Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. (1939 Views)

I Built A Lpg Gas Station Sales Software Script With Php. / What Are The Apps Built With React Native? / [Tutorial Post] How To Integrate Paystack Payment System With PHP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by Karleb(m): 9:22pm On Jul 24, 2021
Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 24, 2021
Karleb:
Have a nice day.
I'm waiting for the programming oversabis to come and tell us HTML and PHP are scripting languages... Na their regular anthem grin

1 Like

Re: A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by Karleb(m): 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2021
Afriqan:

I'm waiting for the programming oversabis to come and tell us HTML and PHP are scripting languages... Na their regular anthem grin

I will just direct them to BBN. Abeg is killin it abeg!

Last time I checked, it was built with HTML and PHP amongst other technologies.

Remote.io is also a PHP application.

PHP can be used to build "enterprise" applications.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by qtguru(m): 6:32pm On Jul 25, 2021
Karleb:

I will just direct them to BBN. Abeg is killin it abeg!

Last time I checked, it was built with HTML and PHP amongst other technologies.

Remote.io is also a PHP application.

PHP can be used to build "enterprise" applications.

Yeah remote.io it's even a single php file sef

1 Like

Re: A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by Karleb(m): 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2021
Omo! Abeg dey make sense o. cheesy

I like the straight to the pointness of it. I hope they won't add unnecessary features in the future though.

If you want to test run the app, you can send something to @karleb.
Re: A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by talk2hb1(m): 9:32pm On Jul 26, 2021
...FIRS taxpromax was built with PHP... undecided
Re: A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by LikeAking: 10:50pm On Jul 26, 2021
I am not a pro.

But I guess all languages are great.
Re: A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by GeneralDae: 10:47am On Jul 27, 2021
LikeAking:
I am not a pro.

But I guess all languages are great.
All languages are great. In the world of software development, I believe it depends more on the builder than the tool used. If you know a language very well and can write clean/ less buggy code with that language, you would create something better than using a language you know less about, no matter how great the second language is.

1 Like

Re: A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:19pm On Jul 27, 2021
Karleb:
Have a nice day.
One bottle of stout for you
Re: A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by bularuz(m): 7:32am On Jul 29, 2021
Karleb:
Have a nice day.
Are you talking about the website or the Mobile app
Re: A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by Karleb(m): 8:55am On Jul 29, 2021
bularuz:

Are you talking about the website or the Mobile app

Obviously, the mobile app can't be built with PHP.

1 Like

Re: A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by bularuz(m): 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2021
Karleb:

Obviously, the mobile app can't be built with PHP.
Obviously, what then is the issue with building a website with PHP?

1 Like

Re: A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by Karleb(m): 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2021
bularuz:

Obviously, what then is the issue with building a website with PHP?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Re: A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by chimpanzee4: 7:52pm On Jul 29, 2021
Very useless people and foolish people in this section.

Untill you realize the technology an app was built with has nothing to do with the success or failure of the app but the marketing and how the audience embrace it.

Take Nairaland for example.

The ugliest Forum in Africa but yet still the most successful.

Foolish wannabe programmers

4 Likes

Re: A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by GeneralDae: 9:21pm On Jul 29, 2021
chimpanzee4:
Very useless people and foolish people in this section.

Untill you realize the technology an app was built with has nothing to do with the success or failure of the app but the marketing and how the audience embrace it.

Take Nairaland for example.

The ugliest Forum in Africa but yet still the most successful.

Foolish wannabe programmers
Nairaland may be ugly on the frontend but the backend is great and maybe that's why it's still successful, coupled with the fact that it's one of the oldest Nigerian forums.
The language or tools used for the backend of nairaland is critical to its' efficiency/fast loading time.

1 Like

Re: A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by Deicide: 11:58am On Jul 31, 2021
GeneralDae:

Nairaland may be ugly on the frontend but the backend is great and maybe that's why it's still successful, coupled with the fact that it's one of the oldest Nigerian forums.
The language or tools used for the backend of nairaland is critical to its' efficiency/fast loading time.
What ugly in the front, me personally I like how simple it is

1 Like

Re: A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. by Missionaire: 9:10am On Aug 03, 2021
NOUN website too.

(1) (Reply)

Connecting To A Mysql Database Using Php / How To Create Android App Like Instagram,twitter,2nd Steap In This Tutorial!! / I "Tried" To Clone This Website From Scratch With HTML /CSS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.