Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

What Do You Know Of The Name Ronaldinho - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / What Do You Know Of The Name Ronaldinho (271 Views)

Ronaldinho Officially Retires From Professional Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Know Of The Name Ronaldinho by aribisala0(m): 6:10am On Jul 21, 2021
Ronaldinho is a Portuguese NICKNAME meaning Little or Small Ronaldo used when there is more than one Ronaldo in a group
It is not usually a real or proper name

As such it is not a name that usually follows a person into old gae but we have all come to know one person as Ronaldinho

His name is

Ronaldo de Assis Moreira

He was called Ronaldinho because of the presence in the team of his senior

Ronaldo de Lima

What lot of people do not know is that
When Ronald de Lima joined the Brazillin team he too was called Ronaldinho because of another lesser known Ronaldo( a defender} in the national team
Ronaldo Guiaro

In 1996 at the Atlanta Olympice Ronaldo de Lima wore a jersey with the name Ronldinho
https://twitter.com/i/status/1306911344096993281
The suffix - INHO is quite common in Brazil as in the appellation "Junior". Many Brazilians have "Junior" in their names and may be called Juninho which means Little Junior. Several other names carry the suffix INHO for the same reason

So very likely in Brazil if your name is Ronaldo you would be called Ronaldinho at some stage in your life but one person seems to be carrying it into old age

Re: What Do You Know Of The Name Ronaldinho by Samishiba: 7:42pm On Jul 23, 2021
aribisala0:
Ronaldinho is a Portuguese NICKNAME meaning Little or Small Ronaldo used when there is more than one Ronaldo in a group
It is not usually a real or proper name

As such it is not a name that usually follows a person into old gae but we have all come to know one person as Ronaldinho

His name is

Ronaldo de Assis Moreira

He was called Ronaldinho because of the presence in the team of his senior

Ronaldo de Lima

What lot of people do not know is that
When Ronald de Lima joined the Brazillin team he too was called Ronaldinho because of another lesser known Ronaldo( a defender} in the national team
Ronaldo Guiaro

In 1996 at the Atlanta Olympice Ronaldo de Lima wore a jersey with the name Ronldinho
https://twitter.com/i/status/1306911344096993281
The suffix - INHO is quite common in Brazil as in the appellation "Junior". Many Brazilians have "Junior" in their names and may be called Juninho which means Little Junior. Several other names carry the suffix INHO for the same reason

So very likely in Brazil if your name is Ronaldo you would be called Ronaldinho at some stage in your life but one person seems to be carrying it into old age

Junior is when the kid have the name of the grandfather. For example if the grandfather name is Ronaldo the kid name is Ronaldo Junior. Some Brazilians put the name Junior if the son have the name of the grandfather.
Re: What Do You Know Of The Name Ronaldinho by aribisala0(m): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2021
Samishiba:

Junior is when the kid have the name of the grandfather. For example if the grandfather name is Ronaldo the kid name is Ronaldo Junior

You are correct . I think everyone knows that

The point is in Brazil that practice is quite common

and so in a group where there is more than one "junior" in a group e.g class football team ets

The smaller "Junior" is called Juninho
Google is a universal friend

I do not know if you read what you quoted

The rRonaldinho nickname has nothing to do with being Junior?
Re: What Do You Know Of The Name Ronaldinho by Samishiba: 3:05am On Jul 25, 2021
aribisala0:
You are correct . I think everyone knows that
The rRonaldinho nickname has nothing to do with being Junior?
No. I have read a article who say that "inho" come from small height. Because the soccer players are short. Inho in portuguese mean "pequenininho" a short person.
Re: What Do You Know Of The Name Ronaldinho by aribisala0(m): 7:21am On Jul 25, 2021
Samishiba:

No. I have read a article who say that "inho" come from small height. Because the soccer players are short. Inho in portuguese mean "pequenininho" a short person.

please share this article
I am not sure I understand you so be clear. What exactly is your point

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Vs Real Madrid April 5, 2023 20:00pm / FA Cup Leicester City Vs Chelsea 18/03/2018 5:30pm / EPL: Klopp Calls For Manchester City To Be Punished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.