Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,871 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions (20233 Views)

Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos / ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . / Giannis Antetokounmpo Signs $228 Million Deal - The Richest In NBA History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Mbataku96(m): 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2021
Amotekun777:

Bad leadership elected by Germans, Dutch, Belgians or Nigerians? Which one, abeg? angry

NONSENSE!
Are you a fool? When in history of this nation has our leaders been elected, the only time was during the second republic MKO, whom the caliphate stole his mandate and locked up to till his death.
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by fredoooooo: 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2021
That guy is a machine shocked
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Lebronjames23(m): 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2021
Onepeople:
why the insult?
sorry man.. I was pissed off earlier,hence the transfer of aggression
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Uchasa(m): 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2021
Why were only Giannis and Thanasis mentioned? They aren't the only Nigerians at Bucks, there is also Jordan Nwora.
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by redcliff: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2021
The human capital outside the shores of the nation is overwhelming and should be a cause for worry.
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
Uchasa:
Why were only Giannis and Thanasis mentioned? They aren't the only Nigerians at Bucks, there is also Jordan Nwora.

Now you've mentioned him. Done
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by chiedozie198100: 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Lol flatin0 Jew feeling funky.... it's only his mother who is Igbo.

Only?

Were they supposed to have multiple mothers or they have multiple fathers?
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Twakor: 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2021
BARISTAMandela:

Stop this tribal madness, how will Mr Charles Adetokumbo being "Igbo" add millions to your bank account? Instead of you to draw valuable lesson from the indefatigable spirit of their parents who ventured into uncharted waters to give their sons a better life, you are here arguing the unarguable.
Stop being an embarrassment!
How can you accurately know a man's tribe by his physiognomy alone?
Mr Charles is a Yoruba man married to Mrs Victoria an Igbo woman case closed. #SickNLDTribalists!

For your information, I am not igbo. I am simply trying to shed light on their origin, because many people mistakenly think they are Yoruba because of the unfortunate incident with their Surname.

Let me help you with more information.

1. Most people know the 4 brothers who play basketball, but people don't realise they are actually 5 brothers, not 4. Their first son was born in Nigeria before the parents travelled to Europe and could not take him with them. They left him in Lagos as a very young child and he never saw his parents again because of their situation in Europe, they were asylum seekers and couldn't travel back to Nigeria, they were stuck there. That boy's name is Francis Ofili (First name Francis, surname Ofili). He finally moved to Greece as an adult after his brothers had made it in the NBA, and in Greece he appended the name Antetokunpo to his name to cement the association with his brothers. Here is a music video of their brother Francis Ofili on their official youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paBWk94D6b0

2. Now just look at a list of the official names of all five brothers and their parents below below

Father - Charles
Mother - Veronica
1st Son - Francis (Full name Francis Ofili, this is the only brother that grew up in Nigeria using his real name)
2nd Son - Thanasis
3rd Son - Giannis Ugo
4th Son - Kostas Ndubuisi
5th Son - Alex Emeka

Does the above list sound like a typical Yoruba family to you? A Yoruba family that lacks yoruba names so mysteriously, from father to all the kids. Even their father does not have a Yoruba name? Not even a middle name? Does that look normal to you?

3. There is no video, audio, or picture evidence of their father ever speaking Yoruba or dressed like a yoruba person. But there is plenty of evidence that the man is Igbo. This is a picture of Mr and Mrs Antetokounmpo posted on instagram by their first son Francis Ofili - https://www.instagram.com/p/BmAgCxDBnPH/

4. Unfortunately, their Dad, Charles, Died in 2017, and after his death is when stories of the 5th brother surfaced for the first time. While he was alive, their background was deliberately kept obscure.

5. The reason why they still carry this name Adetokunbo around is because the consequences of lying while seeking asylum is severe, their mother would be in legal trouble in Greece/EU if it ever came out that their original identity was fake, this is the only reason why they still carry that name around and stick to the story. They are not Yorubas, they are Igbos who migrated on false identity to try and get a better life.

6. If you want to learn more about their family (Not what you think you know) Checkout their mother Veronica's instagram - https://www.instagram.com/veronica_ante3443/ or their first son Francis Ofili's instagram - https://www.instagram.com/ofili_official/

Again, I am not igbo and I am not Yoruba. I don't care about tribal anything, I just don't like misinformation

4 Likes

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Eastlink(m): 6:03pm On Jul 21, 2021
Twakor:

For your information, I am not igbo. I am simply trying to shed light on their origin, because many people mistakenly think they are Yoruba because of the unfortunate incident with their Surname.

1. Most people know the 4 brothers who play basketball, but people don't realise they are actually 5 brothers, not 4. Their first son was born in Nigeria before the parents travelled to Europe and could not take him with them. They left him in Lagos as a very young child and he never saw his parents again because of their situation in Europe, they were asylum seekers and couldn't travel back to Nigeria, they were stuck there. That boy's name is Francis Ofili (First name Francis, surname Ofili). He finally moved to Greece as an adult after his brothers had made it in the NBA, and in Greece he appended the name Antetokunpo to his name to cement the association with his brothers. Here is a music video of their brother Francis Ofili on their official youtube channel

2. Now just look at a list of the official names of all five brothers and their parents below below

Father - Charles
Mother - Veronica
1st Son - Francis (Full name Francis Ofili, this is the only brother that grew up in Nigeria using his real name)
2nd Son - Thanasis
3rd Son - Giannis Ugo
5th Son - Alex Emeka

Does the above list sound like a typical Yoruba family to you? A Yoruba family that lacks yoruba names so mysteriously, from father to all the kids. Even their father does not have a Yoruba name? Not even a middle name? Does that look normal to you?

3. There is no video, audio, or picture evidence of their father ever speaking Yoruba or dressed like a yoruba person. But there is plenty of evidence that the man is Igbo. This is a picture of Mr and Mrs Antetokounmpo posted on instagram by their first son Francis Ofili - https://www.instagram.com/p/BmAgCxDBnPH/

4. Unfortunately, their Dad, Charles, Died in 2017, and after his death is when stories of the 5th brother surfaced for the first time. While he was alive, their background was deliberately kept obscure.

5. The reason why they still carry this name Adetokunbo around is because the consequences of lying while seeking asylum is severe, their mother would be in legal trouble in Greece/EU if it ever came out that their original identity was fake, this is the only reason why they still carry that name around and stick to the story. They are not Yorubas, they are Igbos who migrated on false identity to try and get a better life.

6. If you want to learn more about their family (Not what you think you know) Checkout their mother Veronica's instagram - https://www.instagram.com/veronica_ante3443/ or their first son Francis Ofili's instagram - https://www.instagram.com/ofili_official/

Again, I am not igbo and I am not Yoruba. I don't care about tribal anything, I just don't like misinformation
Now the puzzle is finally connecting. Because I was wondering what will make their biological first son Frank bear Ofili. Why will a first son bear Ofili. This shows that Ofili is the real surname of their Father Charles. Among the children, only Giannis has Sina attached as middle name, but the rest all bear Igbo names. Even when their Father died, he was brough home to Onitsha to be buried. Another red flag.

Well, I won't blame them, a lot of Nigerians left this country with someone else identity from the early 90's to 20's. It's just like Mbappe's father who is Yoruba, but had to stick with the Cameroonian links inorder not to raise suspicion in French circles of using another person's passport to migrate to France.

Back to the Antetokumpo's. I knew something was not right when everything about that family pointed to Igbo. I actually went through the Father's pix posted online, not once did he identify with Yoruba roots. Dude was seen in Igbo chieftaincy attires all through. Even the idea of selling CD's and Wrist watches in the streets of Athens, pointed towards Igbo. Do the Yoruba's hawk CD's and Wrist watches on the street?
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Danielnino00(m): 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
shogsman:

his family Hellenized their surname from Adetokunbo to Antetokounmpo to more closely follow Greek traditions, the kid has was born in sepolia,Athens they call him the greek freak,he and his brother even served in their country's millitary as its compulsory for every greek ,he has no relation with your country. But just a name of course, y'all had to rope him in by force
He is greek American please leave it at that.

You are just talking out of hate...
There was an NBA exhibition game in Africa in 2015.. Team USA vs team Africa... Giannis represented Nigeria for team Africa..He has a Nigerian passport too.. His eldest brother was born in and played pro football in Nigeria..He has acknowledged Nigeria in interviews many times...

One thing you don't realize is that many black people living outside Africa like to connect with their roots in the continent.....
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by omotodun1(m): 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2021
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Amotekun777: 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2021
Mbataku96:

Are you a fool? When in history of this nation has our leaders been elected, the only time was during the second republic MKO, whom the caliphate stole his mandate and locked up to till his death.

Even for the 4th republic, ba?
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by BARISTAMandela(m): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2021
Twakor:

I don't know them on personal level, maybe you do or it appears you have done your homework... What I was really emphasizing is that there should be less scrutiny of people's tribes cos it takes much more than tribe or ethnicity to succeed in this life. But then again this is Nairaland. undecided
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Shattuck(m): 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2021
Julianaa:
Toronto last season, bucks this season

Congrats to Giannis
Money well spent for bucks
Lakers last season, Toronto two seasons back, bucks this season.
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Julianaa: 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2021
Shattuck:
Lakers last season, Toronto two seasons back, bucks this season.
ohh

1 Like

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by afube: 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Lol flatin0 Jew feeling funky.... it's only his mother who is Igbo.

that makes him half igbo...........even Victor oladipo of Indiana pacers mum is also Igbo, so dump your tribalism into the trashcan!
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Gambit23: 11:29pm On Jul 21, 2021
Mbataku96:
Beautiful! Just beautiful, naija is blessed with talents but bad leadership na im the kill us

Ma fulani wey kill us
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by BENEAMATA: 11:52pm On Jul 21, 2021
atonement12:
I'm also very sure he's not obligated to inform you or the world press when he or his family members does charity works in Nigeria.
We shall continue this discussion when he physically visits Nigeria.
leave that guy bros .he is greece , born in greece yet the country render him "stateless " for eighteen years of his life .

1 Like

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by atonement12: 2:01am On Jul 22, 2021
BENEAMATA:
leave that guy bros .he is greece , born in greece yet the country render him "stateless " for eighteen years of his life .
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Charlie2020(f): 5:54am On Jul 22, 2021
Commentor:

In game 6 alone.
. No it's his cumulative scores in the 6 final games. Final score in game 6 was 105-98. He alone couldn't have dunked half of the teams final 105 score
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Commentor: 5:58am On Jul 22, 2021
Charlie2020:
. No it's his cumulative scores in the 6 final games. Final score in game 6 was 105-98. He alone couldn't have dunked half of the teams final 105 score

You do know you could always Google?
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Charlie2020(f): 7:08am On Jul 22, 2021
Commentor:

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Charlie2020(f): 7:13am On Jul 22, 2021
Commentor:

. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Elock1: 8:11am On Jul 22, 2021
Parachoko:
This guy is so good.

But see as dem manipulate the name grin
me sef I was wondering which kin yoruba name be that... Is it Adetokunbo?
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
afube:

that makes him half igbo...........even Victor oladipo of Indiana pacers mum is also Igbo, so dump your tribalism into the trashcan!

A person inherits the father's name and identity. Throw your half Igbo catshit into the bin, your Igbo sister is only breeding tool.
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Lstar4real(m): 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2021
Twakor:

Father - Charles
Mother - Veronica
2nd Son - Thanasis
3rd Son - Giannis Ugo
5th Son - Alex Emeka

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo And The Milwaukee Bucks Are 2020/2021 NBA Champions by Lstar4real(m): 11:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
Eastlink:
Now the puzzle is finally connecting. Because I was wondering what will make their biological first son Frank bear Ofili. Why will a first son bear Ofili. This shows that Ofili is the real surname of their Father Charles. Among the children, only Giannis has Sina attached as middle name, but the rest all bear Igbo names. Even when their Father died, he was brough home to Onitsha to be buried. Another red flag.

Well, I won't blame them, a lot of Nigerians left this country with someone else identity from the early 90's to 20's. It's just like Mbappe's father who is Yoruba, but had to stick with the Cameroonian links inorder not to raise suspicion in French circles of using another person's passport to migrate to France.

Back to the Antetokumpo's. I knew something was not right when everything about that family pointed to Igbo. I actually went through the Father's pix posted online, not once did he identify with Yoruba roots. Dude was seen in Igbo chieftaincy attires all through. Even the idea of selling CD's and Wrist watches in the streets of Athens, pointed towards Igbo. Do the Yoruba's hawk CD's and Wrist watches on the street?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ronaldo's Al Nassr Eliminated From The King's Cup By 10-man Al Wehda / "Lionel Messi Should Retire" - Maradona / Age Scam Shakes Under-23 Football Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.