Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,493 members, 7,836,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Help Me Calculate The Value Of My Shares With Fidelity Bank Please! - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Help Me Calculate The Value Of My Shares With Fidelity Bank Please! (1064 Views)

How To Sell My Shares With Or Without A Brooker / How Do I Buy Shares With Little Cash From Top Firms Please / HOW CAN I SELL MY SHARES STILL IN CERTIFICATE? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Calculate The Value Of My Shares With Fidelity Bank Please! by IamNumeroUno: 9:12am On Jul 30, 2021
Those who are very conversant with the Nigerian Stock Exchange, please help me out here.

I bought about 500 units of Fidelity Bank's shares at N3.50 as far back as 2007 (A friend of mine convinced me to use my JAMB fee at the time to invest, that I would become a millionaire in no distant time, Lol).
I have totally forgotten about the shares since the stock exchange market "collapsed".

I am just curious now, what is the actual value of the shares now, considering that Fidelity Bank's shares are at N2.41 as of 29/7/2021?

Is there any dividend that may have accrued to me? I changed address since about 9 years ago. They used to send cheques of N40 and thereabouts to my former place of residence. What happens to those cheques if not claimed?
Re: Help Me Calculate The Value Of My Shares With Fidelity Bank Please! by nicho450(m): 9:15am On Jul 30, 2021
Someone pls help him

1 Like

Re: Help Me Calculate The Value Of My Shares With Fidelity Bank Please! by IamNumeroUno: 9:18am On Jul 30, 2021
nicho450:
Someone pls help him

Thank you!
Re: Help Me Calculate The Value Of My Shares With Fidelity Bank Please! by Tobinrobin(m): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2021
The best people to give you this answer still remains the broker. They can’t lie to you about how much your stocks are worth presently. They MUST have the record. You’ve a Central Securities Clearing System (CSCS) don’t you?
Re: Help Me Calculate The Value Of My Shares With Fidelity Bank Please! by IamNumeroUno: 10:55am On Jul 30, 2021
Tobinrobin:
The best people to give you this answer still remains the broker. They can’t lie to you about how much your stocks are worth presently. They MUST have the record. You’ve a Central Securities Clearing System (CSCS) don’t you?

Yes, I have the certificate. But I am a total novice in these affairs.
I just want to have an estimated value to see if I should just forget about everything.
Re: Help Me Calculate The Value Of My Shares With Fidelity Bank Please! by jabolo(m): 11:44am On Jul 30, 2021
IamNumeroUno:

Yes, I have the certificate. But I am a total novice in these affairs.
I just want to have an estimated value to see if I should just forget about everything.

There does not appear to have been any stock splits since you bought them so you should assume the 500 shares as being your current shareholding. Although, a broker might tell you if you have missed out on any bonus shares issued during the period.

Current price is N2.40 so your shareholding is worth N1,200.

You have rights to unclaimed dividends in those years (including when you did not cash the cheques) , see this page ... https://www.fidelitybank.ng/investor-relations/dividend-history/

Those figures are kobo/share so not worth a lot in total I'm afraid.

Your choice but, IMO, best to just leave it and ride along - a miracle might happen (profit windfall, takeover etc) to bump up the price massively ...

... update your registration for the dividends and enjoy a packet of pure water on the bank each year.
Re: Help Me Calculate The Value Of My Shares With Fidelity Bank Please! by Snitch24(m): 12:55pm On Jul 30, 2021
2567naira
Exactly
Re: Help Me Calculate The Value Of My Shares With Fidelity Bank Please! by IamNumeroUno: 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2021
jabolo:

There does not appear to have been any stock splits since you bought them so you should assume the 500 shares as being your current shareholding. Although, a broker might tell you if you have missed out on any bonus shares issued during the period.

Current price is N2.40 so your shareholding is worth N1,200.

You have rights to unclaimed dividends in those years (including when you did not cash the cheques) , see this page ... https://www.fidelitybank.ng/investor-relations/dividend-history/

Those figures are kobo/share so not worth a lot in total I'm afraid.

Your choice but, IMO, best to just leave it and ride along - a miracle might happen (profit windfall, takeover etc) to bump up the price massively ...

... update your registration for the dividends and enjoy a packet of pure water on the bank each year.

Thank you very much. I will forget it for another 10 years.
Re: Help Me Calculate The Value Of My Shares With Fidelity Bank Please! by IamNumeroUno: 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2021
Snitch24:
2567naira
Exactly

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Free Airdrops On Trust Wallet 2022 / Beware Of TickmillTrading.com. They're Scammers!! / Fully Loaded And Equiped Unisex Hair Salon For Sale, Call 07065516856 @ Ajah In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.