Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,902 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:27 PM

Why Am I Unable To Install This App? Help! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Am I Unable To Install This App? Help! (591 Views)

Install This Spy App Before Leaving Your Android Phone / Nigerian Develops An App Help Stop Police Brutality #endsars / New Google Datally App Help You Save Data, Track Wifi And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Am I Unable To Install This App? Help! by Tsfari: 2:39am On Jul 24, 2021
Good morning pals ..so a friend of mine sent me an Apk file for an App that I need on my phone but I have really had difficulties installing it. I get the response of App not installed. I have granted access to apps from unknown source and even cleared some space were it to be a function of lack of space yet nothing...Who knows what I'm not doing right please?

Re: Why Am I Unable To Install This App? Help! by 3verblazing(m): 3:23am On Jul 24, 2021
Be sure the apk file is compatible with ur Android device ... some apk only work with recent version of OS.
Do a Software update... especially if u are using a Samsung device...

U can Also disable the Google play protect feature on Google play store ..temporarily. (Scan Apps)

Hope it helps ..good luck
Re: Why Am I Unable To Install This App? Help! by Dixon06(m): 4:34am On Jul 24, 2021
The app did no stage properly due to some missing fragments or incomplete transfer.
Try telling your friend to retransfer the app properly. I recommend Xshare Lite or Xender! wink

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Unable To Install This App? Help! by ForestHill: 5:25am On Jul 24, 2021
Tsfari:
Good morning pals ..so a friend of mine sent me an Apk file for an App that I need on my phone but I have really had difficulties installing it. I get the response of App not installed. I have granted access to apps from unknown source and even cleared some space were it to be a function of lack of space yet nothing...Who knows what I'm not doing right please?
Make sure you have enough memory space
Re: Why Am I Unable To Install This App? Help! by DesChyko: 7:42am On Jul 24, 2021
In addition to all said above, this could happen if you're trying to upgrade a system app or an open app.
Re: Why Am I Unable To Install This App? Help! by Jemerson: 7:54am On Jul 24, 2021
Tsfari:

Some apps won't install outside playstore. Or if the app is already installed, delete the existing one before trying this one

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Unable To Install This App? Help! by Tsfari: 8:12am On Jul 24, 2021
3verblazing:
Be sure the apk file is compatible with ur Android device ... some apk only work with recent version of OS.
Do a Software update... especially if u are using a Samsung device...

U can Also disable the Google play protect feature on Google play store ..temporarily. (Scan Apps)

Hope it helps ..good luck

Tried disabling the Google play protect feature and it still didn't work. Might still try the upgrade advice
Re: Why Am I Unable To Install This App? Help! by Tsfari: 8:30am On Jul 24, 2021
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I have factored them in

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of A Phone / Samsung Launches Galaxy A13 5G In The US / How To Migrate To Glo Yakata Tariff Plan | Glo Yakata Migration Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.