Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,624 members, 7,770,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:43 PM

Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy (40891 Views)

Davido Dazzled By Babs Cardini, A 19-Year-Old Magician (Video) / Bbnaija Final: Magician Babs Cadini Cast Spell On Davido And He Got Confused / Babs Cardini, The Magician: Daddy Freeze Meets 19-Year-Old Nigerian Magician (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 20, 2021
If you are conversant with the social media, the likelihood that you have come across the name Babs Cardini is very high. Born Babatunde Kasumu, the youngster has got everyone’s attention thanks to his flair for magic.

According to him, his passion for magic grew from watching magic shows on TV and seeing the excitement on the audience’s faces. He knew he wanted to bring joy to people in the same manner and this he has been able to achieve. When he began to perform at an early age, his gift left many surprised. What would normally take people at least two years took him two days to master.

In this chat with The Guardian Life, Babs Cardini gives more insight into his craft, future plans.

If you are conversant with the social media, the likelihood that you have come across the name Babs Cardini is very high. Born Babatunde Kasumu, the youngster has got everyone’s attention thanks to his flair for magic.

According to him, his passion for magic grew from watching magic shows on TV and seeing the excitement on the audience’s faces. He knew he wanted to bring joy to people in the same manner and this he has been able to achieve. When he began to perform at an early age, his gift left many surprised. What would normally take people at least two years took him two days to master.

In this chat with The Guardian Life, Babs Cardini gives more insight into his craft, future plans.

Can you tell us more about your childhood and background?

My childhood was pretty amazing as my parents were very supportive and readily available for my siblings and me. They taught us to place value on education, culture and human lives.

How did your parents react after you started practicing magic?

As I said, my parents were always supportive of everything my siblings and I wanted to do as long as it brought joy and fulfillment to us. Interestingly, my father taught me a couple of tricks that I now use even though he is not a magician and has never practiced magic.

What is the most challenging trick you have ever had to learn and execute?

Not to sound boastful but there is nothing that has really been challenging for me. Magic comes to me easily. Honestly, I can replicate anything as long as I see it and put my mind to wanting to do it. The only challenge I sometimes face is getting the needed materials to achieving some tricks and illusions especially when it involves large proportions.

In 2019, you talked about seeing yourself as being one of the greatest magicians in the world in the next three years, what steps are you taking to achieve that?

Yes, I said that I want to be among the best magicians globally and I still very much stand on that. I have been working tirelessly with the help of my boss Ono McCaulay of Hype PR. I am signed to him and he shares the same vision and goal of making the art of magic come to stay. Steps are being taken and we are putting things in place gradually. As they say, preparedness, opportunity combined with the right timing can make anything go boom.

You mentioned that watching YouTube tutorials won’t get one very far in magic, how then can those starting out improve themselvesml?

Yes, watching YouTube videos is not and will never be enough. If you watch YouTube videos and believe you will learn magic then you are out of it. Magic comprises tricks, illusions and pure magic. You can learn the first two things, tricks and illusions, improve on them with practice. Do you see pure magic? It is a gift that is inborn.

What will you say has been the most fulfilling experience for you in your career so far?

Every opportunity I get to be showcase the art of magic as an entertainer in front of any audience gives me fulfillment. It does not matter if it is on a big stage or in the presence of a small crowd, as long as they are in awe and react with excitement, then I am fulfilled. I always find the happiness of my audience fulfilling.

How profitable (financially rewarding) has the business of magic been for you?

I wouldn’t want the cat out of the bag and get people coming for me so all I can say is that the reward is encouraging enough and puts food on the table.

If you were not doing magic, what career would you be pursuing?

Let me say it now and let it be out there that although I am young, I am a well-read individual. I am a graduate of Computer Engineering from the prestigious Yaba College of Technology. I have a goal to pursue further my education by studying Robotics Engineering, which I believe will be helpful to my craft. A lot of people don’t understand that science and magic are the same. I plan to have a career in the science and technology sector.

What is the most challenging thing about being a magician in Nigeria?

The major challenge is the mindset and orientation of the people. The people usually have these negative thoughts towards those who practice magic but what they don’t realise is that it is a craft and showmanship. What we are trying to do is to educate them and reorient them.

Is there anyone whom you look up to as an inspiration in the art of magic?

To be honest, I find every magician, both the big names and the unrecognsied one as inspirational. They inspire my magical creativity but I hold in high regard, the likes of Dynamo who happens to be a personal friend and mentor. I am also inspired by Penn and Teller, David Copperfield, Chris Angel to mention but a few.

What is your advice to others intending to build a career in magic?

My advice to individuals that love the art of magic and want to get into it is simple. Practice, practice, practice. Don’t forget to believe in yourself and always remember to have fun while you are at it. Magic is not a do or die affair. If you have these things constantly in mind, everything will fall into place in due time.

https://www.facebook.com/channelsforum/videos/866850990620188/?app=fbl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlwi_ZuLbsY

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by NwaOhafia: 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2021
grin
Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by Sucre6: 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2021
I love magic cool
Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2021
Afonjas and magic be like bread and butter

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by dexpendable(m): 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2021
Is magic real?

6 Likes

Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by rottenPussy: 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by stupidmod3: 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
Nice can he disappear without putting a cloth to surround himself angry.

HELLO, ARE YOU INTO MUSIC? CHECK MY SIGNATURE

6 Likes

Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
Okay

1 Like

Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by brownemmanuel43(m): 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
I have two UK used phones for sell
Huawei P8 Lite : 35000
LG G6: 44,000
Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by theTranscriber: 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
He will go far
I've seen some of his videos

He has a rare combination of competence and confidence.

11 Likes

Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by ODJ124(m): 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
cool

The new Merlin...

*Cause I owe you money, you turn yourself to 1st viewer for all my status.* grin
*You wan use hypertension kill me ni?* grin grin grin

Thread seen..

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by ifedohlahpoh(f): 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by superCleanworks(m): 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
observing. dem plenty for Eden Garden.
Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by peppermint7(m): 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
Na this boy nearly finish davido and mayorkun career for one night.
abeg who still get that legendary memegrin

rottenPussy:
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind
Exactly shut up

Akwamkpuruamu:
Afonjas and magic be like bread and butter
Payout from this boy show wer run for about 5mins go feed you
Nonsense bigot

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by FBIBOT(m): 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by Shedrack777: 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
i'll love to steal his blockos
Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by ArewaNightmare: 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
grin grin He should Atleast use that magic to kpuff that Pharaoh in Aso Rock if it can't change our economy

35 Likes

Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by Latakia(f): 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2021
May we never sleep on our bed and wake up in another place.

Nnamdi Kanu 2021.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by venza88: 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2021
I love dis kid
Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by EVideos: 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2021
Ok

Meanwhile watch how Wike is transforming Port Harcourt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaJcaUJ2ojQ
Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by Jas80: 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2021
Magics or tricks?
Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by superCleanworks(m): 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2021
peppermint7:
Na this boy nearly finish davido and mayorkun career for one night.
abeg who still get that legendary memegrin

Exactly shut up

how?
Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2021
Shedrack777:
i'll love to steal his blockos
bloody perv

4 Likes

Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by inumidun2010(m): 1:21pm On Jul 20, 2021
I'm waiting for the HE'S DEMON POSSESSED CREW....

1 Like

Re: Magician Babs Cardini: Magic Cant Change Nigeria's Economy by BigDawsNet: 1:21pm On Jul 20, 2021
“Take a card, any card,” the magician says.

I take his credit card.
undecided

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Annie Idibia Claps Back At A Follower Who Called Her A "Wor Wor" Girl / Wizkid At The Moschino Show During Milan Fashion Week / Nosa Rex Buys A Car For His Wife, Deborah (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.