Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Deliberating On Wether To Eat Salah Meat Or Not - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deliberating On Wether To Eat Salah Meat Or Not (240 Views)

3 Men Carrying Sacrifice In Ikorodu, Forced To Eat It (Photos) / David Ibiyeomie: "No Coronavirus In Nigeria, Politicians Using It To Eat Money" / Check Out What Happens To You When You Bleep Someone Wether Married Or Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deliberating On Wether To Eat Salah Meat Or Not by Akinwaley11(m): 11:39am On Jul 19, 2021
Am not that good in English so pls pardon my errors.

I don't know if someone has asked this before on this platform or not but I just decided to ask since am confused.

Have been deliberating on wether to eat it or not, although it's not my first time of eating it, but have vowed never to eat it again. But am confused because right now am seriously broke due to the issue am having in my working place and also due to the current situation of the country now.

So pastors and my fellow brethrens in the house, is it proper or rather is it appropriate for me to eat it or is there any biblical references that speaks against it.
Re: Deliberating On Wether To Eat Salah Meat Or Not by Obakashdee(m): 11:45am On Jul 19, 2021
Better eat and don’t die, ask for forgiveness later, na who Dey alive Dey live holy life cheesy grin
Re: Deliberating On Wether To Eat Salah Meat Or Not by Kobojunkiee: 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
Akinwaley11:

I don't know if someone has asked this before on this platform or not but I just decided to ask since am confused.

Have been deliberating on wether to eat it or not, although it's not my first time of eating it, but have vowed never to eat it again. But am confused because right now am seriously broke due to the issue am having in my working place and also due to the current situation of the country now.

So pastors and my fellow brethrens in the house, is it proper or rather is it appropriate for me to eat it or is there any biblical references that speaks against it.
Wetin do your own brain? You no fit read your Bible yourself to find answers you need? undecided

If you do not want the food, give it to someone who deserves it abeg , make we hear Word ojare! undecided
Re: Deliberating On Wether To Eat Salah Meat Or Not by Image123(m): 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2021
Akinwaley11:

Tell us why you are deliberating on whether to eat it or not. We can't deceive you better than yourself brother.
Re: Deliberating On Wether To Eat Salah Meat Or Not by Splinz(m): 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2021
Akinwaley11:
...is it proper or rather is it appropriate for me to eat it or is there any biblical references that speaks against it.

Salah meat comes from a sacrifice offered to Allah, the Muslim god; a meat to celebrate this god.

Also, we know that Christianity and Islam are two different religion with clear distinctive features. And Christians are instructed:
For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live (1 Corinthians 8:5-6)
In other words, the God of the Bible is the One and only God, with other so-called gods not existing. And since Muslims don't worship the God of the Bible nor follow His instructions as contained in His word, it means their god is not the same as a Christian's own.

Now, let's see in details what the bible says concerning things offered to idols or gods:
What am I saying then? That an idol is anything, or what is offered to idols is anything? Rather, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice they sacrifice to demons and not to God, and I do not want you to have fellowship with demons (1 Corinthians 10:19-20)

There you have it. It is now left for you to make your own decision. Of course, all things are lawful but not all things are helpful. All things are lawful but not all things edify (verse 23).

Disclaimer: Please this is not an attack on anyone or religion. I write as one having both freedom of expression and right to religion.

(1) (Reply)

Latest: Powerful Audio Messages Of Pastor Paul Enenche You Should Not Miss / The Confusion Of Christianity / Don't Drive The New Christians Away From The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.