Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna (52401 Views)

NAF Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna / Military Aircraft, King Air 350 Crashes In Abuja, 6 Passengers Feared Dead / Nigerian College Of Aviation Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by samonak(m): 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2021
uuzba:
Used to have a toy of this jet as a kid. it's a Harrier jet.
We put 2 "B" Batteries inside and it would craw about the place shining red light.
It had a plastic foot under to raise and lower the plane.

Nigeria still using this old plane. It's not very fast by modern standards as the Engine is small.
It is capable of vertical take off and landing. The engine has to be small so it can accommodate the exhaust thrusters twisting mechanism that enables the vertical take off and landing. Hence the plane is slow due to the small engine.

At no point in time did NAF possess harriers in it's inventory, we have Alpha Jets which has a similar appearance with Harriers. We have procured, Jaguar seepcats, Mig - 21 ( most of which have been decommissioned) F-7s, J -17 Thunder and super Tucanos which have been recently purchased.

1 Like

Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by alimohammedibn(m): 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
jaeyking:
Wahala no dey finish for this country sef

So sad���
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by uuzba(m): 6:09pm On Jul 18, 2021
samonak:

At no point in time did NAF possess harriers in it's inventory, we have Alpha Jets which has a similar appearance with Harriers. We have procured, Jaguar seepcats, Mig - 21 ( most of which have been decommissioned) F-7s, J -17 Thunder and super Tucanos which have been recently purchased.
Na wa O. So our money no even reach for original plane.
The Alpha jet even looks so much smaller than harrier jet.
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by onuman: 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2021
jaeyking:
Wahala no dey finish for this country sef
When the northern region of Nigeria believes that the only means to keep Nigeria intact is in acquiring military hardware and paying soldiers handsomely to kill other Nigeria groups agitating for political restructuring of the country to work well for all the regions,
Endless wahala is all the country gets.

Boko Haram which gave birth to the bandits is fighting for a Nigeria to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal justice system; the same criminal justice system adopted by the 12 northern sharia states between 1999-2001.

Pity those in the south of Nigeria who elect to sit like ducks in one Nigeria.

Taliban of Afghanistan has retaken most of Afghanistan immediately after the Allied forces led by America started to leave Afghanistan.
It’s foolish to believe that Nigeria’s armed forces may one day defeat Boko Haram which has support from millions of Moslems from the sharia states in northern Nigeria.
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by izubext007: 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
The bandits in the military is worse than the once in the bush grin
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by bluebay(m): 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
Who them
Use this one kill this time around ?
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by wizi4tyn: 6:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
Na only for UAR, military planes dey do like rain.

But unlike rain, they don't need a season to fall.
They just keep falling!
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by samonak(m): 6:53pm On Jul 18, 2021
uuzba:

Na wa O. So our money no even reach for original plane.
The Alpha jet even looks so much smaller than harrier jet.
When buying a plane / jet, a lot of factors are put into consideration, apart from the unit cost of the platform, the cost of maintenance, spare parts, training of pilots and technicians together with armament are all factored into the total cost, which invariably makes the deal to be very expensive. Aside from that international law also applies as well, for Instance, the Leahy act / law ( named after Senator Leahy) bars a user of US military hard ware or equipment from selling it to a third party without authorization from the US government. Especially if the third party is indicted for human right violations. That was why Isreal refused to sell some attack helicopters to Nigeria during GEJ tenure, and he had to resort to the black market.
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by Nauttyprof(m): 7:01pm On Jul 18, 2021
Officialgarri:
Planes are beginning to fall even when not at war.

Is it incompetence, negligence of weather condition or poor maintenance?

Can't be maintenance because a whole COAS would not fly in a poorly maintained aircraft

Please, also include Saboteurs.
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by uuzba(m): 7:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
samonak:

When buying a plane / jet, a lot of factors are put into consideration, apart from the unit cost of the platform, the cost of maintenance, spare parts, training of pilots and technicians together with armament are all factored into the total cost, which invariably makes the deal to be very expensive. Aside from that international law also applies as well, for Instance, the Leahy act / law ( named after Senator Leahy) bars a user of US military hard ware or equipment from selling it to a third party without authorization from the US government. Especially if the third party is indicted for human right violations. That was why Isreal refused to sell some attack helicopters to Nigeria during GEJ tenure, and he had to resort to the black market.
I think we have suffered enough in the hands of the international market. They can go to hell
Are we not disadvantaged enough again in this Nigeria?
Our strategy now should be like Innoson motors. Local fabrication of some parts, import other parts from anywhere, join-join everything together as OUR OWN standard and get ourselves brand new "anything" aeroplane.
And employ more of our youth in the process.
We have shot ourselves in the foot by longing so much for foreign goods.
Those guys don't care that all our youth are jobless due to excessive importation of their foreign goods.
I'm with them on Quora.com everyday. They are always complaining about Nigerian scammers scamming them.
What do you want the Nigerian boys to do? No light., No job no nothing. Just imported goods everywhere in the country and no industry to engage ones time or energy.
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by emimore: 7:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
Military planes just be crashing any how. I think the one that crashed in Abuja was going to bomb bandits too, a new seemingly over zealous COAS died in one recently, now another one. The other one disappeared to God Knows where. I hope it's not game of thrones. Mailafias supported video claiming war by 2023 comes to mind. This is serious.

Winter may be coming o
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by baloney: 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2021
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by Nyne: 7:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
Useless question ? Wow. Ok

Thetruthalways:

You just said BH might take over Nigeria's Military if care isn't taken...and you are asking if Nigeria has military....what sort of useless question is this?
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
sabotage
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by anonymuz(m): 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
Officialgarri:

Can't be maintenance because a whole COAS would not fly in a poorly maintained aircraft
lack of maintenance I Nigeria
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by jaxxy(m): 7:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
Makes no sense anymore. Hope the pilot didn’t go down with it or is safe.
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by Xavie(m): 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2021
Officialgarri:

I think is as a result of overused planes, oyibo go use plane finish sell am to Nigeria
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by Fash20: 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
Imagine Israel invade Nigeria, they'd shot down the zoo air space in minutes.
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by officialyusuf: 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2021
I sincerely hope this crash report is false,a fake news. Because they are frankly becoming too much too many. It can never ever be bad as this, when everyone is having a fearful feeling that every military craft in the air could most likely come down. Really sad �
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by ultimateprof: 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kaduna k-crashing another one? KK...
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by lildush(m): 8:11pm On Jul 18, 2021
I will like to be president of this country. I can fix all dis nonsense.. I sware
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by Kennydoc(m): 8:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
Officialgarri:

Sabotage!
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by NorthernSerene(m): 8:22pm On Jul 18, 2021
airminem:
Dear Lord, strenghten our leaders and give them wisdom.
sad

Six mikano generator jets awaiting delivery yet an alpha jet crashes again. The way things occur in Nigeria as a whole is too worrisome to an average alien on moon angry
Gaskiya Walahi, but I say AMEN to your wonderful prayers.

1 Like

Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by Elmaaq: 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
Officialgarri:

I still remember the 2 missing fighter jets mtcheeew
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by donnie(m): 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2021
Nyne:
Lol. They should better start dumping those outdated things they call military aircrafts. Military aircrafts indeed. .

Boko Haram might take over the Nigeria military if care isn’t taken.

Does Nigeria even have a Military ? Smh

You're living in the past
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by princeabdul(m): 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2021
NorthernSerene:
the country need God intervention.
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by princeabdul(m): 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
izubext007:
no better way to word it .
lildush:
I will like to be president of this country. I can fix all dis nonsense.. I sware
izubext007:
no better way to word it . LOL
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by airminem(f): 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
smiley
NorthernSerene:
Allah ya kare mutanen - Duk wanda zai kawo chi gaba, ka nuna mana shi, kuma ka kara tsare mana mutanen. Allah ya raba my da chin amana, da chin hakin mutum ko sauran halitun sa. Ameen!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by Yeahmehn: 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
It's better to enter night bus than to enter military jet going to kaduna
Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by NorthernSerene(m): 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
airminem:
smiley Allah ya kare mutanen - Duk wanda zai kawo chi gaba, ka ntna mana shi, kuma ka kara tsare mana mutanen. Allah ya raba my da chin amana, da chin hakin mutum ko sauran halitun sa. Ameen!!
Mashallah! Aameen thumma aameen.

1 Like

Re: Another Military Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna by Carlyscales: 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2021
Officialgarri:

Like you don't know the decay in civil service
Abi you ate living in denial

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of States Where Okada And Keke Are Banned Or Restricted / Bent Truck Spotted In Motion In Lagos: Pictures & Video / Asaba And Warri: The Two Capitals Of Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.