, 2011
The poster dey vex seriuosly. lol. Please note it's a matter of choice. Abi dem force you ni?
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by yahoo2(m): 2:11pm On May 13, 2011
The poster dey vex seriuosly. lol. Please note it's a matter of choice. Abi dem force you ni? Personally, it pays me to call a MTN line with my GLO, than using my MTN line which I use mostly to receive.
Abeg no vex. Biko. Yakuri huh.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by foni2k4(m): 1:15pm On May 17, 2011
Are u saying that the millions of people who are using Mtn are senseless?
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Mcleo007(m): 5:19pm On May 17, 2011
foni2k4:

Are u saying that the millions of people who are using Mtn are senseless?

Perhaps, a gud percentage of 'em.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by 3kay945(m): 1:20pm On Jun 05, 2011
@postr, i enjoy there magc no and browse wit mtn, so?
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by mansmith(m): 1:24pm On Jun 05, 2011
recharging my mtn phone is a very good way if throwing my money out of the window of my car
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by conda00410(m): 1:24pm On Jun 05, 2011
Am sure poster was never forced to use mtn, you got your choice so stop ranting and cool your nerves.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by ugwolawo: 1:26pm On Jun 05, 2011
MTN is a ripoff.They told us a month ago that the Magic number will be on in two weeks.uptill now nothin.
Yestarday i called for just two mins and discorvered they charge 30 Naira per min,when Etisalat is chargin 15 Naira per min.I hate that network.
cry
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by scopusng(m): 1:32pm On Jun 05, 2011
Only Moro.n.s still buy credit on their MTN line to make calls. Again, MOR.ONS. I dey vex.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by JAZES(m): 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2011
M[b]THIEF[/b]N is the biggest thief in this country
after the Politicians grin grin grin. Only God knows the last
time i recharge the stupid sim self. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by JAZES(m): 1:37pm On Jun 05, 2011
scopusng:

Only Moro.n.s still buy credit on their MTN line to make calls. Again, MOR.ONS. I dey vex.

Guy abeg no vex, oya take cold water.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Rooneyboy(m): 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2011
try airtel and c hw cheap telecoms cld be in Nigeria, i ve being using mtn and never enjoyed the nework' so expensive'
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Rooneyboy(m): 1:43pm On Jun 05, 2011
airtel 12naira per min to all networks, can u beat that? MTN to MTN 30naira per min.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by baconline(m): 1:44pm On Jun 05, 2011
my experience with magic number is
1. if u dont have credit on your phone,u can not call the magic number
2. For u to call is a problem as most times it will not go true

I personnally second that they are a reap off
Do u know that MTN actually became big in nigeria?
They are used to a perticular amount of profit,going down is not an option for them
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Ekpoma1: 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2011
MTN suckz walie. Very stingy company. B4 they allowed us 2 charge 4 numbers per month free of charge on family n frnds bt now u are charge 50naira per number. MTN why? I hardly load mtn when i have my GLO.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by vishnu2: 1:47pm On Jun 05, 2011
I dont give a dam about MTN cos with Visafone on my side, I wish for nothing more.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by baconline(m): 1:56pm On Jun 05, 2011
ok guyz,lets vote MTN out of nairaland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by evilspirit: 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2011
some Nigerians love stupid class. many pple stay with MTN cos its expensive.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Maximip(m): 2:11pm On Jun 05, 2011
Nice Post!

MTN prolly thinks majority of Nigerians are not smart,

They are either right or Nigerians are just wasteful

The whole MTN concept is just annoying. Even if I wanted to waste money, I 'll
choose another means.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:12pm On Jun 05, 2011
More than 1 year since i recharged my mtn line, i think glo is the best network now both calls and internet especially their recent 3 gig package for 5k,even their edge network here in makurdi looks like 3.5G fast internet. I think deserves some respect now though i hate them with passion before now
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 05, 2011
^seconded. Thank God dis thread is on frontpage. Personally its been close to 5 weeks i loaded my mtn line, i only do dat when i call ppl dat dont pick unknown nos. It's far cheaper calin all networks with glo infinito, no daily access charge at just N15. Imagine u are calin mtn to mtn at N30/min, but using glo to call mtn u're charged just N15. Mtn to other networks is worst, almost N40/min. I dont think ppl using mtn are morons i just think they are uninformed.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Ekpoma1: 2:13pm On Jun 05, 2011
MTN thief thief! I m not goin 2 buy unit no more.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by inspiredm(m): 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2011
[size=14pt]MTN Blackberry Internet Service is a Fraud.[/size]
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by lifestyle1(m): 2:16pm On Jun 05, 2011
WELL, I use their network to do heavy downloads  with my iwp,   grin grin
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2011
^seconded. Thank God dis thread is on frontpage. Personally its been close to 5 weeks i loaded my mtn line, i only do dat when i call ppl dat dont pick unknown nos. It's far cheaper calin all networks with glo infinito, u pay no daily access charge, and u call at just  N15. Imagine u are calin mtn to mtn at N30/min, but using glo to call mtn u're charged just N15. Mtn to other networks is worst, almost N40/min. I dont think ppl using mtn are morons i just think they are uninformed.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 05, 2011
Top Five (5) Organized Swindlers, Nigeria:

1. PDP Politicians (ACN, Lagos: at rising %)
2. Corrupt Pastors
3. MTN
4. Examination Bodies and Higher Institutions (Admission rigmaroles)
5. Enforcement Agencies: E.g., LASMA, VIO, etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Configure Your Blackberry 10 To Use MB, Even Bonus Mb-any Network / How To Use Two Whatsapp Accounts On Any Android Phone / Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.