Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) (137433 Views)

Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Pastor Adeboye: I Paid A Surprise Visit To One Of RCCG Branches / Woman Used By 5 Pastors For Miracles Traced, Reveals What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by drlucky17: 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2021
OtemAtum:
Business as usual as Jehovah their god remains caged in his spiritual cage. Eyes of the gullibles are opening daily.
Who told you Jehovah is caged ? Please explain
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by josiah74(m): 3:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
hah run ooo
ruggedtimi:
Lately I stopped attending church because I see most of them as a business center....one certain church in pH if you no book seat online you can't gain access to the church on sunday
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by ignis: 3:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
insidelife22:
Op change the headline to "CEO sacks 40 brancch managers for not meeting up to Expectations".
I will not remind you again!

God bless you
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2021
patani:

Its called non profit organization sir...Not a business...If the British who brought Anglican and Methodist etc. who brought missionary to Africa were intested in profit...alot of our parent would not get educated.....

Besides, Jesus said in Matthew 10:8.

“Heal the sick, raise the dead; cleanse lepers, cast out demons. Freely you* have received, freely.

Have personal relationship with God beyond what a pastor preach to you sir.....

A nonprofit organization is a business too. It needs to make profit(either through tithes and Offerings, as well as other means) if it wants to continue operating and growing too, just like any other business does, only its tax-exempt status helps it better compete with other businesses which depend primarily on profit. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 3:41pm On Jul 18, 2021
seunfape:
Oyedepo must make heaven but his ownheaven can't be where Jesus prepared for us. Anyways.......
He is building his own kingdom right here on earth while you all go to him to find a Heaven that is not of this world. undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Sunday2021: 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
Tobechuckwu:
People just rush nd judge without hearing d other side of the story.

The guy might just use financial issues to cover up, but there's more to been sacked.

I'm not really sure they can sack a pastor for not meeting financial target, but this pastor isn't saying the truth.

It might be that he's not doing d activities a full time pastor should be doing in d ministry like holding service at d right time or following d ministry guidelines.
you mean 40 of them?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
dmakoy:
The letter even add, " may you find grace from God for a new beginning" put lipsrsealed

I guess when you leave their company, you have to find new source of grace too put. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by chloride6: 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
A nonprofit organization is a business too. It needs to make profit(either through tithes and Offerings, as well as other means) if it wants to continue operating and growing too, just like any other business does, only its tax-exempt status helps it better compete with other businesses which depend primarily on profit. lipsrsealed

A non-profit needs to make profit?

You sabi be meaning of non?

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Seun360(m): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
It's a shame honestly, religion in general na wash.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
chloride6:

A non-profit needs to make profit?
You sabi be meaning of non?
grin grin grin grin grin
You live in information age...Google is your friend.

Myth: Nonprofits can’t earn a profit

Reality: The term "nonprofit" is a bit of a misnomer. Nonprofits can make a profit (and should try to have some level of positive revenue to build a reserve fund to ensure sustainability.) The key difference between nonprofits and for-profits is that a nonprofit organization cannot distribute its profits to any private individual (although nonprofits may pay reasonable compensation to those providing services). This prohibition against “private benefit” is because tax-exempt charitable nonprofits are formed to benefit the public, not private interests. For more information, see this IRS guidance. Learn about what charitable nonprofits need to do to maintain their tax-exempt status. https://www.councilofnonprofits.org/myths-about-nonprofits

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by mechanics(m): 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hmmmm, this is wrong, church work is to preach the gospel and not a house of merchandise.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by tunnex190: 3:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
richmond500:
its house on the rock.
U will book for seat due to how strict they are on covid19 protocols and doesn't want crowd, booking is totally free

Very understandable. I have someone who's attending the church. The church is over-crowded every Sunday because I do see it whenever I am returning from my church
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by focus7: 4:01pm On Jul 18, 2021
Venlony:
shut up idiot.

Fela has made a song concerning people like you long before he died. Foolish person, keep making your donations to make Bishop richer while you become poorer.

Bishop that told you that he has never been sick, he and his wife were having private room in my brother in-law's private hospital at Egbeda for years where he privately come for medical before he bought jet to now fly for UK for medical..

Fools are asked to buy anointing oil, mantle and drink for holy communion all sold by the Bishop to get healings and protections and the Bishop has federal securities guiding him.

You will remain a mumu forever.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Orpe7(m): 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2021
Na why some dey change name of church after
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by generationz(f): 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If true, It wouldn't be surprise because this is a sad but true reality of what the church has turn into these days.

Not much different from the world to whom the church was sent.

One man who I had great respect while growing up was Benson Idahosa. If I'd be honest, I respected him more than God. If God says a thing and he says something else, I would easily take what he says over that of God. So when I see many Christians do same today with their church leaders, i understand where they're coming from because i've been there and done that myself.

One day in late Nineties, a bishop in Idahosa's church, when there were just three of them, who was a family member lamented seriously about how it had become about how much money they brought to the headquarters in Benin City where Benson Idahosa was still in charge.

Although I wasn't yet saved at the time, I wasn't very comfortable with that news, as Benson Idahosa was a man i looked up to with great respect, and that didn't sound very nice in my ears.

It was clear that he had drifted from what he used to be, and began to chase the riches and things of this world which Jesus says chokes the Word and make it not to bear fruits to perfection in one's life.

It was that glaring that after his death his church made it a mandate to go back to their founding principles of evangelism being their supreme task.

So when i speak the way i do about the loss of focus of today's church leaders concerning the things of God, that they now prioritize the lesser things like tithing, I am not speaking because I just want to speak, but I know what I'm talking about.

It's the sad reality of what the church has become today.

I pray the church gets back to the ways of the early church where it was all about God.

God bless.

Yawns

If you don't know churches are run as business centers, you are naive. Did Jesus have Ac and share flyers during his time? Where do you think the money to make the church look good, run the church effectively, pay workers and give to the poor comes from? From sand abi? grin

If it bothers you, pray in your house. Some of us have been doing that and it doesn't cost us one dime.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Bennycollins: 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
I'm not a fan/member of LFC or Oyedepo, but in all fairness, church growth index is not limited to finance and financ is never mentioned in the letter. I am surprised people have readily concluded it is just about poor financial returns.
Besides we have just heard from one side and how are we sure that it's not the usual "agrieved stakeholders getting back at the church" thing?
We have seen it happen before.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by generationz(f): 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2021
focus7:

Fela has made a song concerning people like you long before he died. Foolish person, keep making your donations to make Bishop richer while you become poorer.

Bishop that told you that he has never been sick, he and his wife were having private room in my brother in-law's private hospital at Egbeda for years where he privately come for medical before he bought jet to now fly for UK for medical..

Fools are asked to buy anointing oil, mantle and drink for holy communion all sold by the Bishop to get healings and protections and the Bishop has federal securities guiding him.

You will remain a mumu forever.

The same man who has talked about his tuberculosis several times. We also know of his wifes year long sickness. No new information here thank you.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by TiglathPILESER: 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Sure, he is more for winning souls to fill the seats in his auditoriums, who then fill his coffers so he can build some more and expand his kingdom here on earth. undecided
the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends towards justice. Enjoy, till it expires!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by sdav: 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
ruggedtimi:
Lately I stopped attending church because I see most of them as a business center....one certain church in pH if you no book seat online you can't gain access to the church on sunday

Why not expantiate on this?
Are you booking seats for the church to be able to conform with the Govt instruction on covid-19 or the church is charging your bank account for attendance?

Surprised a lot of people liked your comment despite it lacking in clarity.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by ednut1(m): 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2021
Nigerians deserves to be scammed lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by streetzdreamz(m): 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2021
I know that dude, and his branch just opened up in a remote area in town this year, if this story is true then it's a big shame, because I wonder how they were expecting a huge turnover from a church without a building,but using an apartment free of charge and with barely 5-10 members!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Ayomivic(m): 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
insidelife22:
Op change the headline to "CEO sacks 40 brancch managers for not meeting up to Expectations".

The truth is, any church aside catholic are after money and frame.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Latakia(f): 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2021
drLammy:

Your daddy G.O is a scammer grin
I'm not even a Christian. See your life as a failure. grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2021
TiglathPILESER:
the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends towards justice. Enjoy, till it expires!
Wetin concern me with morals? undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 4:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
generationz:

The same man who has talked about his tuberculosis several times. We also know of his wifes year long sickness. No new information here thank you.
You mean am? This man don openly talk of personal battle with sickness before? undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by mastermaestro(m): 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
ANDREW91:

This pastor nor get sense, you collect salary every month but yet can't generate revenue for the church. When u were collect salary no social media knew about it

Most people will abuse you for this statement of fact. This is the exact reason why Nigeria is dying daily. People want to enjoy salaries, allowances and wages without being productive. How can a nation grow if its people don't add anything to it?

The Living Faith Church I know pays their pastors monthly salary. Does it mean that the said pastor wants to be getting paid for doing nothing? Free salary from headquarters accounts while you gallivant as a branch pastor with no fruits? He is a criminal! He needs to return what has been paid to him so far.

I like the way LFC has applied the law of redundancy. Whatever is not fruitful should be chopped off! People can cry blood for all I care. Sentiments don't achieve goals. And only a leader without set goals will condone unproductive subordinates.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by nuban07(m): 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
insidelife22:

I can't stop laughing, u this nairaland guys will not kill person
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Promiseisaac(m): 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2021
insidelife22:
this the highest like have ever seen in naira land
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by ismodiwa(m): 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2021
obonujoker:
Lies... I don't believe this.

I believe Oyedepo is more of winning souls rather than mundane things...

Dey there, u blind fellow...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by ismodiwa(m): 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2021
Make dem kukuma turn the churches to shops
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by focus7: 4:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
generationz:

When did you really know Oyedepo? My discussion with you is over seeing that you are new catch mugu

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

RCCG Prophecies For 2020 By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Pastor TB Joshua Of Synagogue Church Of All Nations Is Dead / At Last, Linda Ngaujah Exposed! She Is An Agent Of Satan From The Pit Of Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.