Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her (52039 Views)

Mo Bimpe Speaks On Marriage To Lateef Adedimeji (Pics) / Mandy Obi: My Big Boobs Are A Blessing To Me. Producers Harass Me For Sex / Toke Makinwa Advises Women Wooed By Married Men: 'Chop His Money And Run Away' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by Insidenaija: 4:47am On Jul 18, 2021
Controversial actor and filmmaker, Yomi Fabiyi, has been in the eye of the storm for some time. Last week, the Theatre Arts and Motion Pictures Practitioners Association of Nigeria suspended the actor indefinitely over a film he produced titled, ‘Oko Iyabo.’ The movie is believed to be about the allegation of sexual harassment of a minor levelled against another actor, Olanrewaju Omidina, aka Baba Ijesha.

Amidst all that, an actress, Bimpe Oyebade, aka Mo Bimpe, alleged that Fabiyi stopped casting her in movies because she refused to give in to his advances.

However, in an interview with Sunday Scoop, Fabiyi stated that being an actor did not mean that he could not have romantic feelings. He said, “How did she get a major role in one of my movies? She never came to me to learn about movies; she did not do any audition. I had already concluded my audition. She came to me as a fan and I decided to encourage her.”

Fabiyi also maintained that Mo Bimpe was the one who wronged him. He said, “She knows what she did that made me change towards her. I am an adult and I am free to be sexually attracted to anybody. At least, I am thankful to God that she never said I forced her. There is nothing that says that she has automatic roles (in my movies). I do not know the kind of entitlement she has to think she can always feature in my movies. I will take time to explain what she did.

“The first thing she did that made me change towards her was that I brought her into the industry in 2015 and on the last day of the movie shoot in 2015, she left and I did not set my eyes on her until January 2019.

“In between that, she had shot three movies. I do not know the kind of relationship she built with my sponsor, production manager and cinematographer. All I just heard was that she was planning a production behind me. What an audacity.

“I brought her into the industry because I wanted her to be great and known. I wanted her to have a career, so, why was she cutting corners? At the end of day, she called to tell me that she had a job for me. I told her that the person she gave the job, she knew him through me because he was my production manager. That was why I cut that person off from my production forever.

“She hijacked all my ‘backbones’ without consulting me. If she had asked me, I would not have stopped her. Why are you stealing what is yours? Several other things transpired but she can continue to tie it around the fact that she did not give in to my sexual advances.”

The actor also noted that sexual attraction was different from sexual harassment. He added, “Ask her if she made sexual advances to me and not vice versa. I did not notice her first. She was the one that noticed me. Besides, if we did make advances at each other, we are both adults. The most important thing is that there was no force. Do not make it look like because I am an actor, I do not have a right to have emotions or sexual feelings.

“Sexual attraction is different from sexual harassment. We need to educate these young people. We are talking about sexual harassment and she is talking about ‘toasting’. Is that not silly?”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/i-didnt-harass-mo-bimpe-i-only-wooed-her-yomi-fabiyi/%3famp

64 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by HandsomeHITLER(m): 5:11am On Jul 18, 2021
Okay then... Keep it up

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by 111sunshine: 5:43am On Jul 18, 2021
hmnnn
Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 18, 2021
Yomi Fabiyi is intelligent and bold
He is an Alpha male
I love the way he put Mo Bimpe in her place

397 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by heykims(m): 7:48am On Jul 18, 2021
Thank you Yomi, u are very good and factual in arguments though might be controversial.

179 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by Theboy21: 8:03am On Jul 18, 2021
At least he is honest, but the way that gender sabi manipulate things you fit beat innocent person without knowing the real truth cheesy cheesy

250 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by Elliotwaveforec: 9:22am On Jul 18, 2021
Saying it as it is. Wooing isn't equal to harassment.

159 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by thesicilian: 12:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
It's only an ignorant person that believes the accusations of a crying female without facts.

236 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by jobvan: 4:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by AmazingELixir: 4:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
undecided

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by olaolulazio(m): 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
That's good

1 Like

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by HighChiefZino: 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
HighChiefZino wants to officially welcome himself to Nairaland.

Make una roll out the red carpet for me joor.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by cRobo: 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
In everything you do; avoid women

Well

I won't say a word

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by Obagofixxy: 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
uncle want to cum

3 Likes

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by lnspectorLawal(m): 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
even if you harrassed her so what?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by NwaNimo1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2021
“Sexual attraction is different from sexual harassment. We need to educate these young people. We are talking about sexual harassment and she is talking about ‘toasting’. Is that not silly?”

[img]https://media1./images/32bc550ae54c416d6e92a97dffcc4cc1/tenor.gif?itemid=19569050[/img]

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by BKayy: 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2021
Is she a bread?

4 Likes

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by airminem(f): 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2021
cheesy Yomi is a real Niggar. He ain't No simp!!

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by tydi(m): 4:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
grin
See English!! She’s now your bread abi Continue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by Doggedseller: 4:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hmmm... wetin be the difference

Please fam, I sell original organic black soap that helps clear pimples, stretch marks, dark spots and blemishes while glowing your skin. 080 6029 1729

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
Toaster well done oo cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by elmessiahs(m): 4:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
Some women can manipulate things shall, if you no toast them go call you gay. You toast them call you perv.
Hai!

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by AmazingELixir: 4:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
undecided

Useless randy film producers...fucklicants all of them no exemptions

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her by tillaman(m): 4:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
No be today them dey smash each other for that movie industry na
Everyone is smashing everyone in that industry

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Genevieve & Shola Shobowale (Toyin Tomato) / Faze, 2face, Annie, Blackface & Akon (Throwback Photos) / Chris Ekejimbe Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.