Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,509 members, 7,770,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:42 AM

Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) (48049 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Scores 2 Screamers To Become 2023 Highest Goal Scorer (Photos) / Chelsea Score 2 Own Goals For The First Time In A Premier League Game / Again Iheanacho Scores 2 Goals To Knock Man United Out Of The FA Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 20, 2021
Ghana Premier League player admits scoring two deliberate own goals to foil match-fixing plot

The defender saw his actions at the weekend go viral on social media after he converted twice past his own goalkeeper.

Inter Allies defender Hashmin Musah has confessed to scoring two intentional own goals in Saturday’s Ghana Premier League clash with Ashanti Gold in order to defy an attempt at match-fixing from his own team.

The club went down 7-0 in the match, with Musah coming off the bench to net twice past his own keeper in the final 12 minutes.

He claims that he did so on purpose as he believes that the score had been agreed in advance for betting purposes.

“After the game, my technical team commended me for spoiling the bet they had staked,” Musah told Kumasi FM , as reported by Citisportonline.

“I promised my coach that if he allows me to play from the bench, I will spoil the bet. And after the game, my team congratulated me.

The craziest own goals ever in the history of football.

Ashgold 7 vs 0 Inter Allies. Ghana Premier League smh.

— Saddick Adams (@SaddickAdams) July 19, 2021
“I heard it in our hotel that a bet had been made for a correct scoreline of 5-1 against my club Inter Allies.

“I decided to spoil that bet because I don’t condone betting."

The bigger picture

Inter Allies went into the final game of the season already condemned to relegation from the Premier League, and were 5-0 down before Musah's introduction.

Musah himself was substituted out of the match just before full-time following his two own goals.

While videos of the defender’s goals have gone viral on social media, prompting calls for investigations, Ashanti Gold have stressed they had no involvement in the alleged match-rigging agreement.

“We take notice of the videos circulating in relation to our game against Inter Allies and wish to unequivocally disassociate [ourselves] from any wrongdoing,” Ashanti Gold said in a statement on Monday.

"Ashanti Gold played competitively in the entire duration of the game, with our players scoring five great goals through hard work and team effort in the 15th, 26th, 42nd, 49th and 77th minutes respectively.

“We have no idea as to why the opponents’ player scored two own goals after we were up by five goals, with 13 minutes to end the game.

“We demonstrated throughout the game we were determined to play to the best of our abilities, and not to play to any pre-determined score line as it’s been circulated,” AshGold’s statement continued.

“We therefore vehemently disassociate ourselves from any match-fixing and wish to urge all persons and organisations wrongfully accusing the club of match fixing to desists from that, as we won’t hesitate to take legal actions against such parties.

“As a renowned sporting brand, we have always believed in fair play and would continue to act in the good interest of the game.”

The Ghanaian FA have subsequently announced their intention to look into any alleged irregularities, affirming in a statement: “The Ghana Football Association (GFA) wishes to inform all its members and the public that the Association has opened investigations into the Ghana Premier League Matchday 34 game played between Ashanti Gold SC and Inter Allies FC at the Len Clay stadium at Obuasi on Saturday, July 17, 2021,” the GFA has stated in a statement on its official website on Monday.

“The GFA has resolved that: (1) The Compliance & Integrity Officer and the GFA Prosecutors will lead the “sporting” investigations by the GFA, and (2) The Association will further lodge a complaint on the match with the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Ghana Police Service and the Ghana wing of Interpol for the criminal investigation of the game.

“The GFA further urges any member of the public, the media, players, technical team members to also send any evidence or information whatsoever connected to the match (a statement, video, audio etc) to assist the investigations through the GFA integrity Hotline and email.”

https://www.goal.com/en/news/ghana-premier-league-player-admits-scoring-two-deliberate/17w4bolf6cpp412li1ffpnvte0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8SgpIQ7Qpw

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by 1Alex: 10:06am On Jul 20, 2021
See spoiling.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by Millimann: 10:09am On Jul 20, 2021
All of them are mad.

That defender sef could be the main match fixer!

136 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by Iyiataata92: 10:09am On Jul 20, 2021
Africa is the death of football

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by NiklauseFred(m): 10:12am On Jul 20, 2021
Mah guy

That guy na the realest guy in Ghana presently grin

167 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by paulolee(m): 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2021
I watch dt video on YouTube n cnt stop laughing...
seriously, if d game was really fixed by high stakers with huge cash, dt players life can be in danger because dm fit revenge with death
match fixing dt i know involved huge cash n you would hardly notice except someone snitch..
fixing of matches is very discreet n not something dt a whole team would know about to prevent occurrences like dis n bcoz of d huge cash involved..
maybe na low budget fixers like dt nairaland guy wey de always disturb threads with sure fixed games naim plan dis wan..

150 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by paulolee(m): 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2021
Iyiataata92:
it happens is ghana n u blaming Africa...we know say African football is developing bt u cnt cruticze it based on wat happens in a local league in Ghana
Incas u dnt know, match fixing is a global issue n it happens more in Europe than in Africa because football is business, dts how some smaller clubs do pay bills n even Almighty Juve in Italy was once relegated to lower league bcox of match fixing..

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by sotall(m): 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2021
grin

Simply put he re-fixed the match

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by Curious345: 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
March fixing
Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by Curious345: 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
I know a guy who is an avid punter .

He bets on 1xbet.

But he gets fixed games from an inner mafia clique somewhere in the Arabian peninsula.
And with the hoarde of money flowing in ,

He has two mansions in lekki, and he built 7 mansions in his village for his

Dad.
Mom
Uncle
Siblings
And himself.

He bought luxury cars for his

Mom
Dad
Sister
Brother
Babe

Na from that guy I saabi say matchfixing is real ..

Imagine staking 5m to win 50m twice weekly .

Hnmmm

72 Likes

Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by Gravity56: 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
M
Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by Goldenheart(m): 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
Charley
Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by PheelzAlmighty: 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
Funny grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by freeman131: 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
Epa nah sniper them go use waste you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by Adebaba1(m): 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2021
confirm match fixing

1 Like

Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by nanauju(f): 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2021
Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by rowland545(m): 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2021
Weather nah dis game my guy tell me say e get sure correct score for...

Nah so I for use 10k play I'm ...this idiot go go spoil I'm bcus ....no b juju b dat ....u no chop u no wan make others chop....now him club don enter wahala.

But match fixing is bad shaa......u fit know no who dem fix I'm against....but we should not shout Africa.... It happens even in Europe small leaques

5 Likes

Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by OLRAYS(m): 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2021
Millimann:
All of them are mad.
grin Africa...
Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by superCleanworks(m): 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2021
madness everywhere.

Ticket Busters.

dont try this in mexico

27 Likes

Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by SportsHD: 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2021
His type is rare.
Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by obembet(f): 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2021
Imagine stake Nigeria on this game

1 Like

Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by DEEBOZZ(m): 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
I am not surprise this is coming from a third world league like Ghanaian premier league.
Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
good one indeed
Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by Cocobongo(m): 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
Iyiataata92:
you don't know how to comment on issues, if you hate Africa so much, why don't you die and born again somewhere Iraq or Afghanistan.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
Oo
Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by Cocobongo(m): 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
grin
angry
Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by salesbloo: 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
Re-Fixing of Match
Re: Ghana League: Hashmin Musah Scores 2 Own Goals To Foil Match Fixing Plot (video) by wizdapilla: 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
Most wanted person In Ghana RN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anthony Nwakaeme’s Statue Erected In Turkey (Photos, Video) / Loved Up Photos Of Alex Iwobi And His Pretty Model Girlfriend. PICS / Mamadou Sakho And His ₦120m Rolls-royce Cullinan SUV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.