Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,189 members, 7,845,901 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Please Urgent Advice Needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Urgent Advice Needed (215 Views)

Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer / Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently / Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Urgent Advice Needed by Rtk5: 10:27am On Jul 24, 2021
I.
Re: Please Urgent Advice Needed by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:21pm On Jul 24, 2021
Rtk5:
I work in a private firm and earning #25,000 monthy. I went for an interview in another organization last month and to God be the glory I was called on Thursday and given an appointment letter with an offer of #40,000 Monthly salary, in fact i am expected to resume on Monday. I tendered a letter of resignation yesterday Friday but my CEO refused to accept it because according to him i didn't state the reason for my resignation, then i re-wrote the letter and stated that I'm resigning in order to take care of some serious family problems and for the second time he refused to accept the letter saying I should go and think about it but I insisted that my mind was already made up. He then said i must give one month notice before resigning. But I wasn't given any appointment letter or any document to sign. when employed. Please what should I do? One of my anger with him is that he talk to his staff anyhow he likes for inconsequential things, he lacks regards for people. He pays salary whenever he likes sometimes 15th of another month and I have a wife and 2 children. In fact there was a time he travelled to London and left for 2months without salary. I do the work of 3 people because they got a better job and left (PA, manager & secretary) without any salary increase or form of compensation and that made him lazy to employ additional 2 people and the worst part is that he doesn't appreciate anything. This is a firm that earns a profit of at least #1,000,000 every month with a staff strength of just 10persons whose salary is not up to #15,000 monthly. I am the highest paid with #25,000.

If there was no appointment letter stating the requirements for resignation, bros, just drop your letter and move. Let him do his worst.
State clearly in the letter that you've handed all company's property in your care over to whoever that's in charge or that you do not have any company's property in your possession.
I know how Nigerian bosses behave. He will eventually report to the police that you ran away with some of his company's property.
Take necessary precautions against that now.
Even if he wins you at the end, the penalty will be payment of 1 month salary in lieu of 1month notice of resignation.
Finally, never allow him know where you're going.

(1) (Reply)

Female Roommate Needed / Access Bank Wpowerloan Application / Application For The Global Youth Mobilization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.