Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

How Good Is The University Of Portsmouth - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Good Is The University Of Portsmouth (2427 Views)

The University Of Liverpool Comes To You! Move Ahead Without Moving Away / Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? / Oracle 10g Self Study Cdrom, How Good Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Is The University Of Portsmouth by Tonex(m): 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2007
Hi guys. I need help. I got admission to study an for a master's degree in engineering at the University of Portsmouth in England in September. Some people say the school isn't really recognised in the UK. Can someone who has gone there or who can offer me any useful help shed some light on this issue. Thanks.
Re: How Good Is The University Of Portsmouth by Banderas(m): 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2007
Hello Tonex,
I have two friends three friends who attended Portsmouth. None of them have been able to get top-flight jobs, but they all do work. Electrical Engineering is generally a good course, and depending on the state of the UK job market, you should be able to get work, but I can assure you - portsmouth is not one of the Unis from which you are assured of getting work here in the UK, so if you're hoping to get work and remain in the UK, portsmouth may not be your best bet.

See the link beneath for a ranking of UK universities, from the UK times

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/displayPopup/0,,102571,00.html
Re: How Good Is The University Of Portsmouth by Tonex(m): 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2007
Banderas thanks. I appreciate your help. It is of great help to me. The site you gave is also kool. Thanks.
Re: How Good Is The University Of Portsmouth by AkAgility: 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2020
waoh!
This is quite different from the information I got about Uni Portsmouth before now.
I'm interested in this subject matter
Re: How Good Is The University Of Portsmouth by onyiokoye: 6:53am On Oct 28, 2022
This thread was in 2007 and you replied in 2020. Obviously, University of Portsmouth then is not the same now. University of Portsmouth is a good university.
AkAgility:
waoh!
This is quite different from the information I got about Uni Portsmouth before now.
I'm interested in this subject matter
Re: How Good Is The University Of Portsmouth by Emma2Seconds: 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2022
smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Army Chaplaincy / ' / Is There A Maximum Height Requirement For Cabin Crew?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.