Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage (18139 Views)

Facebook, Messenger And Instagram ‘Down’ In Mysterious Mass Outage / Who Else Uses Garanntor.ng? Experiencing Downtime? / Am I The Only One Experiencing Down Server In Domainking.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by fergie001: 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
Banks, brokerages, PSN, the Steam Store, and more are down in massive internet outage

Many websites — including banking pages, brokerages, and gaming services — have been affected by what looks to be a major internet outage. As website owners and companies that run services that provide the backbone of the web scramble to solve the issue, consumers have been left unable to access services like Ally Bank, Fidelity, Sony’s PlayStation Network, Airbnb, and more. Several airline sites are also having issues: Delta, British Airways, and Southwest’s sites are all having major issues.

At the moment, it’s unclear what’s causing the outage, though DownDetector reports that both AWS and Akamai, a pair of content delivery networks that host much of the internet, are both experiencing issues.

Akamai’s status page reports that the company is currently investigating an issue with its DNS service. Cloudflare’s CEO has chimed in to say that its service isn’t to blame. We’ve reached out to Akamai and Oracle; its Oracle Cloud has also been mentioned as potentially having an issue.

Some sites are displaying error messages, and some fail to load all together.

Gaming services have also been hit hard. DownDetector reports a spike of over 40,000 users who are having issues with the PlayStation Network, and the Steam store is also not currently functioning. DownDetector also reports issues with games like Fortnite and Call of Duty. Sony’s PSN status page acknowledged an issue shortly before we published this post: “PlayStation Network services are up and running, but there are external, internet-wide issues that might affect your experience,” the company wrote.

Pingdom’s live map shows that the issue is global.

As far as more essential services, many banks’ websites appear to be nonfunctional, and there are reports of 911 systems being down across multiple states. It is, however, unclear if the emergency services outage is related to the other web outages — the Sheriff’s Department of Grayson County, Virginia, reports that its 911 outage stems from a fiber cut.

SOURCE

Multiple websites including DraftKings, Airbnb, FedEx, Delta, Barclays and others appear to be experiencing issues.

Bloomberg

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by themonk(m): 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
I hope it is not another hack.
Re: Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by fascowilly(m): 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
T
Re: Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by YOUNGEBEN91(m): 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kilo sele?
Re: Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by money121(m): 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
Lobatn
Re: Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by INCREDIBLE007(m): 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
it could be cyber war
Re: Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by iampeterben(m): 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
It's well oh!
Re: Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by ogeenanthony(m): 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
grin
fergie001
post=103980298:

Banks, brokerages, PSN, the Steam Store, and more are down in massive internet outage

[left][/left]
SOURCE

Bloomberg
Re: Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by cbrezy(m): 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
Chaii this is because more people are getting to use smartphone to access the internet (social medias and other internet platforms) like now you can find even many parents on the internet what they use to avoid and I remembered when I was still in secondary school some of my religious neighbors will tell me and my brothers that Facebook and 2go is a demonic platform but now the said neighbors are using social media now even to market their businesses bunch of hypocrites cheesy

But what I'm trying to say is that internet traffic is getting very massive now so this would really influence the sluggishness or glitches on the internet platforms.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by Charmingrascal(m): 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
Failed regime
Everything is going wrong
Re: Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by SonyaSpence: 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
What could be wrong?

1 Like

Re: Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by Ikennadex: 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by Razzman1: 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
Aliens real aliens grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by foeedaba: 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
Buhari handwork.
Re: Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by almustapha942: 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
Banks are currently affected
Re: Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by Southeast21: 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
I suspect pantanmi and his global team. Please don't quote me, Am not feeling fine. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage by derajojosblog(f): 6:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
This is serious

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? / 10 Things You Must Have And Do Before Applying For Adsense / Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.