Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,189 members, 7,860,261 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:33 AM

I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. (636 Views)

What Are The Benefits Of Drinking Alcohol? / 700 People Die In Iran After Drinking Alcohol To Cure Coronavirus / WHO: Drinking Alcohol Does Not Cure Coronavirus, It Increases Health Risks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by promiseland245(m): 7:42am On Aug 01, 2021
No need for long epistles, the summary of the issue is I stopped drinking Alcohol entirely and focused on drinking only water. It's been about 3months now.
However, I noticed I have gained weight. Normally I weigh 88kg but last I checked it's 91kg.

Is this a norm when someone quits alcohol?
Re: I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by zeuss: 7:52am On Aug 01, 2021
promiseland245:
No need for long epistles, the summary of the issue is I stopped drinking Alcohol entirely and focused on drinking only water. It's been about 3months now.
However, I noticed I have gained weight. Normally I weigh 88kg but last I checked its 91kg.

you sleep more.
Re: I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by DUNKA(m): 8:42am On Aug 01, 2021
promiseland245:
However, I noticed I have gained weight. Normally I weigh 88kg but last I checked its 91kg.

Probably you started eating more hence the weight gain.
Re: I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by rottenPussy: 9:53am On Aug 01, 2021
Did you go on a new diet after you stopped taking alcohol?
Re: I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by promiseland245(m): 11:52am On Aug 01, 2021
I have never really been a foodie guy.
I just look envidently big after this Alcohol break.
rottenPussy:
Did you go on a new diet after you stopped taking alcohol?
Re: I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 01, 2021
Work on your diet. Incorporate fruits and vegetables.
And do cardios to burn those fats.
Then upgrade to having muscle mass by way
Of strength and resistance training.

1 Like

Re: I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by promiseland245(m): 11:59am On Aug 01, 2021
I do not eat much.
I just take what would occupy space and keep me going.
This is the First time I am conscious on Alcohol Break
and albeit the weight gain, its been a nice experience.
DUNKA:
Probably you started eating more hence the weight gain.
Re: I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by rottenPussy: 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2021
promiseland245:
I have never really been a foodie guy.
I just look envidently big after this Alcohol break.
Did you take beer more or liquor?
And genetically, are your siblings or parents fat?

If you took more of liquor, it could well be that you are bound to be fat but these liquor timely burnt the fat as you took them then.

Now that you have stopped, your true build is coming up.

Nothing is for sure in your case until a proper examination is done
Re: I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by promiseland245(m): 12:14pm On Aug 01, 2021
I like this. I just want to believe it's due to change in metabolism, as an element (alcohol intake) is no longer in the equation.
A good muscle pump/exercising would guarantee a whole new look.
LIVINGICON:
Work on your diet. Incorporate fruits and vegetables.
And do cardios to burn those fats.
Then upgrade to having muscle mass by way
Of strength and resistance training.

Re: I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by promiseland245(m): 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2021
Combinationof Both Beer and Liquor.
Genetically, we aren'ton the Big side in my lineage.
Amongst my siblings I would say I am the only one that has hit the 80kg Mark.
rottenPussy:
Did you take beer more or liquor?
And genetically, are your siblings or parents fat?

If you took more of liquor, it could well be that you are bound to be fat but these liquor timely burnt the fat as you took them then.

Now that you have stopped, your true build is coming up.

Nothing is for sure in your case until a proper examination is done
Re: I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2021
promiseland245:
I like this. I just want to believe it's due to change in metabolism, as an element (alcohol intake) is no longer in the equation.
A good muscle pump/exercising would guarantee a whole new look.

Very correct. That look is very heavenly and also good health wise

1 Like

Re: I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by rottenPussy: 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2021
promiseland245:
Combinationof Both Beer and Liquor.
Genetically, we aren'ton the Big side in my lineage.
Amongstmy siblings I would say I am the only one that has hit the 80kg Mark.
You shouldn’t stress yourself about that. Just eat healthy and stay away from alcohol as you have done.

Don’t let that lure you into taking alcohol again.
Re: I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by Healthyway15: 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2021
promiseland245:
However, I noticed I have gained weight. Normally I weigh 88kg but last I checked it's 91kg.

Weight gain is one of the signs of alcohol withdrawal. Alcohol is a toxin blocking the absorption and metabolism of vitamins and minerals. And now that you’re no more poisoning yourself with it, your body now actually has a chance to readjust the metabolic rate, and also adjust itself to repair some damage caused by alcohol.

More often than not, the body will balance itself out over time, and weight gain may not even be a concern later on. Well, it’s important to keep tabs on your weight to ensure you don’t have an underlying condition.

Your body is surely thanking you for quitting alcohol drinking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by promiseland245(m): 4:02pm On Aug 01, 2021
Very nice breakdown. Let's see how it goes.
Never for once did I ever think would be that Guy that would Order water in a Seat-Out when all other guys are ordering their choice Beer n Liquor. Lol
At first it was weird but I am really getting used to it.
It is not as if I am a drunk or dependent on Alcohol to function but this Withdrawal is a Move to show I am in control and I am willing to stretch this break to an infinitisma future hopefully.

If you are out there and you have been willing to go on Alcohol Break/Withdrawal, I want you to know that you can do it. Let your Organs be watered for a while
Healthyway15:

Weight gain is one of the signs of alcohol withdrawal. Alcohol is a toxin blocking the absorption and metabolism of vitamins and minerals. And now that you’re no more poisoning yourself with it, your body now actually has a chance to readjust the metabolic rate, and also adjust itself to repair some damage caused by alcohol.

More often than not, the body will balance itself out over time, and weight gain may not even be a concern later on. Well, it’s important to keep tabs on your weight to ensure you don’t have an underlying condition.

Your body is surely thanking you for quitting alcohol drinking.
Re: I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by mariahAngel(f): 5:07pm On Aug 01, 2021
promiseland245:
Very nice breakdown. Let's see now it goes.
Never for once did I ever think i would be that Guy that would Order water in a Seat-Out when all other guys are ordering their choice Beer n Liquor. Lol
It is not as if I am a drunk or dependent on Alcohol to function but this Withdrawal is a Move to show I am in control and I am willing to stretch this break to an infinitisma future hopefully.

If you are out there and you have been willing to go on Alcohol Break/Withdrawal, I want you to know that you can do it. Let your Organs be watered for a while

Apart from the weight, have you noticed any other withdrawal symptoms so far?
Re: I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by promiseland245(m): 7:13pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nothing else really. I am still taking notes
mariahAngel:

Apart from the weight, have you noticed any other withdrawal symptoms so far?
Re: I Stopped Drinking Alcohol But Gained Alot Of Weight. by Healthyway15: 11:19pm On Aug 01, 2021
promiseland245:
Very nice breakdown. Let's see now it goes.
Never for once did I ever think i would be that Guy that would Order water in a Seat-Out when all other guys are ordering their choice Beer n Liquor. Lol

It's great to be in control. That's a good move towards Sound Health.
It would be nice to share some clues/tips on how you were able to withdraw till today. Who knows who will be saved next?

The First Wealth is Health!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Could This Be Pile/cancer Or Something Else(viewers discretion) / Help I Feel I've Been Cheated / Natural Therapy Knowledge: Preserve The Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.