Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,163 members, 7,860,169 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:12 AM

CHE 6-1 PETERB: 2 Things I Learned From Chelsea Pre-season Game Today - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CHE 6-1 PETERB: 2 Things I Learned From Chelsea Pre-season Game Today (411 Views)

27-0: Bayern Munich Beat Low-division Side In First Pre-season Game / 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. / Man United Gets Willian From Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CHE 6-1 PETERB: 2 Things I Learned From Chelsea Pre-season Game Today by Ubong2222222222(m): 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2021
CHE 6-1 PETERB: 2 Things I Learned From Chelsea Pre-season Game Today

The Thomas Tuchel's side aren't slowing down in preparing ahead of next season, as they comfortably trashed Peterborough (6-1) today in their first pre-season game. Obviously, the Blues will definitely go far in all competitions next campaign.
Of course, the game was very interesting with the formation of 3-4-2-1. Hakim Ziyech bagged a hat-trick (3 goals) while Tammy Abraham, Christian Pulisic and Armando Borja registered 1 goal each. Aside from that, both Kepa Arrizabalaga and Edouard Mendy were off, as Jamie Cumming and Lucas Bergstrom started.
Meanwhile, there are two things I learned from the pre-season clash, especially when Chelsea will be participating in many competitions in the 2021-2022 campaign. Without a doubt, the German manager is the ideal coach to take the club to the next level.
Apparently, the Blues' squad is full of several brilliant and experienced players, so that was why they could put 6 goals past Peterborough in the absence of Timo Werner, N'Golo Kante, Kai Havertz, Mason Mount and others. Definitely, the West London club is ready to challenge Manchester City, Manchester United and Liverpool in the league.
Here are the two things I learnt:
First off, Tammy Abraham and Armando Borja are enough for Chelsea, if they can not bring Erling Haaland to Stamford Bridge this summer transfer window. It's crystal clear that the German gaffer doesn't rate the Englishman's ability, but he's capable of upgrading the team's frontline and always step up to help the squad result. The club can not avoid losing Abraham when Olivier Giroud has already joined AC Milan on a permanent deal. As a result, the two central-forwards have the potential to dazzle flawlessly in the front, while the German footballer plays from the left-wing. Actually, most fans expect the young striker to pull off an amazing display, and his statistics today revealed that he will make it to the first-team.
Second off, Hakim Ziyech is gradually settling down in England, having seen his performance against Peterborough today. The Moroccan wizard registered 3 brilliant goals in the second-half, and he literally outplayed all his teammates during the match. Without being sentimental, Ziyech could be Chelsea's key player in the 2021-2022 season, most particularly in the UEFA Super Cup, Club World Cup and Champions League. Obviously, the 3-4-2-1 is good for him, because it allows him to dazzle left and right on the pitch. Since Thomas Tuchel is planning to reinforce his attack setup, then he could revolve his frontline around the Morocco international. He has the abilities and capabilities to turn things around in the front, with his creativity.
Simply put, as Chelsea mercilessly trashed Peterborough in 6-1 today, as regards their first pre-season showdown. I learned that Hakim Ziyech could be the Blues' key player next season, with his massive 3 goals in the second-half against the Posh. While, Tammy Abraham and Armando Borja have the capability to boost the team's performance in all competitions, if they fail to get Haaland's signature this summer.
How do you see Chelsea's performance today?
Drop your comments below.
Re: CHE 6-1 PETERB: 2 Things I Learned From Chelsea Pre-season Game Today by UbongJamesAkpan(m): 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
nice performance boys
Re: CHE 6-1 PETERB: 2 Things I Learned From Chelsea Pre-season Game Today by Moneyline(m): 11:48pm On Jul 17, 2021
Good performance

(1) (Reply)

Tokyo Olympics: Ese Brume Wins Nigeria’s First Medal / Two Things Cristiano Ronaldo Will Bring To The Manchester City Side / 2 People Will Earn Airtime On Chealsea Vs Juventus Match- Get In Here Quick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.