Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,751 members, 7,844,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Education Advice Need, Help In Making The Best Decision - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education Advice Need, Help In Making The Best Decision (221 Views)

What Education Advice Will You Need / Should I Get A Job To Further My Education. Advice Pleae / Advice Need Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Education Advice Need, Help In Making The Best Decision by OscarChisom(m): 12:42am On Jul 23, 2021
Hello, I have a perplexing question that I've been thinking about and would need help from you folks that have had the experience. I'm an o'level student, left secondary school 6years ago and have not had chance to go to school due to finance. Now I want to enroll for part time next year, so I'm contemplating between NOUN or running a part-time in Yabatech, I want to go for computer Science, and I can't go fulltime cos I'm self sponsored and would need to be working while I study. I'm in Lagos

My issue is this, I come from a quite a primitive setting and it has affected the way I see and think about things. E.g, I can hardly put correct English words together verbally, and I'm very much intimidated in the presence of educated people. This I want to change. And It would have been better if I go to a 'normal' full time school so as to really get 'educated and civilised, and change my overall way of thinking, speaking and doing things. This I believe will come from regular and steady mingling and coming in contact with refined, educated individuals, and regularly being in a scholarly environment.

If I run a part-time program or do self study through National Open University, I might not be able to achieve this. And it's one of the major reason I want to get educated. Please any way I can get through this? Or any words you might have for me, I'd appreciate your thoughts and advice.
Re: Education Advice Need, Help In Making The Best Decision by Newusername(m): 7:58am On Jul 23, 2021
You can achieve it dear, whether part-time or full time. You just have to be intentional with what you do and who you mingle with. If you really desire a change in your life then you won't let your background put your back to the ground.

Some useful tips you use to improve your English speaking skills and vocab includes:
1. Listen to news and if you are the type that watches movies( British) learn how they speak and they used their words.

2. Learn at least 10 news words everyday, know that meaning of the words, the usage and the antonyms and synonyms of such words.

3. Communicate in English, when you chat writing in full what you typed.

4. Any words you come across that looks new to you in the course of reading, write out the words and look up for the meaning of such words making use of a dictionary (oxford e.t.c)

5. Read, read and read.

3 Likes

Re: Education Advice Need, Help In Making The Best Decision by OscarChisom(m): 10:40am On Jul 23, 2021
Thank you. I appreciate your reply, I'll put those in practise. Will also work on my low attention span. Can't read much these days

1 Like

Re: Education Advice Need, Help In Making The Best Decision by yunqdady: 8:23am On Aug 01, 2021
You write well. I don't think you have a problem. Just change your mindset. No need to feel intimidated.

(1) (Reply)

UI, UNN, UNILORIN Best ‘scientific’ Universities In Nigeria: Report / Impact Of Customer Relationship Management On Small Retail Stores / We’re Ready For Rigours Of Law Practice — New Female Wigs (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.