Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,441 members, 7,846,806 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:56 AM

Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting (1080 Views)

Is 10 Million Naira Enough To Leave Nigeria? (japa Plans) / Pls Which Country Can I Travel To With ₦1.5 Million To Hustle? / I Finally Stepped Out Of The House After Two More Months Of Quarantine (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by jasbur: 6:00am On Jul 23, 2021
Hey, I've posted here before about coming to Nigeria. I want to stay for around two months to get a good feel for all of the country, particularly the north.

Will 1.5 million Naira - about 3.5k USD - be enough for two months?

I absolutely do not need luxury and will try and stay with locals, eat Street food and travel by local transport.

Let me know!
Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by Hezzyluv: 6:05am On Jul 23, 2021
jasbur:
Hey, I've posted here before about coming to Nigeria. I want to stay for around two months to get a good feel for all of the country, particularly the north.

I absolutely do not need luxury and will try and stay with locals, eat Street food and travel by local transport.

Let me know!

The cost of living is relatively cheap in the north compare to any other part of the country. Since u said you don't need luxury, 1.5m is more then enough. You'll even have plenty change self.
Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by Babaken(m): 6:07am On Jul 23, 2021
It can if only you stay away from Cubana clubs and hotels plus other luxury life styles.

1 Like

Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by Juliusmomoh: 6:16am On Jul 23, 2021
A
Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by Oxb90: 6:39am On Jul 23, 2021
Yes especially if you limit your stay to the north
Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by Obagreatdatoye(m): 7:07am On Jul 23, 2021
If you will not be staying in the likes of Eko hotel, radisson blu hotels.....its fine. The money will be enough...

Just a week and half in eko hotel or transcorp hilton hotel...all the money will be gone...
Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by zeuss: 7:24am On Jul 23, 2021
apply caution in exploring the north.....this is not the best of times....born northerners are cursing their fortunes these days.....1.5m will not be enough to meet the prevailing ransom demand trend...it is serious

2 Likes

Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 23, 2021
Hezzyluv:

The cost of living is relatively cheap in the north compare to any other part of the country. Since u said you don't need luxury, 1.5m is more then enough. You'll even have plenty change self.

Of all places, u recommend north? With all these things happening there?
Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by Danielomisco(m): 7:58am On Jul 23, 2021
Yes it will,Come to Jos Plateau State .
Its the north central region connecting all other states and I live there.We can pivot from there.I have friends in almost all the northern States we can stay wit for days and be introduced to their culture properly.
Mail me danlamigarba366@gmail.com
Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by Hezzyluv: 9:34am On Jul 23, 2021
gimakon:

Of all places, u recommend north? With all these things happening there?

It depends on which north, I have friends in maiduguri and adamawa capitals respectively, for the past eight years some even said gun shot dem never hear sef. And I dey niger state for the past 18years, nothing as well
Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 23, 2021
Hezzyluv:

It depends on which north, I have friends in maiduguri and adamawa capitals respectively, for the past eight years some even said gun shoot dem never hear sef. And I dey niger state for the past 18years, nothing as well

Hian. You get mind na, That would be the last place I will visit. With this salafist thinking they have
Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by Hezzyluv: 10:44am On Jul 23, 2021
gimakon:

Hian. You get mind na, That would be the last place I will visit. With this salafist thinking they have

grin grin grin grin grin na God hand we dey
Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by Bigbeard(m): 11:12am On Jul 23, 2021
If you are to visit the North, avoid the North eastern part including Maiduguri.
You stand a risk of being kidnapped or killed within the region.

Other parts is relatively safe.
Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by BlackSan: 11:51am On Jul 23, 2021
jasbur:

Let me know!

No!!
It won't be enough! Even though the lost of living in the North is low, you can't rule out the fact that the cost of commodities is high/expensive

Since you intend to explore Nigeria, especially the North, you need to calculate the cost of accomodation, feeding and other necessities.

Just hold enough money to avoid looking for a job. Are you only exploring the North?
Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by Limassol(m): 11:59am On Jul 23, 2021
gimakon:

Do you know that alots of christians have been residing in the north for decades and literally have no intention of living? Do you also know that majority of northerners abhor these salafist same as you do? It's complicated bro, you'll never understand if you've never been there.
Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by Limassol(m): 12:06pm On Jul 23, 2021
It's okay if you are not after luxury. That said, avoid rural and undeveloped parts of every state(they are mostly a haven for all sorts of criminals:bandits, kidnappers, cattle rustlers etc). Avoid travelling from one state to the other by road; most of the highways are a death trap. By the way, where are you coming from?
Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by ednut1(m): 2:32pm On Jul 23, 2021
Hold 50m for ransom
Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by jasbur: 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2021
Danielomisco:
Yes it will,Come to Jos Plateau State .
Its the north central region connecting all other states and I live there.We can pivot from there.I have friends in almost all the northern States we can stay wit for days and be introduced to their culture properly.
Mail me danlamigarba366@gmail.com

Thank you my friend I will contact you

1 Like

Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by jasbur: 8:24pm On Jul 23, 2021
Limassol:
It's okay if you are not after luxury. That said, avoid rural and undeveloped parts of every state(they are mostly a haven for all sorts of criminals:bandits, kidnappers, cattle rustlers etc). Avoid travelling from one state to the other by road; most of the highways are a death trap. By the way, where are you coming from?

From Australia my friend hahahaha
Re: Is 1.5 Million Naira Enough For 2 Months Of Visiting by Limassol(m): 8:29pm On Jul 23, 2021
jasbur:

From Australia my friend hahahaha
my dream country, but for now it appears to be out of my reach.

(1) (Reply)

DOLLARS - NAIRA EXCHANGE: See Current Prices Of Toyota Range Of Cars In Naira / Is This Possible? / I Need Answer. Invitation From Holland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.