Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,442 members, 7,826,701 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Nigeria Defeats Ghana in WAFU Cup Semi-Final; To Play Togo In Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Defeats Ghana in WAFU Cup Semi-Final; To Play Togo In Final (1123 Views)

Tyson Fury Defeats Wladimir Klitschko / Nigeria Defeats Host (Niger) 2 - 0 || 2015 African U-17 CAF Tourney / Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Defeats Ghana in WAFU Cup Semi-Final; To Play Togo In Final by humebuloe: 7:31pm On May 12, 2011
Nigeria this evening defeated Ghana in the final of WAFU CUP by 2:1 in a tense soaked match with the winning goal coming at the tail end of the match.
Re: Nigeria Defeats Ghana in WAFU Cup Semi-Final; To Play Togo In Final by loabb(m): 7:41pm On May 12, 2011
Not final, Its Semi Finale
Re: Nigeria Defeats Ghana in WAFU Cup Semi-Final; To Play Togo In Final by vwvw(m): 8:35pm On May 12, 2011
nt final dude but what a game.its been a while i saw a fiesty game btw ng and ghana.finally we are beginin 2 see a team formin
Re: Nigeria Defeats Ghana in WAFU Cup Semi-Final; To Play Togo In Final by skipo4u(m): 9:09pm On May 12, 2011
Its Semi Final, they will play final against Togo. Togo defeated Liberia in the other Semi final
Re: Nigeria Defeats Ghana in WAFU Cup Semi-Final; To Play Togo In Final by proudly9ja(m): 9:14pm On May 12, 2011
For those who watched the match, how did it go?

Is there a link for highlights online?
Re: Nigeria Defeats Ghana in WAFU Cup Semi-Final; To Play Togo In Final by semid4lyfe(m): 5:49am On May 13, 2011
I watched the full 120minutes of the match and I gats say it was a very fiesty and tense encounter.

Ekhigo Ehiosun of Warri Wolves (for now cos that guy is going places) stole the show with his superb 2 goals and excellent all round MOTM performance. . .I have not been this impressed by a home-based player in a long while.

No 6 jerseyed Gege Soriola of Heartland was also solid in defence. He was v.confident and poised through out and was unbeatable in defence. I suspect he's just played his way into the main Super Eagles team. Dude in no 7 jersey for Nigeria [Ezuronye] was also v.good but he looks kinda old to me.

All in all, it was a good performance and I'm happy for Siasia and the boys. Next up is Togo in the final. Lets go there. . . . .
Re: Nigeria Defeats Ghana in WAFU Cup Semi-Final; To Play Togo In Final by emekagh(m): 6:35am On May 13, 2011
^^^Yes, let's go there! grin
Re: Nigeria Defeats Ghana in WAFU Cup Semi-Final; To Play Togo In Final by tjay007: 7:39am On May 13, 2011
i didn't c d match from the beginin. i began watchin it just before the 2nd goal. but what i dont understand is why d ghanians were complainin viciously 2d ref after the match. pls, did i miss anything? how was d officiating?,
Re: Nigeria Defeats Ghana in WAFU Cup Semi-Final; To Play Togo In Final by semid4lyfe(m): 9:27am On May 13, 2011
@tjay007
To be fair, the officiating wasn't the best.

In the run up to the penalty that led to Ghana's goal, a Ghanaian player was clear on goal and was fouled by Nigerian defender, Gege Soriola (who was on a yellow card) in the box, the ref gave the penalty to Ghana but didn't give Gege Soriola the [2nd] yellow card he deserved. Instead, he gave our goalie Sunday Rotimi who had nothing to do with the offense a yellow card. I mean, how could he give a penalty for a deliberate offense in the 18 and not book the defender that caused it?

Also, we got a questionable penalty (it looked like a dive by Ekhigo Ehiosun) late in the 2nd half but to be fair to the referee he wouldn't have given it if not for the linesman that raised his flag to indicate a foul. . .like se God know se the penalty wasn't deserved, we missed the penalty lol.

Finally, me thinks Victor Ezeji fouled the Ghanain defender in the run up to our 2nd goal and a freekick should have been given to Ghana. . .it's akin to how Germany scored the 3rd & winning goal against us in the Egypt 2009 U-20 World cup when Lukmam Haruna was brought down and the ref didn't give us a freekick.Well, what do I know. . .the ref knows best grin
Re: Nigeria Defeats Ghana in WAFU Cup Semi-Final; To Play Togo In Final by Nobody: 9:52am On May 13, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, I laughed coz ANoTHER TERRORIST DROGBA has been born, in the person of EKHISON EHIOSUN. He is every inch the DROGBA of NIgeria. That guy is a sure bet for Super Eagles First Team. Congrat Super Eagles, U made my day yesterday,
Re: Nigeria Defeats Ghana in WAFU Cup Semi-Final; To Play Togo In Final by semid4lyfe(m): 10:14am On May 13, 2011
galek:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin,  I laughed coz ANoTHER TERRORIST DROGBA has been born, in the person of EKHISON EHIOSUN. He is every inch the DROGBA of NIgeria. That guy is a sure bet for Super Eagles First Team. Congrat Super Eagles, U made my day yesterday,

True! grin grin grin grin grin

Make I follow you laugh cos the guy (Ekhigho Ehiosun) na real terrorist. He's got good vision, goal sense, speed, dribbles well, a "forward always" player who faces defenders and takes them head-on, packs good shots in both legs and although not a tall player,  a good nodder of the ball cos what lacks in height he makes up with a powerful leap. . .I was pleasantly surprised & pleased when he was beating the taller Ghanaian defenders in the 50-50 aerial battles. . .

I was very impressed by his game against Liberia & Niger and I was blown away by his performance yesterday against Ghana.

Ehiosun na baller. . .hope Warri Wolves won't sell him for peanuts and that he goes to a good club in Europe.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Support Man. Utd? / Soccer Star, Yusuf Ayila’s Wife In Juju Scandal +exclusive Pictures Of Charms Fo / Nigerian Paralympian Gold Medalist ,joy Onaolapo Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.