Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,006 members, 7,838,524 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed (1540 Views)

I Am Dying, Please I Need Your Candid Advice / A Friend Of Mine Is Feeling Depressed Thinking About Life / Please Help With Your Candid Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Absquare20(m): 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2021
I will be 30 next year but look 20 or 22 in stature. Am skinny light and no beads but average height.

I completed my NYSC service last year June came to Abuja January to stay with my uncle whom I believed is well connected in some areas.
I have gone to several interview but at the end it will end up to be job of 30k or 25k which doesn't cover up my transport fare. If I even tell my uncle he will tell me to ignore them.

I got tired of the whole job haunting stuff and interview. Instead of staying idle I used my savings to enrol for web development class (HTML CSS Bootstrap WordPress PHP and My SQL).. Which I completed last week.

Now my problem is this.. I have been worrying,
My plans are falling, I don't want to be depending on anybody, I need to have my own accommodation and cater for my needs myself. So I have been thinking of any state that I can go without the aid of anyone to start life even if it means doing sales boy before I get myself back on track or if there is any company in Abuja that has an IT firm looking for intern...lest I forget I am a graduate of Mass Communication..

3 Likes

Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2021
Visit Ventures park in Abuja you might get lucky and find something.

1 Like

Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Ynix(m): 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2021
Absquare20:
I will be 30 next year but look 20 or 22 in stature. Am skinny light and no beads but average height.

I completed my NYSC service last year June came to Abuja January to stay with my uncle whom I believed is well connected in some areas.
I have gone to several interview but at the end it will end up to be job of 30k or 25k which doesn't cover up my transport fare. If I even tell my uncle he will tell me to ignore them.

I got tired of the whole job haunting stuff and interview. Instead of staying idle I used my savings to enrol for web development class (HTML CSS Bootstrap WordPress PHP and My SQL).. Which I completed last week.

My plans are falling, I don't want to be depending on anybody, I need to have my own accommodation and cater for my needs myself. So I have been thinking of any state that I can go without the aid of anyone to start life even if it means doing sales boy before I get myself back on track or if there is any company in Abuja that has an IT firm looking for intern...lest I forget I am a graduate of Mass Communication..

Bro go for the 30 to 35k job, forget about your connected uncle for now, we are in Buhari time. What I will tell you is change your job every year. Learn a side skill that can pay you another 10 to 20k monthly then scale up.
The good thing about jobs is that they are doors that can open you up to other opportunities.
The most important question is do you have an exit strategy in all of your endeavors?

2 Likes

Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 2:59pm On Jul 28, 2021
Perhaps you focus too unnecessarily on your appearance?

1 Like

Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Xscape1993(m): 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2021
Absquare20:

Start from little and arrive big.
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Ernerstdavid55(m): 7:51pm On Jul 28, 2021
Baba leave abuja come lagos..u go make am i swear..u smart i thing so.tell u uncle to boro u 250k come start biz for lekki or ibeju i swea u go blow within a year

3 Likes

Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by mercidove: 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2021
What type of business are we talking about here, bro. I am in lagos, and I have been brainstorming on what type of business to start that will fetch me good return at the end of the month...
I will be glad if you can put ne through...
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Absquare20(m): 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2021
what type of business can I start in such place with 250 and accommodation palaver is still there oo....
anyway can you pls expantiate
Ernerstdavid55:
Baba leave abuja come lagos..u go make am i swear..u smart i thing so.tell u uncle to boro u 250k come start biz for lekki or ibeju i swea u go blow within a year
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Absquare20(m): 11:50pm On Jul 28, 2021
Thanks, my thought, thats y am thinking of leaving Abuja
Xscape1993:
Start from little and arrive big.
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by imgcasted(m): 1:27am On Jul 29, 2021
Absquare20:
Thanks, my thought, thats y am thinking of leaving Abuja

You have programming knowledge,(I want to learn web development also) I will advise you start small with an IT company there in Abuja since you got the skills. Nowhere is guaranteed, I am in lagos and my friend is even telling me to come to Abuja because my plans crashed. (Still thinking about it though,if I don’t get something tangible by the end of the month , I will move and try out new place)
I can repair phones very well…
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by evioke(m): 1:34am On Jul 29, 2021
Absquare20:

If you are good in the aforementioned soft skills Dm me you can make 200k a month i have a lot of contract on WordPress

2 Likes

Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Skillsnigeria: 1:48am On Jul 29, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Ernerstdavid55(m): 8:23am On Jul 29, 2021
Absquare20:
what type of business can I start in such place with 250 and accommodation palaver is still there oo....
anyway can you pls expantiate
rent shop for road sid 10k per mnth.the sleep for shop for the main time as u raise profit .nd also is good so u protect ur goods as a newbie.go to alaba buy goods nd come to ibeju lekki nd sale..if u interested we can do it together if u can trust me..i swear lekki.dre is big money in lekki
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Ernerstdavid55(m): 8:26am On Jul 29, 2021
And also i will tell u wat we will be saleing also if ur interested hit me up
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Absquare20(m): 9:51am On Jul 29, 2021
Thank you sir, this is my number 08100592823

evioke:

If you are good in the aforementioned soft skills Dm me you can make 200k a month i have a lot of contract on WordPress
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Juicy24(f): 11:29am On Jul 29, 2021
My first job when I came to Abuja newly was 25k salary. Though I was staying with my bro. From there I got a job of 30k. My last job was 40k before i resigned. From the 40k i was able to save 15k monthly. 10k for transport. 10k for feeding. 5k for data and airtime. The 15k i saved monthly, 10k was for my accommodation, I was able to get a selfcon of 100k. The other 5k i saved monthly was used to start up cloth business online. Though it crashed cos i was selling on credit and the money didn't come well. I am telling you this to encourage you to start from somewhere. You are a man, don't always follow your uncle's mouth. People earn 20k-25k in Abuja and are still surviving. There is a place for everyone here in Abuja that's why people still keep coming in. It's only if you come and just want to make it big that is when you fall in depression

2 Likes

Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Absquare20(m): 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2021
Thank you I feel encouraged
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by evioke(m): 7:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
Absquare20:
Check your email
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Rubbiish(m): 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2021
Juicy24:
My first job when I came to Abuja newly was 25k salary. Though I was staying with my bro. From there I got a job of 30k. My last job was 40k before i resigned. From the 40k i was able to save 15k monthly. 10k for transport. 10k for feeding. 5k for data and airtime. The 15k i saved monthly, 10k was for my accommodation, I was able to get a selfcon of 100k. The other 5k i saved monthly was used to start up cloth business online. Though it crashed cos i was selling on credit and the money didn't come well. I am telling you this to encourage you to start from somewhere. You are a man, don't always follow your uncle's mouth. People earn 20k-25k in Abuja and are still surviving. There is a place for everyone here in Abuja that's why people still keep coming in. It's only if you come and just want to make it big that is when you fall in depression
U feed with 10k for a month?

The bad thing about these 25k job is the location. If it is a job located close to op, where he easily take a walk or at most 50 to 100 naira tp, then it is manageable, but if it is something that will require higher tp, then it is not worth it. U will only be spending your salary on tp & working for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Rubbiish(m): 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2021
Absquare20:
Why don't u want to go back to your place? Where u grew up. It mustn't be Lagos or Abuja. Those two places are overrated, they are empty. If u no get connection, it is better u remain in your place and set up something & start growing it. This is what I normally tell people, but they will think u don't want them to come to city. This city wey we dey na suffer, u can't even plan. Everything is just expensive & money no even dey the town. Small land for inside inside gwarinpa they will be calling 12m. I wouldn't advice anyone to start life in abuja o, unless u have someone, like a relative or friend willing to support u.
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 29, 2021
Bro the depression is really real, I won’t lie I’m taking part in it too same Abuja, I learnt photography saved up money to buy equipments and camera, I ended up selling them cause I wasent getting clients and the gadgets where wasting took an advice from my friend to invest in btc which I did with the money nah that time crypto know say e go crash turn to nonsense, with hope in my heart I kept on pushing learnt programming web dev html css (tailwind) JavaScript, now it’s as if it’s as I learnt it that all the jobs finished I haven’t gotten reasonable offer for a job always nonsense, freelancing is a no go area, Indians have taken over up work and Fiverr making it hard for other people cause they render the same service if not better at the cheapest rate, which is unfathomable as I am like this I’m staying with my parents taking the small small insults being thrown here and there, secretly praying to god and crying myself to sleep that everything will get better ❤️‍� it’s not fucking easy man, THE DEPRESSION IS REAL

5 Likes

Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2021
DCYP:
Bro the depression is really real, I won’t lie I’m taking part in it too same Abuja, I learnt photography saved up money to buy equipments and camera, I ended up selling them cause I wasent getting clients and the gadgets where wasting took an advice from my friend to invest in btc which I did with the money nah that time crypto know say e go crash turn to nonsense, with hope in my heart I kept on pushing learnt programming web dev html css (tailwind) JavaScript, now it’s as if it’s as I learnt it that all the jobs finished I haven’t gotten reasonable offer for a job always nonsense, freelancing is a no go area, Indians have taken over up work and Fiverr making it hard for other people cause they render the same service if not better at the cheapest rate, which is unfathomable as I am like this I’m staying with my parents taking the small small insults being thrown here and there, secretly praying to god and crying myself to sleep that everything will get better ❤️‍� it’s not fucking easy man, THE DEPRESSION IS REAL
Also I’m thinking of leaving my parents house now in Abuja and going to owerri to stay in our village house alone so I could focus on myself and my goals and stop being insulted but owerri dosent have enough job opportunities for web developers
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by evioke(m): 11:38pm On Jul 29, 2021
DCYP:
Bro try and get in contact with me we might work things out Nigeria entirely is draining our ability, we go scale through last last.
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Heineken(m): 6:09am On Jul 30, 2021
DCYP:
same shoe.. It's not easy.
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 30, 2021
evioke:

Bro try and get in contact with me we might work things out Nigeria entirely is draining our ability, we go scale through last last.
alright right now I just need like minded people so we could pull through this together here’s my number 0 8 0 7 1 2 3 4 2 4 0
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by xxxXXXxxx: 9:47am On Jul 30, 2021
Guy, shake off that state of mind and you'd be fine. fortunately, you have trained as a web developer; and you should be able to build projects with that skill by now. Build some mini to major projects, and have them in your portfolio on your CV and apply for remote jobs; you could soon be earning reasonable Forex in $. You could as well apply for jobs within the country. Good luck!
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by Absquare20(m): 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2021
Man, I understand is not really easy..

[ author=DCYP post=104232085]Bro the depression is really real, I won’t lie I’m taking part in it too same Abuja, I learnt photography saved up money to buy equipments and camera, I ended up selling them cause I qqq getting clients and the gadgets where wasting took an advice from my friend to invest in btc which I did with the money nah that time crypto know say e go crash turn to nonsense, with hope in my heart I kept on pushing learnt programming web dev html css (tailwind) JavaScript, now it’s as if it’s as I learnt it that all the jobs finished I haven’t gotten reasonable offer for a job always nonsense, freelancing is a no go area, Indians have taken over up work and Fiverr making it hard for other people cause they render the same service if not better at the cheapest rate, which is unfathomable as I am like this I’m staying with my parents taking the small small insults being thrown here and there, secretly praying to god and crying myself to sleep that everything will get better ❤️‍� it’s not fucking easy man, THE DEPRESSION IS REAL [/quote]
Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by joyousever(f): 8:18am On Jul 31, 2021
Be very careful with some online people here. Some are scammers who are only interested in scamming you of your money in the guise of let's collaborate in business.
Absquare20:
Thank you sir, this is my number 08100592823

Re: Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed by evioke(m): 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2021
joyousever:
Be very careful with some online people here. Some are scammers who are only interested in scamming you of your money in the guise of let's collaborate in business.
Thanks for sharing your thought on what Nigeria situation has turned into, making everyone looks like a scammer, which you are not far from the truth. My aim is to render any help to him.

(1) (Reply)

Live-in Sales Girl Needed In Ajah, 20k/month / Post Graduate Studies / Chi Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.