Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

How Does My Category Of Small Business Owner Get Forex From Banks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Does My Category Of Small Business Owner Get Forex From Banks (217 Views)

CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks / Dangote To Stop Sourcing FOREX From CBN / "Stop Buying Airtime From Banks" - Saleh Shehu Ashaka Begs Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Does My Category Of Small Business Owner Get Forex From Banks by shadeyinka(m): 4:55am On Aug 03, 2021
It's no news that the CBN has stopped their direct funding of Bureau de Change (BDC) for forex needs of the average Nigerian and they have also authorised the Nigerian Banks to sell forex to any Nigerian with LEGITIMATE FOREX REQUESTS. One of the circulars to the banks reads

"“Further to the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) briefing of July 27, 2021, all Deposit Money Banks (DMBs) are hereby reminded to set up teller points at designated branches across the country to fulfil legitimate FX requests for Personal Travel Allowance, (PTA), Business Travel Allowance (BTA), tuition fees, medical payments, SMEs transactions, amongst others,” the circular reads."

All the so called legitimate needs seem to require some form of documentation to justify it
Now, my question is:
1. How can a small business owner who Buys from China through Aliexpress, Alibaba, 1688.com etc get legitimate forex from the Banks
2. How can forex be obtained for funding online business accounts for fundings trading accounts in FOREX

The $100 dollars per month limitation and the high BDC exchange rate for SMO like us is crippling.

Thanks
CC:
FOD, puskin, dominique, naijacutee

(1) (Reply)

Any Website Open To Nigerians That Pays To Refer Others. / Warriorplus Affiliates Please Help / What Business Can 135k Start?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.