Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison (4805 Views)

iPhone 13 Pro Max Vs Xiaomi 12 Pro Camera Comparison (photos) / Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Unboxing, Review & Camera Comparison W/ Iphone 11 Pro(photos) / Infinix Hot 8 Unboxing, Review, Price & Camera Comparison With The S4 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by Keba619: 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by skywalker240(m): 7:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
Even the iPhone X camera is better than that crap cool

17 Likes

Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by sunshineV(f): 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2021
grin

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by KrazyDave16(m): 7:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
Warm - cold
Photography veterans, where art thou?

Also why the guy dey drag with Wände coal for who black pass @ the beginning?
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by Shuregirl: 9:10pm On Jul 22, 2021
Not a fair comparison but he made his point, you need not to spend over $1000 before you can get a phone with good camera features

7 Likes

Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by saratackit: 9:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
I no like iphone wahala even nah refurbished u dey use dem go still worry igor road...

1 Like

Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by careytommy37(m): 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
Abomination! angry

1 Like

Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by seanwilliam(m): 4:15am On Jul 23, 2021
The tecno is not looking bad
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by HONESTFACT101(m): 8:56am On Jul 23, 2021
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by Leonyluiz(m): 10:00am On Jul 23, 2021
Na MENT

1 Like

Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by hoilakes(m): 11:54am On Jul 23, 2021
4k-4k grin grin just buy phantom x and use d rest to get a mini system... u don turn blogger be dat grin grin grin
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by thepoweruser(m): 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
Keba619:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za9RvByj_SU

Howdy, Keba619. wink

May I post my judgement?
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by thepoweruser(m): 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2021
thepoweruser:

Howdy, Keba619. wink

May I post my judgement?

Okay... Here goes.

Concerning what it is coming up against; the Phantom X is quite decent. However that 50 meg'pixel; 1/1.31-inch Samsung GN1 did quite averagely here. Do realize that the sensor here is the same one used in vivo's X60 Pro+; universally acclaimed to be one of the best camera phones of the year. But you have to realize that the sensor tells not even a third of the story. The Zeiss T star-coated camera optics; the far more capable Spectra 580 ISP; and most importantly vivo's far superior computational photography software all come together to produce amazing results. Check XDA-Developers' review and see vivo destroy the Galaxy S21 Ultra in sheer low light performance without night mode.

The Phantom X is limited by the poorer optics and inferior camera image processing. (TAIVOS vs Smart HDR 3 X Deep Fusion? REALLY? grin grin) Most people would choose the Tecno for it's own look. Me? I follow Steve Litchfield of The Phones Show and AllAboutSymbian/AllAboutWindowsPhone fame. He's arguably my favourite tech journalist, thanks to his old-fashioned but arguably more sensible opinion about how phones should take photos; ie: if the sky is pale blue when you took the picture; that is exactly how it should look. NO EDGE ENHANCEMENT, NO OVERSATURATION, NO SHARPENING. GRASS SHOULD LOOK LIKE GRASS; NOT LIKE MOTTLED GREEN CARPET. (Ahem; SAMSUNG! angry angry Hey FWIW; they did reduce this in the S21 Ultra; thank Jesus.)

Now, on to the judgement: The iPhone beat the Phantom in dynamic range, exposure, shot-to-shot consistency, edge-to-edge sharpness and detail. The Phantom's ultrawide is mediocre; while on the iPhone the detail was slightly lesser but the camera's colour profiles were similar. The ultrawide is also wider on the iPhone (look at the trees). Of course, the dynamic range is superior; even with the selfies. The Phantom repeatedly blows out the sky to properly expose Keba619. The iPhone 11 series would have done this too, but the 12 improved that all around.

Video? No contest. Look, forget the 'dull' colours on the iPhone; they're more true to life. The Tecno's 1080p stabilization isn't even great. It just kicks in now and then; while the iPhone's stabilization is almost gimbal-like at 4K, even. Should we talk about microphones?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by Elxandre(m): 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2021
thepoweruser:

Okay... Here goes.

Concerning what it is coming up against; the Phantom X is quite decent. However that 50 meg'pixel; 1/1.31-inch Samsung GN1 did quite averagely here. Do realize that the sensor here is the same one used in vivo's X60 Pro+; universally acclaimed to be one of the best camera phones of the year. But you have to realize that the sensor tells not even a third of the story. The Zeiss T star-coated camera optics; the far more capable Spectra 580 ISP; and most importantly vivo's far superior computational photography software all come together to produce amazing results. Check XDA-Developers' review and see vivo destroy the Galaxy S21 Ultra in sheer low light performance without night mode.

The Phantom X is limited by the poorer optics and inferior camera image processing. (TAIVOS vs Smart HDR 3 X Deep Fusion? REALLY? grin grin) Most people would choose the Tecno for it's own look. Me? I follow Steve Litchfield of The Phones Show and AllAboutSymbian/AllAboutWindowsPhone fame. (He's arguably my favourite tech journalist, thanks to his old-fashioned but arguably more sensible opinion about how phones should take photos; ie: if the sky is pale blue when you took the picture; that is exactly how it should look.
What is Steve Litchfield's new website?
I've missed him.
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by thepoweruser(m): 3:41pm On Jul 23, 2021
Elxandre:

What is Steve Litchfield's new website?
I've missed him.

Allaboutmobile.com. He still posts to Allaboutsymbian and Allaboutwindowsphone when it applies to their respective platforms. You have to love the guy's honesty, his passion, dedication and experience and his (British wink ) wit though. He's reviewed mobile tech way before even GSMArena went into reviews. smiley I learned a ton of stuff from him. He still makes my eyes bug out in 2021.*

*Psst!: He once mentioned during a phone review about the Lumia 1020 (oh, what a legacy) being able to resize the shot of an image after it was taken because it captured both the information from that 41MP sensor and the oversampled 8MP image at the press of a shutter button; where the Snapdragon ISP would cache the raw data from the sensor in 1GB out of the 2GB of RAM in the phone. LIKE HOW DID HE KNOW THAT! shocked SOMETHING NOKIA DIDN'T EVEN REVEAL! IT GOES TO SHOW YOU THE DEPTH OF HIS MOBILE TECH EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by thepoweruser(m): 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
NOW, TO CONTINUE:

The iPhone captures wide spatial stereo audio from it's microphones. So it's not too surprising it utterly sinks the Phantom in audio quality. It also records in extended dynamic range; up to 4K 60FPS on all cameras; selfie included. You can see this from the seamless way it adjusts exposure. The iPhone also knocks it out of the park in harsh backlight, where it keeps that guy's face properly exposed; where the Phantom exhibits highlight clipping. The Tecno is more contrasty, but (to me at least) that ain't worth a damn.

Portraits? LIDAR shows the iPhone just blurring the background in an artificial way. The Tecno does even worse, blurring the guy's edges. In low light the iPhone is far less noisy and has better dynamic range. Where the Tecno did win was in the flower shot; and this is because Apple's portrait mode does not work on non-living subjects. undecided Although the depth of field effect on the Tecno is disappointing; the sensor is big enough to give great bokeh. Sigh, bad software... And I guess the laser AF isn't really that great... Look at the short range of the focus! LIDAR autofocus, however... cool

So hands down, Apple wins.

P.S.: By the way, @Keba619; you DO know your stuff. Keep it up! Gave this a thumbs-up, btw.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by Rareoil(m): 4:21pm On Jul 23, 2021
thepoweruser:
NOW, TO CONTINUE:

The iPhone captures wide spatial stereo audio from it's microphones. So it's not too surprising it utterly sinks the Phantom in audio quality. It also records in extended dynamic range; up to 4K 60FPS on all cameras; selfie included. You can see this from the seamless way it adjusts exposure. The iPhone also knocks it out of the park in harsh backlight, where it keeps that guy's face properly exposed; where the Phantom exhibits highlight clipping. The Tecno is more contrasty, but (to me at least) that ain't worth a damn.

Portraits? LIDAR shows the iPhone just blurring the background in an artificial way. The Tecno does even worse, blurring the guy's edges. In low light the iPhone is far less noisy and has better dynamic range. Where the Tecno did win was in the flower shot; and this is because Apple's portrait mode does not work on non-living subjects. undecided Although the depth of field effect on the Tecno is disappointing; the sensor is big enough to give great bokeh. Sigh, bad software... And I guess the laser AF isn't really that great... Look at the short range of the focus! LIDAR autofocus, however... cool

So hands down, Apple wins.

P.S.: By the way, @Keba619; you DO know your stuff. Keep it up! Gave this a thumbs-up, btw.

Legend!!!
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by EdoFirstBorn(m): 5:14pm On Jul 23, 2021
Keba619:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za9RvByj_SU

What sort of stupid useless comparison is this?

How can you compare class and trash?

How can you compare diamond and stones ?

No single Tecno, infinix or itel can ever be compared to Xaomi or Huawei talkless of iPhone..

Are you not afraid of bein struck by lightening?

3 Likes

Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by Theanyanwu: 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
The Phantom X stood its ground despite the efficiency of iPhones in the camera department. Tecno still try abeg
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by Theanyanwu: 8:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:

No single Tecno, infinix or itel can ever be compared to Xaomi or Huawei talkless of iPhone..

did you watch the video via the link? Forget emotions first
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by Yyvonne: 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:

he stated the reason behind the comparison
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by bennyefosa19: 9:58am On Jul 24, 2021
hard for a phone to compete with apple but I feel the tecno phantom X does well. i'd say its a really nice design by Tecno, plus a good internal setup by mediatek.
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by harryodilli19(m): 9:59am On Jul 24, 2021
A cool design and a decent set of internal specs is what the Tecno Phantom X promises. Love the mediatek platform and the camera setup of this phone. smiley
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by akingbadeomoseb: 11:06am On Jul 24, 2021
The Phantom X is first and foremost a camera-centric smartphone and the elaborate setup is the sole focus of the device it is a very competent phone for the price. It also has a powerful Helio chipset that will be great for gaming purpose
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by skywalker240(m): 11:14am On Jul 24, 2021
akingbadeomoseb:
The Phantom X is first and foremost a camera-centric smartphone and the elaborate setup is the sole focus of the device it is a very competent phone for the price. It also has a powerful Helio chipset that will be great for gaming purpose
Not the best camera centric but the one of the most expensive camera centric?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by Mohbola(f): 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2021
This comparison though
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by Mohbola(f): 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:

LOL calm down first watch the video
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by Rubiesangel: 11:48am On Jul 26, 2021
So many of us don't buy phones for the right reasons. We buy phones because it trendy or the latest. Personally, I buy phones because they meet my pressing phone needs of better camera, more storage, good battery life, great processor, etc. I would go with the Phantom X
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by Kakadancefreak(f): 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2021
Weda na iPhone 20, mbanu!

Thanks for trying but I choose Phantom X over and over again.

Na my money and besides I love the specs.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by Fonjewel0(f): 12:01pm On Jul 29, 2021
Welcome to the club of billionaires abeg.

IPhone wey people no dey too gbadu.

I once had an iPhone, after I had all the wahala, I didn't need anyone to warn me.

I called myself to order by just sticking to one brand.

And can easily get spare parts when I need at good price

Kakadancefreak:
Weda na iPhone 20, mbanu!

Thanks for trying but I choose Phantom X over and over again.

Na my money and besides I love the specs.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 29, 2021
Re: Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison by Flamees(m): 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2021
skywalker240:

Not the best camera centric but the one of the most expensive camera centric?
Not most expensive but ultra over priced

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Hide Your Number On Android? / Lost My SIM Pack. Wrong Password. Recovering PUK Number. / Plz, Hw Do I Reduce Mb Consumption In My Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.