Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,318 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo (13445 Views)

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:47am On Aug 04, 2021
Hello everyone,
A brand new book is out from the author of I fell in love, Wrong Number, Anike, Broken Hedge, Pastorzoned, Tolerated, Underrated

Now, "More Than A Craving"
Thanks
God bless you all.

Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by Herbiedeen(m): 11:51am On Aug 04, 2021
ISSORAIT
FIRST SIT TAKEN

FIRE DOWN wink

1 Like

Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:56am On Aug 04, 2021
Invite:
kevwecute1, temig, Kaycee9242, MYGIST, Blackween, damselposh, Faspen, Jentle244, adefunke62,
skubido, nogodye, Adesina12, anneboy02' Ray1251 AJECKING, queenitee, princessadeola, Halyma
Divineroyalty, dupsai, ann2012, LightQueen
crislyn, Born2Breed nastynic, Nogody, genius43, mhizcutie, Ayanfe29, emmytemmy, Kaycee9242 hfinest1 Babysuccess, Xeynab, Shola2019, Finumokesayo, oluwadabira, Ann2012, beldad, genius43, cubby4, queentener, Humbleness, izaray, BIGGIE121, kaysmart4real, Kaycee9242, Divineroyalty, Divinelypruned, Jagaban880, Treasurewamiri, iamgprince, Joecristiano7,Nwiboko26, cocotrendz, Nogodye, lonesome501, Ven97, Treasure17,
Lilly4endu, Wuhmie, garuzmarstk, Emex100, Youngbruzzy, Ettabe195, emmytemmy, uchedora, maxipharo, skubido, PrudySara, duruZed, Haredes, Odoogu, Blessinzy, damiscrown28, coscleyl12, damselposh, pelujam, kamchizzy, Hanibal, Rahyberg, estygoldy, Gnvl, Elquddus100, iamgprince, aprilwise, Sharonmum08, Youngados

"More Than A Craving" is available on okadabooks.
https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/more_than_a_craving/43854

Thanks, God bless you all.

4 Likes

Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by Babysuccess02(f): 3:01pm On Aug 04, 2021
rachealfst:
Invite:
kevwecute1, temig, Kaycee9242, MYGIST, Blackween, damselposh, Faspen, Jentle244, adefunke62,
skubido, nogodye, Adesina12, anneboy02' Ray1251 AJECKING, queenitee, princessadeola, Halyma
crislyn, Born2Breed nastynic, Nogody, genius43, mhizcutie, Ayanfe29, emmytemmy, Kaycee9242 hfinest1 Babysuccess, Xeynab, Shola2019, Finumokesayo, oluwadabira, Ann2012, beldad, genius43, cubby4, queentener, Humbleness, izaray, BIGGIE121, kaysmart4real, Kaycee9242, Divineroyalty, Divinelypruned, Jagaban880, Treasurewamiri, iamgprince, Joecristiano7,Nwiboko26, cocotrendz, Nogodye, lonesome501, Ven97, Treasure17,
Lilly4endu, Wuhmie, garuzmarstk, Emex100, Youngbruzzy, Ettabe195, emmytemmy, uchedora, maxipharo, skubido, PrudySara, duruZed, Haredes, Odoogu, Blessinzy, damiscrown28, coscleyl12, damselposh, pelujam, kamchizzy, Hanibal, Rahyberg, estygoldy, Gnvl, Elquddus100, iamgprince, aprilwise, Sharonmum08, Youngados

Finally, another one is here

1 Like

Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:21am On Aug 05, 2021
Herbiedeen:
ISSORAIT
FIRST SIT TAKEN

FIRE DOWN wink
Thanks, welcome on board.
Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:21am On Aug 05, 2021
Babysuccess02:

Finally, another one is here
Yeah, thanks.

1 Like

Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:31am On Aug 05, 2021
Dedication:
To God Almighty.

Acknowledgement:
To all my great and wonderful readers, you are awesome. May the Lord continue to bless and enrich you in Jesus name.

CHAPTER 1
The higher you go, the cooler it becomes they say. That’s exactly what is happening to Iwalade Badmus at this point of her life. Despite the fact it was a pandemic period that shook nations of the world, Iwalade, the award winning screen writer just bought herself a house and she was so grateful to God who blessed her with that wonderful gift.
Iwalade stood and watched the guys she hired to help her move in her things as they do their job; she ensured they washed and sanitized their hands first before they entered the house. They fixed all fixables and helped arrange all her things while she instructed them on where to place each items. In less than three hours, the job was done. She transferred the agreed bill into the bank account they gave her and they left after the payment had been settled.
Iwalade who just clocked 34years looked around her new beautiful house and couldn’t help but marveled at God’s faithfulness and kindness upon her life. She is still single, not engaged to any man, she’s not even in any romantic relationship with any guy, and mind you, she’s single at that age not because she’s the type that doesn’t believe in marriage, far from it, she believes so much in marriage and she also believes in love. I mean, she’s a good romance writer for God’s sake. She has written so many intriguing love stories and she believed in the power of love but maybe because she had fantasized so much she hasn’t really met that person that will give her that feeling she had so much craved for and she believed that one day she will meet her better half.
Now that Iwalade is now at the top there, everyone now worries for her especially her family and close friends. When she was still nothing they were still hopeful but now that she now has a great career that comes with riches they are scared if she will actually find true love, because at this stage of her life, it’s either guys come for her because of who she is or because of her money or both.
Iwalade had grown big in the movie industry over the years, she has started writing script from her undergraduate days, even though then the pay was small but now, she has become a sought after in the industry.
Producers, directors and all want to work on something with her and now the least of her charges is one million naira for a script, she doesn’t take anything less. In fact, the last script she sold was #1.5M reason being that the movie was a high budget film; the movie was shot in four different countries of the world, she even had the opportunity to travel out of the country with the cast and crew of the movie because the producer insisted she wants her on the team. The movie eventually came out big and won different awards.
Iwalade also won some big prize money from one of the big companies who sponsored the award show; one of the companies also gave her a brand new car. And even after the award show she began to get calls from rich individuals who personally sent her congratulatory money and it is not small money at all. She was surprised when these people started calling and she later got to know that they got her number from the movie producer. One male politician also called and asked for her account number but she didn’t give the man, she knew he would demand something else later.
After moving around the whole house ravishing in its magnificence, Iwalade decided to call her family members who she had kept in the dark about the house just to make it a surprise. She then dialed her mum’s number, she picked the call and she gave her the news and Mrs. Badmus started dancing and jubilating on phone. Iwalade’s younger brother and last child, Tosin who was with their mum at the time of the call also screamed out of excitement. Mrs. Badmus told her daughter to text the address, she couldn’t wait; she had to visit that very day. After the phone call, Iwalade text her house address, Mrs. Badmus and Tosin started dressing up. Iwalade knew Tosin will almost fly to her end just to come over on time, so she quickly called him to drive safely.
Iwalade is from a family of three, the second child and the second girl, her elder sister Funke is already married but lived in Ghana with her husband. Luckily for Funke she has an Aunt, Mummy Alade who lives in Ghana as well. Oreoluwa, Fullhouse’s sister once stayed with the same Mummy Alade when she went for a course in Ghana before she went back to her school in UK.
Mummy Alade, Mummy Adeyinka (Fullhouse’s Mum) and Mummy Badmus (Iwalade’s Mum) are all siblings, which makes their children, cousins. All the siblings of Mrs. Badmus had a happy home except her, her husband left her and the kids a long time ago, in fact, she was carrying the pregnancy of her last child, Tosin, when her husband left which means Tosin had never seen his father before physically, he only saw pictures when he was born.
Iwalade’s father, Mr. Badmus is very much alive but when things were not going well for him, he met a rich woman and dumped his family for her, the two reside in Canada. Mr. Badmus left his family to suffer here in Nigeria while he went to Canada enjoying with his new bride. Iwalade and her siblings really suffered while growing up, they were still very young when their father left. Mummy Badmus did all kinds of job just to give them education.
One of Mr. Badmus’close friends in Nigeria who saw how bad his family was suffering gave them their father’s contact, so they can get him to take responsibility since he is living fine in Canada. The first time they called, Mr. Badmus denied them openly, there are times when they will contact their father but he will tell them he can’t remember having any family in Nigeria. In fact, there was a day they called and it was the Canada wife who picked the call and trashed them in return and that was the last time the line went through, it was obvious they changed the line because of them.
By the grace of God, Iwalade and her sister finished school and became graduates all through thick and thin, they saw hell. They struggled on their own to assist their mum and at the end, the story ended well. Funke got married some years ago to a wonderful man; it’s just that he’s based in Ghana which made the family miss Funke who only visit Nigeria once in a while. Mrs. Badmus do traveled to Ghana anytime Funke put to bed, she had three children which means she had visited thrice. The last child of the family didn’t come on time, Iwalade is twelve years older than him and right now she is the taking responsibility over Tosin’s education and his overall well being. Iwalade also built a bungalow for her mum and that is where she lives presently with Tosin, she also got her a car but trust Tosin, he is more of the owner than the owner herself.
On their way to Iwalade’s place with Tosin behind the wheels and Mrs. Badmus sitting in front beside him, the woman began to think about their past and stray tears left her eyes, who would have thought a day like this will come in her life when all her children will be doing fine especially Iwalade who is not just rich but also doing great in her craft. She remembered the first award she received; she couldn’t help but cry, especially when her daughter started singing her praise when she was giving her speech. Tosin looked at her mum and smiled because he knew those tears are tears of joy.
They got to the place and packed in front of the house, and gave Iwalade a call.
“We are at the gate.” Mrs. Badmus informed.
“Oh! I’m coming ma.” She said and rushed out to get them. She opened the gate and his brother drove in. Mother and son alighted when Tosin parked the car.
“Oya…..you two should go and wash your hands.” She said pointing to the tap in the compound. Mrs. Badmus knew her daughter and hygiene are five and six even before the arrival of Covid 19, so she obeyed but her brother protested.
“Aunty Iwalade have started o, shey I have coro ni.”
“I didn’t say you have coro but that’s the guidelines given by the National Center for Disease Control in order to avoid the deadly virus, so go wash your hands and sanitize them.”
“Ehn…..I will sanitize again?” Tosin asked.
“By God’s grace.” Iwalade said and gestured for him to go to the tap and wash.
When they were through, Mrs. Badmus looked round the house, she loved what she saw and by the time they got inside, she was astonished, even Tosin couldn’t close his mouth. Like a typical Nigerian mum, Iwalade’s mum started rolling on the floor when she entered the sitting room, calling God all the names she could remember He bears. She stood up and hugged her daughter.
“I will not scold you for getting a big house like this because I know you deserve it; in fact, you deserve much more my darling child.” She said and wept on her shoulder, at some point, Iwalade too teared up. Minutes later, after the emotional things were over, she showed them around the house. And her Mum approved of everything, she even thought she was going to scold her for buying the house but she was surprised she didn’t. Iwalade was expecting the normal sermon you will get from a Nigerian mum like ‘How will you find a husband? Men will run from you or men will just troop on you for your money and run away after…..and all.’
Iwalade was glad her mum wasn’t against it and put her mind at rest and she was even happier because there’s no comfort than that of a mother’s support.
“Have you told your sister?” Mrs. Badmus asked.
“Yes ma, I called immediately after giving you a call.” Iwalade replied her mum.
The house had been stocked so she made food for them. While the cooking was going on, Tosin made a video call with Funke in Ghana and showed her the whole house. Funke too was happy for her sister; all she could say is that she deserved it because God had made her hardwork pay off. Iwalade served the food when it was ready and they all ate happily.
Iwalade was like a pillar of the family, despite the fact that Funke is the first child. Funke is not that energetic as her sister, she is simple, quiet and the easy going type. In fact, most people thought Iwalade was the first child because of her resilence act while they were growing up. Iwalade hawked goods and do a lot of things to sustain the family back then but Funke didn’t have such strength and thankfully she married a man who doesn’t stress her life at all. Meanwhile, Iwalade can run more than two jobs at the same time in those days when they were struggling just to keep the family together. All these made her mum loved her more, though Mrs. Badmus tried to hide it from her other children but deep inside her, Iwalade is her hero and looking at her strength alone back then is something that gave her courage.
Mrs. Badmus and her son slept over at Iwalade’s place after she had spoiled them with different treats. The next day, after having breakfast, they decided it’s time to leave. Before Mrs. Badmus left, she called her daughter aside and prayed for her, that the rest of her life that needs perfection shall be perfected.
After the prayer, the two heard a mother and daughter talk. “Iwalade, once again, I thank God for your life. Hmm…” She sighed deeply. “I know you will be surprise that I was dancing when I saw this place yesterday. I know you think I will shout this place down abi?” She said and her daughter nodded. “Hmm….you see this my God that is up there, who saw us through the valley of the shadow of death, the one who turned us from nobody to somebody through you, I know that very God is much alive. If He can do all these for you, then giving you your own man is a piece of cake to Him, so therefore, I’ve concluded that I won’t worry over you, the God who made you what you are today will perfect the rest and grant you all the desires of your heart.”
“Amen in Jesus name. Thank you mummy….I love you.” Iwalade said.
“I love you too my dear daughter, you may not know this but you are my favourite.”
“Mum, I’ve known since and guess what?”
“What?”
Iwalade moved slowly to her and whispered in her ears “Everyone knows including Funke and Tosin.” She revealed.
“It’s a lie. But…but I never showed it.” She threw her hands in the air.
“It was obvious when we were growing up Mum but don’t worry, they don’t really have a problem with it.” She said and they both laughed.
The two left the room to join Tosin who was already waiting for them in the sitting room, he picked up the car key from the center table and they all went outside. Iwalade watched as they drove out, she waved and then locked the gate.
Some days later, Iwalade was busy writing a treatment sheet for a script she needed to deliver in a week, and then she heard the gate bell chime. “Who could be at the gate?” She asked herself, since she wasn’t expecting anyone. The only people that knew about her new place were her immediate family and few of her close relatives. She was still thinking on when she’ll inform her close friends, even though she had a very close childhood friend that should have known about it but she purposely did not tell him just to avoid trouble, Kayode is a pain in the neck, sometimes she wondered how she had cope that long with such a troublesome friend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:33am On Aug 05, 2021
Iwalade tried to get decent first, then she went out and by the time she stepped out to see the person standing in front of her gate, it was the same nightmare she was avoiding, Kayode.
“How in God’s name did you find me?” Iwalade asked.
“Open this gate first nau….”
“The only reason why I will open is because of this environment.”
“Thank God you know that.”
“Yes, I know, I will open before you embarrass yourself.” She sneered.
“Just open the gate; I will still give you your reply.” Kayode said.
Iwalade puffed up and eyed him and let him in.
“There is a tap over there and sanitizer, so go wash and sanitize your hands.”
“You believe this bullshit too! Covid 19 is a scam……”
“As enlightened as you are, I can’t believe this is coming from you. By the way, where is your nose mask?” She questioned.
“I don’t have one, I don’t wear it.” He replied.
“Seriously, so you walk freely on the street of a state that has the highest record of Covid 19 without a nose mask!”
“Show me one person you know that has Covid or have died of Covid.”
“You better protect yourself, its better to be safe than sorry.” Iwalade advised.
“Yimu, sha let me go and wash my hands because I know you will not allow me in if I refuse.”
“Thank God you know.” She said and followed him. She watched him as he washed his hands and sanitized them.
Kayode entered the house and was stunned at the sight that beholds him. “This is beautiful.” He said as he turned slowly in 360 degree.
“Are you stalking me?” Iwalade asked.
“What, you can’t even reply my compliment!”
“Leave compliment, how did you get to know this place?” Iwalade questioned.
“The most important thing is that I’m here. How, is none of your business……” He said trying to tease Iwalade but this didn’t sit well with her because the last person she wants to see at that moment wasn’t Kayode.
“Stalker Oshi.” She hissed and left him in the sitting room. Kayode smiled sheepily, sat down and made himself comfortable despite the fact that he knew he wasn’t welcome.
Iwalade joined him and her phone started ringing but she was still pissed at the sight of Kayode who was sitting comfortably before her.
“You better pick up your phone.” He said and took the phone from the center table and handed it to her.
“Pick it nau, it’s Fullhouse, your cousin o.” She eyed him and took the phone from him and accepted the call.
Fullhouse already knew about her new house, he got to know through his mum. Her aunt had called to congratulate her, her cousins also chatted her up online to congratulate her and that includes Fullhouse.
Fullhouse’s real name is Adekunle but everyone calls him Fullhouse which is the English version of his Yoruba name. He is the only son of the Adeyinkas, Mummy Adeyinka is Iwalade’s aunt, Fullhouse also have a younger sister who schooled abroad, Oreoluwa.
Fullhouse is happily married and resides with his wife in Ile-Ife, Osun state. His boss actually did him a favour by transferring him from Lagos office to Ife so he could be with his new bride who is a student of the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU). Fullhouse is the one managing the company in Ife and by God’s grace everything has been going on well for him ever since he got married to his young bride, Ireoluwa who just turned 19years.
(PS: You can read ‘Underrated’ to know about the love story of Fullhouse and Ireoluwa; how they met and fall in love and how she ended up getting married at that young age.)

“Hello Iwalade.” Fullhouse said when the line connected. Iwalade is few years older than Fullhouse but they call each other by their first names but regardless, Fullhouse still treat her like a big sister.
“Fullhouse bawo ni? (How are you?)” Iwalade said immediately she picked the call.
“I’m good and you.”
“I’m fine jare.”
“I doubt that. What’s going on with you?”
“Nothing I can’t handle. How’s our wife doing?” She asked.
“She’s good.” Fullhouse said proudly.
“Hmm….Happy to hear that.”
“How’s Ife today?”
“Ife is cool.”
“Lagos is cool too anyway. This one that you are calling me this morning, I hope all is well?” She said that because they hardly talk on phone, they only chat online.
“Yea, I come in peace plus I’m here to talk business.”
“Business! Fullhouse, you know I don’t do business.”
“I know, writing is business too nau, anyway one of our clients needs a writer to help him with a big project he’s working on which will attract international audience and he is ready to pay big.” Fullhouse informed.
“Wow!!!”
“I’ve given him your contact. So, he’ll call you later in the day, so you guys can negotiate.”
“You are the best cousin in the world, thanks so much.” Iwalade said, elated.
“By the way, his name is Mr. Godwin.”
“Mr. Godwin. Okay, noted.”
“Iwalade, the man is loaded o, don’t dull yourself with the negotiation and I tell you he’s going to be making millions of naira from the project, shey you get?”
“I perfectly understand you, thanks so much.”
“Anything for you dear cousin, you are really making us proud in the family, so this is the least I can do to promote your craft.” He said.
“Thanks, I really appreciate. I’ll feed you back once will strike a deal.”
“Alright, take care and have a good day.”
“You too, regards to Ireoluwa.” She said referring to his wife.
“I will. Bye.” Fullhouse said and ended the call.
Iwalade smiled at Kayode who was starring at her. “You see, I brought good luck.” He said with a smile.
“My friend, keep quiet.” Iwalade eyed her unwanted visitor and went back into her room and locked it from behind.

She continued with the treatment sheet she was writing, an hour later she was done and went back to the sitting room and he saw Kayode who had made himself so comfortable. He had put on the TV and he was busy watching an action film on the cable and a pack of juice and glass was on the stool before him.
“Kayode what’s going on here, did I invite you? Why are you……” She was still saying when Kayode jumped on his feet and ran to the kitchen.
“What! Kayode have entered my kitchen!” She said and quickly ran after him, then he saw him checking out what he was cooking and then she peeped in.
“Kayode! You are boiling rice in my house! Are you nut or something? Did I even invite you here?”
“I’m your one and only childhood friend, your childhood crush for that matter.”
“So….”
“So…..I don’t need an invite.” He pointed out.
“Egbami….”(help me) Iwalade said and clapped her hands slowly like a typical Yoruba girl that she is. Kayode opened the deep freezer and brought out a bowl of soup. He opened it, it was vegetable soup.
“I took vegetable last night, so I don’t need this.” He said and closed the container and put it back in the freezer, searching for another container. Then he picked another, opened it and he smiled, the container contains fried stew (Ewa agonyi stew) with assorted meats, the stew Iwalade just made the previous night and haven’t eaten out of it. She had plan on using it to eat ewa agonyi (beans) with yam. She’s very good in preparing the ewa agonyi, she actually learnt it from her mum.
“I took vegetable last night.” Iwalade mimicked Kayode. “You have gut o, in my house! Imagine.” She hissed.
“Call it whatever you like Iwalade. Just allow me enjoy my food peacefully.” He said and continued with what he was doing, after taking some portion of the fried stew he returned the container back to the freezer.
Kayode dished the food, he went straight to the dining where he settled down to eat the food as he savoured the meal, Iwalade just sat afar off watching the handsome, unavoidable devil in her house.
Indeed, Kayode was Iwalade’s childhood crush and vice-versa but the truth is that Iwalade had gone past that stage. As for Kayode he is still crushing over her till date. So his own crush had grown from childhood crush to teenage crush and then to adulthood crush because how can we explain how a full grown man and a successful one at that, refused to get married based on the condition that if Iwalade did not marry him then he’s ready to be single for the rest of his life.

4 Likes

Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by Herbiedeen(m): 11:25am On Aug 05, 2021
FOLLOWING STEADY

1 Like

Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 1:26am On Aug 06, 2021
CHAPTER 2
Written by Toyin Taiwo

Flash Back
Back home, when the two were still teenagers everyone especially their peers as at that time believed that the two were into each other but Iwalade always tell them that they were just friends, that they like each other but not romantically. The two were besties, they can’t do without each other and they tell each other everything. Even in those hussling days, Kayode stood by her. Wherever you see one, know that the other is not far from there as the two were always seen together. Even in both families they thought the two will grow up to become couple in the future.
The truth is that both of them actually liked each other but they still lied to themselves that it’s just friendship. Everyone around them pointed it out but they kept on denying it. When they gained admission into the university, Iwalade was expecting Kayode to express his feelings for her but he never did. She knew deep down in her heart that Kayode wanted her as much as she wanted him but he never said a word. Fine, his actions speak volume, so loud that everyone could hear it but Iwalade was the conservative type who will not go out of her way to be the one expressing love to a guy first.
Kayode on the other hand was scared to declare his feelings so he won’t lose the friendship between them, though he knew how much she cared about him but what if all she wants is just friendship, reason why he hid his feelings.
On the long run, since the two attended different universities, Iwalade had to grow up and move on from all those fantasies that she used to have about them. To her, it was obvious Kayode wants to stay just as friends, maybe he never sees her as a woman.
While in school, Kayode also tried all he could to get Iwalade out of his mind but he couldn’t, he even tried dating other girls in school but it didn’t work out. All his heart wants is Iwalade. Some of his close friends in school had pushed him to talk to her but he was just scared to come out clean, they even offered to help but he said no way ‘If I’ll be speaking at all then I have to do it myself.’ He had said to them.
Kayode and Iwalade would talk all night till day break and tell each other everything that is going on in their lives, they will laugh, joke, and even share problems together. Kayode’s room mates back then wondered how the two were so close and still, they find it hard to move it on to the next level.
Along the line, Iwalade met someone when she was in 300 level, the guy, Martins is cute and brilliant just the way she wanted her guy but she had to keep on posting the guy all because she was waiting for Kayode to profess his love to her. By the end of that very semester, she had to say yes to Martins. Then the relationship started, but it was already end of semester and they had to go home for break.
Holidays is what Kayode and Iwalade doesn’t joke with, they would have missed each other so much that when they finally return home for the break, they will try all their possible best to make good use of the time. Enough gists to share because conversation on phone can’t be anything compared to real conversation. And good for them, both schools run same calendar so, they are always home at the same period.
Immediately Iwalade returned home, she took her bath, changed into a clean cloth and off she went to Kayode’s house who arrived a day before her. Kayode’s parents lived in a bungalow built by his parents as at then. She got to Kayode’s place and the two were so happy to see each other. And they have this tradition of exchanging gifts once they returned from school. After a long hug, the two settled down, Iwalade brought out the customized shirt she made for him, that time customizing shirt was not that popular like it is today but she always think out of the box. She got the gift from her savings. She sells essential commodities in school and students do patronize her.
Kayode opened the package and he loved it. “Hold on, while I get mine.” He said and stood up; he went into his room and returned with his own gift.
She opened it and it was a pair of a beautiful sandal, gold colour. Iwalade was happy as she held the sandals because she loved it. Talking about sizes, Kayode knew the sizes of everything she uses. The two knew virtually everything about each other.
“How’s your mum and siblings doing?” Kayode asked.
“They are all fine o. We thank God, Mummy’s business is doing well and things her getting better gradually.” She informed.
“What about you, I really wish I had enough money to cater for both of us.” He said.
“I’ve told you times without number not to bother about me. I’m fine. My business is going on well in school and with it I can take care of myself.”
“What about Aunty Funke, you know she’s not as agile as you are. Hope she’s coping well sha?”
“Yes, she’s coping well, I use to send her money though, just to add to what mummy sends to her but as for me, I told Mum not to bother about me. The only thing I can’t do is illegal jobs or even prostitute myself but any means of making money, see, I am good to go.”
“That’s why I like you, that resilient spirit. I really envy it. You even got an accommodation for yourself and left the hostel. You are a woman like a man, strong and always positive.” Kayode stated.
“Abi….we got to be positive.”
“Our tomorrow will be great that I’m sure of.” Kayode assured.
“Amen” She said putting her palms together.
Then the two got talking and as they were talking, Iwalade’s phone started ringing, in those days they were still using small phones. She checked it; it was her new boyfriend, Martins.
“Pick your call; I can’t remember us making rules not to pick calls when we are together.” He joked. He is actually one of the funny guys she has ever met in her life. When it comes to Kayode, It’s ‘never a dull moment’ with him. The phone kept on ringing but she didn’t pick still.
“Iwalade….”
“You don’t pick your calls too when we are together.” She said trying to defend her action.
“Well…that’s me, I don’t just want anything that will distract me when I’m with you and I don’t expect you to do the same, so pick your call.” He said but she refused, she never told Kayode about the new guy, she was scared of telling him. It may hurt him but what was she suppose to do, she had waited all years for him to come out clean but he didn’t. She knew once she picked that call, he may find out because, she was sure Martins was going to end the call with I love you and she is not ready to reply him in the presence of Kayode.
“Who is calling?” Kayode had to ask her.
“A friend.” She said. “See; let’s just go back to our gist. Where are we sef?” She said and they returned to their gists.
Kayode kept starring into her eyes, he started touching her, not inappropriately but his hands were just on her all along. At some point, he held her hands, afterwards, his hands were on her shoulders and then he held her face and brought it close to his and before Iwalade could figure out what he was up to, he had already taken her lips in his. She wanted to stop him but she couldn’t she had always fantasized about that moment and it was happening for real, so she just allowed him though she didn’t kiss him back, she waited for him to have his fill until he stopped on his own.
Kayode looked at her and he didn’t like the face she put up. “Iwalade, I’m sorry.” He genuinely apologized.
“Kay, friends don’t kiss! I hope you know that.” She pointed out.
“Iwalade, do you still see us as friends?” He asked calmly with sadness written all over his face.
“Yes, is that not what we are?” She said bluntly because she was already boiling inside. “Why is he just saying all these now?” She lamented within her.
“Iwalade, everyone except us see us as couple but…. but….”
“But what.” She cut in. “But what kay? Talk to me, defend yourself!”
“You know I’ve always loved you right from when we were not even supposed to know what love is.”He confessed.
“So, what do you expect me to do with that information?”
“Iwalade, you love me too….”
“So!”
“Iwala……”
“I’m sorry, it’s too late.”
“What!”He jumped out of his seat. “Don’t tell me you are seeing someone.”
“Yes, barely a month though.” She opened up. Kayode quickly went back to seat with her and held her hands.
“Then end it, the relationship is still fresh.” That was what Kayode said and spoilt everything because the statement infuriated Iwalade.
“Did you just say end it. Do you know how long I’ve been posting that guy just because I was trying to buy you time?” She said and stood up angrily. He stood up too and held her right hand but she pulled away.
“I’m sorry I was a coward.”
“You are sorry! After all these years! Do you know how long I’ve waited for you and wasted that poor guy’s time and now that I gave him a yes, you now want me to go end the relationship!” Iwalade poured out.
“What do you expect me to say? I’m sorry it took me like forever to speak up. Reason why I summoned courage to do the needful and now I get this! Do you rather want me to congratulate you?”
“At some point, I even thought maybe you only love me as a friend and maybe you didn’t love as a woman.”
“That’s not true, I’ve always wanted you to be my woman, right from when we were young, and I see you as the mother of my unborn children.”
“And you kept quiet! Sometimes I even thought maybe I was the one that was assuming things in my head.”
“Iwa……”
“You know what, I’m done talking.” She stood up. “I think I need to leave now. It’s over, everything is over between us.”
“No, Iwalade, you will not do this to me. You can’t say that, after all we’ve shared from childhood!” He held her hands, holding her back.
“Kayode, let go of me!!” She said repeatedly but rather than leaving her he pulled her into his arms and then the tears she was trying not to shed in his presence started flowing. Kayode shed tears too. The two felt bad for doing that to themselves, one of them should have taken a bold step before now. Kayode cried for allowing fear get the better part of him, if only he had come out straight but instead he had been a coward and now the only woman he loved all his life now belongs to someone else.
Minutes later, they both calmed down, he led her to the bathroom to wash her face and then he saw her off. That night both of them couldn’t sleep, Martins called but Iwalade still couldn’t pick the call, he also sent text asking if she was fine, she replied the text and told him they will talk the next day.
The next day, Iwalade couldn’t go to Kayode’s house, she went to her girlfriend’s house instead. Temidun is one of the closest friends to both Iwalade and Kayode. She got to her house and met her mum in the sitting room weaving a muffler and watching the TV at the same time, she knelt down and greeted her, Temidun’s Mum asked after her parents.
“They are fine ma, thank you.”
“Good. When did you return from school?” She asked Iwalade.
“Yesterday ma.”
“Oh! You and your friend returned the same day. Anyway, she’s in her room.” She informed.
“Thank you ma.” Iwalade said and left the sitting room.
“What a surprise, you came visiting alone?” Temidun challenged Iwalade immediately she stepped into her room. She knew Iwalade doesn’t come to her house first, she will first of all go see Kayode and the two will now later come to visit her.
“I don’t feel like going to his place today, so I decided to come visit you instead.”
“Really! That’s strange. Hope you guys are fine?”
“We are fine.” She said. Iwalade did not disclose anything to her friend, in fact; she didn’t tell her she was seeing someone in school.
“Home alone; hope you are not too bored?” Iwalade asked. Temidun is the first child, two of her siblings are still in secondary, and one of them is out of secondary school but she had gone for Jamb lessons.
“See, I like it like that jare, once they come back from school now, noise will start.” She said.
“That’s true, especially that your last born. He is so stubborn.” Iwalade said and they both laughed.
“Ehm….Iwalade, thank God you are here alone. There’s actually something I want to discuss with you.”
“Ehn ehn, what is it, this one that your face has change to seriousness itself.”
“Yes, you are right, it’s something serious to me.”
“Okay! Let’s hear it.” Iwalade said.
“I will tell you, you know what, this thing I want to share with you is something I should have told you since; it’s just that I don’t know how to say it.”
“Stop keeping me in suspense Temidun, just say it.” Iwalade said anxiously.
“Before I tell you, I need to ask you something.”
“Go ahead and ask.”
“Ehm…. It’s about you and Kayode.”
“Not again, you still don’t believe that we are not dating!” She queried.
“I believe. I only want to clarify things.”
“Okay, I’m listening.”
“Iwalade, I know the two of you have feelings for each other but you two kept denying it. Are you sure, you don’t want to be with him?”
“See, it can’t happen. Maybe we will just remain as friends for life.” Iwalade pointed out.
“Are you sure about this?” Temidun asked.
“Look here, just leave this matter and tell me whatever you want to tell me.”
“Iwalade, I have a confession to make.”
“What confession?” Iwalade looked around and lowered her voice. “Hope you’ve not done anything stupid in school. Abi you have lost your virginity?” She asked curiously.
“No, far from it.” Temidun replied.
“So, what confession do you have to make?”
“It’s about Kayode.”
“Kayode! What about him?” Iwalade asked.
“I have feelings for him and it had started right from when we were still teenagers.” Temidun opened up and Iwalade coughed repeatedly.
“Are you okay?” Temidun asked out of concern.
“I’m fine.” She sighed. “Just continue with what you are saying.”
“Okay. Ehm….Iwalade, I’m really going crazy for Kayode and you know he doesn’t have time for girls. So….I need you to help me talk to him. I’m sure he’ll listen to you.”
“Hmm!” Iwalade sighed heavily. She dare not tell Temidun what transpired between herself and Kayode the previous day.
“Iwalade, say something.”
“Okay, I’ll talk to him.”
“Really! Thank you….” She hurried to Iwalade’s side where she was sitting and happily hugged her on the bed.
“It’s okay nau.” Iwalade said when her friend refused to free her. Temidun refrained and Iwalade stood up. “I need to leave now.”
“Ha….so fast.”
“Hmm….I need to go home, I’ll talk to you later.
“Iwalade, I hope it’s not because of what…..”
“No……I may even check back before the end of the day.”
“Okay.” She left and her friend saw her off.

4 Likes

Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 9:28am On Aug 06, 2021
rachealfst:
Invite:

Presently present ma’am
Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by genius43(m): 10:18am On Aug 06, 2021
Present Ma'am.
Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ann2012:

Presently present ma’am
Welcome on board.
Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 8:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
genius43:
Present Ma'am.
Thanks sir. Welcome on board.
Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 8:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
More Than A Craving
Written by Toyin Taiwo

Chapter 2(continuation)
Temidun knew all along that Kayode and Iwalade have feelings for each other but did nothing about it. And the irony of it all is that she herself is in love with the same Kayode who only have eyes for Iwalade. So, all the while as they grew up, Temidun had to mask her own feelings for Kayode. She even ensured she gained admission into the same University with him since Iwalade was admitted into a different University, Temidun thought distance will quench the feelings the two had for each other and maybe, Kayode will start giving her attention at least if you can’t have what you want, you can at least have what you can get.
To her surprise, they both got admission into the same school and things still remain the same as they were. Kayode did not even know Temidun’s hostel room number throughout their 100 level not to talk of visiting her. When they got to 200 level, Temidun had to change plan and got herself an accommodation off campus, so as to lure Kayode into visiting her privately, she had given him the address at the beginning of that session and still he didn’t set foot at her place to say hi.
Iwalade went straight to her room and pounced on her bed. She couldn’t believe her ears, she was surprised that Temidun had feelings for Kayode all these while and she never mentioned it to her until now, and worst of all she didn’t suspect it; the two were just platonic friends.
She wondered what will happen now that Kayode has confessed his love to her and she had rejected it, will she be able to stand it if the two started dating because the truth is that Kayode was the only guy he loved deeply from her heart but she had waited and waited and now she has a boyfriend, a boyfriend she didn’t really love, she just decided to give it a try and she has being keeping up as the good girlfriend for a month now.
She even gave Martins the no pre-marital sex rule to drive him away but still, he accepted, so they haven’t gotten physical ever since they started dating, though the relationship is still fresh.
For good three days, Iwalade didn’t show up at Kayode’s house, he had called asking if he could come over to see her but she told him not to come. Temidun also called asking if she had talk to Kayode, then she had to open to her that she and Kayode are presently not in good terms.
“You are not what! I’ve never heard you two quarrel before.”
“Well, you just did but not to worry, I’ll still talk to him. Maybe when all this is over.”
“Okay, thanks.” She said and ended the call.
A week later, she decided to call at his house. She got to the front door and knocked.
“Who is at the door?”
“It’s me.”
He opened the door; he smiled as he pulled her straight into his arms and hugged her tightly.
“Iwa……You really punish me, you know.” Kayode said.
“I’m sorry. I really need that space.” She said and they both settled down in the sitting room. Kay is the only one in the house, his parents had gone to work while his two other siblings are in school, they are undergraduates as well.
“What do you care for?” Kayode offered.
“Nothing, I’m okay.”
“I really miss you, we are not in school, yet we are still far away from each other.” He said and she apologized for not checking on him.
Later on, they went back to their old self and started gisting and laughing.
“Ehm….Kay.” Iwalade said scratching her body slyly, interrupting their chat.
“What.”
“Ehm….there’s something I’d like to discuss with you.”
“Okay….” He said, hoping she had let go of the other guy.
“Someone actually send me to you.” She said slowly and Kayode wondered why she is so reluctant to talk.
“Iwalade, just say whatever it is you have to say.”
“Ehm…Temidun has feelings for you.” She spilled.
“What about it, I’ve known since we were teenagers, so you don’t know?” Kayode asked.
“What! You knew.” Iwalade was shocked. He nodded. “And you never told me!”
“Well, I actually thought you knew and you intentionally not talk about it because she is your friend.”
“Jesus! I don’t even know what to say again.” She blew out air from her mouth.
“How did you find out?” He asked.
“She told me.”
“She told you!”
“Yes, not only that; she also wants you to be her man, if only you’ll give her a chance.”
“What! She told you that!”
“Yes”
“And what did you tell her?” Kayode asked.
“I told her I will deliver her message of course.”
“You should have told her to come meet me herself because you sure know I’m not going to date her.”
“But, I’m already seeing someone.”
“You don’t need to remind me of that.” He said sarcastically.
“Kay…..” She held his left hand but he took it off. “Maybe we are not meant to be together, maybe…..”
“Don’t give me that, that your school romance won’t last, that, I am sure of because I know what you feel for me.”
“Kay…..”
“How much do you even love this guy? Do you love him the way you loved me?”
“Let’s not go there, please.” Iwalade said.
“Oh! You can’t answer me.”
“Kay, calm down. Ehn, we’ll be fine.”
“I can’t be fine without you.” He stated.
“So, what do you want me to tell Temidun?” She asked.
“You know what; I’ll go talk to her myself.”
“You’ll what! Wait, what do you intend saying when you see her?”
“Iwalade…….let’s drop this please. I’m a man; I know what to tell a girl who has feelings for me when I don’t.”
“Okay, just make sure you don’t make her feel bad. Please be gentle with her. Remember she’s…..”
“Our friend.” He cut in.
“Good. I think I should take my leave now.”
“Okay, let me see you off but I think you should just go home straight, no need to stop by at Temidun’s place till I speak with her one on one.”
“That’s not a bad idea, I think.”
“Okay. By the way, you said something about learning script writing, is that why you’ve not been going to the shop to join your mum?” Kayode inquired.
“Yes, I actually started this week.”
“Good. I know you’ll do well in that line because, you’ve been writing since when we were little and all our school mates back then do enjoy your stories.” Kayode said.
“And thanks for always encouraging me back then; I actually didn’t give up because of the push I get from you.” She said.
“That’s what friends do. Anyway, shall we?” He said and she nodded as they both left the house.

A day to resumption, Iwalade decided to go see Kayode in the evening because she wasn’t home all day she was in her mum’s shop and also went to get some of the things she’ll be taking to school. She had been busy with running business with her mum and also joggling it with script writing class. She intended going to Temidun’s place afterwards even though it was late but she needs to see her friends before she leaves for school.
Kayode had spoken with her on phone and told her he had cleared the issue with Temidun, so everyone is good now. According to him, he tried his best to make his response to her as mild as possible, although when Temidun called her that very day, she was crying, she was very sad that Kayode turned her down, she didn’t hold it against him anyway and she said she’ll try to move on. Iwalade only prayed she would actually move on.
Iwalade got to Kayode’s place around 8pm, Kayode’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Aremu were already back from work, she greeted them and Kayode came out of his room to attend to her. He told his parents, he wants to step out for a bit.
“Help us on the generator first nau….” His mum, Mrs. Aremu said.
“Mummy, your phone battery is not low nau, don’t worry I’ll on it when I get back. I won’t take long.”
“Okay o….” His mum said and they both left the sitting room and went to sit outside. They couldn’t talk much since it was late and Iwalade wants to check on Temidun.
“I’ll miss you.” Kayode said.
“I’ll miss you too.”
“Maybe, I’ll come visit you in school.” He said and she cleared her throat. “What?” He asked her, he knew that cough meant something.
“Nothing.” Iwalade replied.
“Just spill it out already, don’t tell me it’s nothing.” He demanded.
“Is that not temptation. That aside, I have a boyfriend in school and the truth is that Martins knows everything about us. I had to tell because he knew you are the only person that calls me often and so that he won’t think I’m cheating on him.” Iwalade explained.
“I want to come visit my friend, is there a crime in that.”
“He knew our history. He may get jealous.” She explained and he held her face.
“Just promise you’ll keep yourself for me as I will keep mine for you.”
“Kay……” She was still saying then he took her lips. They kissed for the second time. She had to stop him.
“Kayode, I repeat, friends don’t kiss. So, stop kissing me.”
“I’m sorry, that’s just me saying my good bye. I’ll see you in school anyway.”
“Do you still plan on coming?”
“I won’t answer that.” He brought out his phone to check the time. “I think I should see you off, it’s getting late.”
“Okay, hold on let me inform your parents that I’m leaving.”
“Let me use that opportunity to put on the generator.” He said.
“I know you didn’t on that genenerator since because of the evil you want to do.” She teased him.
“What evil?” He feigned ignorance.
“You are asking me, you want every where to be dark so you can kiss me.”
“My God! You got me.” He said and they both laughed.
Iwalade went inside. She met the couple in the sitting room and informed them she was leaving.
“I heard your school too is resuming tomorrow.” Mr. Aremu said.
“Yes sir.”
“Are you also leaving tomorrow?”
“Yes sir.” She replied.
Mr. Aremu dipped his hands into his pocket and brought out some money. He took part of the money and gave it to Iwalade.
“Thank you very much sir.” She said and knelt down to thank him, she also thanked Kayode’s mummy too.
“All thanks to God my dear. Ese jeje ni school o.” (Thread softly in school) Mrs. Aremu counseled. The light came on; Kayode had put on the gen.
“I will, thank you ma. Good night ma.” She said and Kayode came in.
“Goodnight.” The couple chorused.
Iwalade told Kayode that his Dad gave her money, he turned to them and thanked them, he also told them he wants to see Iwalade off, it was already 8:30pm, but it’s not that late since they both live in the same neighbourhood. They left the house and walked hand in hand in the street.
“I will stay outside.” Kayode said when they got to Temidun’s house.
“Why?”
“Nothing, don’t stay long o, you know it’s late.”
“Okay.” She said and entered into the gate.
Iwalade and Temidun talked briefly, Iwalade told her she needs to leave because it was already late.
“Okay.” Temidun said.
“We’ll talk on phone since we won’t be seeing each other until the next break.”
“Okay.”
“Good bye…” Iwalade said and hugged her but Temidun didn’t hug her back.
“What is it? You’ve been acting somehow since I got here.” Iwalade challenged Temidun.
“I saw you.”
“Excuse me, I don’t get you.”
“I saw the both of you kissing. I was there this evening.” Temidun said and Iwalade blew out hot air.
“Temidun, it’s not what you think.”
“Why….Iwalade why, I thought I specifically asked you if anything was going on.”
“Temi…..”
“I even told you about my feelings for him, so you two are actually fooling me.”
“Far from it, the kiss just happened. Kayode and I are not dating, believe me.”
“Stop lying! At least, not to my face.”
“Okay, let me tell you the truth, I was waiting for Kayode to come out all these while and that is why we’ve stayed as friends for like…. forever. Long story short, he just professed his love to me during this break and that was before you told me about your feelings for him.”
“You should have told me all these still; Iwalade I specifically asked you if anything was going on, so you should have told me the truth.”
“I’m sorry; I was really going through a lot too.”
“So you still went ahead and turned him down after he came out clean!”
“I have a boyfriend.” Iwalade revealed and Temidun started laughing.
“What’s funny? I’m serious, I have a boyfriend.”
“See, if na joke, abeg stop am. You that I know can’t have a boyfriend.”
“The guy has been on my case since and I decided to give it a try since Kayode didn’t say anything.”
“So, what’s your plan now?” Temidun asked.
“Plan! I don’t have any plan. See it’s late, let me take my leave.”
“Where is he?” Temidun asked.
“Who? Oh! You mean Kay. He’s outside.” She replied.
“I know he is outside. I know you can’t come here alone, reason why I asked.” Temidun said.
“Temidun, I want to advise you as a friend, let him go, whatever will be, will be. If he’s meant for you, he’ll be yours. Don’t hurt yourself.”
“Okay, I hear you. Do I still need to see you off, since he’s outside?”
“Yeah, no need. Take care of yourself.”
“I will thanks.” Temidun replied, they both wish each other a safe journey and she hugged her this time. She walked Iwalade to the gate and closed the gate behind her.
“What took you so long nau, its five minutes past nine.” Kayode said when she walked up to him.
“I’m sorry for keeping you waiting.”
“Okay o, sha let’s go.” He said and they left the place, walking towards Iwalade’s house quietly.
“She saw us.” Iwalade said, breaking the silence.
“Saw us, I don’t get.”
“Temidun saw us kissing.”
“She was at my house!”
“Apparently, she left when she saw us kissing.”
“What did you tell her?”
“The truth.” She said as they both stopped in front of her house.
“Come.” He said and pulled her into a hug.
“Take care and safe journey.
“You too.” She replied as he released her. They waved at each other. She entered into the house and he left.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by damis28crown(f): 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
following cant miss this
Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 8:21am On Aug 07, 2021
Thanks for the update ma’am
Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:40am On Aug 07, 2021
damis28crown:
following
cant miss this
Welcome dear sis

1 Like

Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:40am On Aug 07, 2021
Ann2012:
Thanks sis
Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:41am On Aug 07, 2021
More Than A Craving
Written by Toyin Taiwo

CHAPTER 3
Iwalade’s mum got back some minutes later when she got in, they took their dinner and went to bed. Her boyfriend, Martins called and asked if she was still travelling the next day and she told him she’ll be travelling the next day. He told her how much he had missed her and couldn’t wait to see her, she didn’t reply him because the truth is that she didn’t miss him and she kept on beating herself up for attempting a relationship with a guy she’s not really in love with. They talked for few minutes and he ended the call.
Iwalade closed her eyes, thinking of what to make out of the whole mess she had got herself into because the truth is that it’s just her body that is dating Martins, her heart and soul are actually with Kayode.
Two weeks after resumption, the rate at which Kayode and Iwalade now converse on phone was on the top notch, the both of them hardly sleep at night and this raised suspicion on the part of Martins, he began to have funny ideas in his head thinking that there was something actually going on between the two. So he started voicing out his fears to Iwalade but she continued assuring him that she’s not leaving him for Kayode, she had made her decision by choosing him, it’s just that she can’t just stop being friends with Kayode, in fact, if she did, she too will also miss that part of him because they were gist buddies right from when they were young.
There was a day, Iwalade and Martins were in the room, Iwalade’s room precisely and it was late in the night, their lodge is not far from each other, so Martins do leave her girlfriend’s place late in the night but that particular day, Martins planned to spend the night.
“It’s past eleven, are you not going to your lodge?” Iwalade asked Martins.
“I don’t feel like, I’ll stay the night.”
“Martins……” She called suspiciously.
“No, no, no. It’s not what you think; I’m not passing the night because of that.”
“Martins…….”
“You made it clear nau, no sex and I agreed. If I want to have sex with you I don’t have to sleep over to do that.”
“Okay.” She said but in her mind she didn’t like the idea of him sleeping over, not just because there can be temptation but because Kayode is going to call that night as usual. It was the period when a particular network made night calls free and they usually talk from 12am to 5am and obviously no boyfriend will be cool with that.
Martins did not sleep and it was almost 12am, he had some assignment that he was busy working on. By 12am Iwalade’s phone started ringing, she was about to pick the phone but Martin’s snatched the phone from her.
“You won’t pick this call.” He said to Iwalade.
“Seriously! I don’t think you have the right to do that. So, give it back.” She said stretching her right hand towards him and trying to keep her cool at the same time.
“Why is he calling you by this time of the night? If he badly needs company then he should get himself a girlfriend.”
“And you think getting a girlfriend is a problem for him, right. Just give me the phone.” She was still trying to take the phone from him but the line disconnected. The phone started ringing again and this time instead of returning the phone to his girlfriend, Martins picked the call.
“Hello.” Kayode said.
“Hello.” Martins replied.
“Oga, please give the phone to the owner.” Kayode said calmly.
“Seriously, what right do you have to call someone’s girlfriend by this time of the night?”
“And what right do you have to pick your girlfriend’s call.” Kayode was very sure it was her boyfriend that would have the nerve to try that.
“Oh! Thank God, you acknowledge she is my girlfriend, so bounce.” He said.
“Hello….Mr. boyfriend, she is not your wife so you don’t have any right over her until you put a ring on it which I’m very sure will never happen anyway.”
“Really!”
“See I don’t know you and I don’t give a damn about you, so give the phone back to her.” Kayode said.
“And if I don’t!”
“Is simple instruction too much for your thick skull to process? I said give the phone…..” Kayode was still saying but Iwalade who was tired of the shades the two were throwing at each other hijacked the phone from Martins.
“Hello, Kay it’s me. I’ll hang up now, good night.”
“Iwa….” He was still saying but the line went off. Iwalade switched the phone off immediately. She lay on the bed, grabbed her covered cloth and covered her body.
“What is that all about?” Martins asked.
“Put off the light when you are done with your assignment.” She said and turned her back on him. She closed her eyes to sleep and in her mind she was like ‘the two of you cannot come and kill me.’
A year later, Iwalade was already in her final year and she was still dating Martins. Iwalade came back from class on a Thursday evening, she just finished bathing and was about to cook, then her phone started ringing. It was Kayode who was calling.
“I’m in front of your school gate. How will I get to your lodge?”
“What! Kay, you are joking right?” Iwalade asked.
“I’m not joking woman, send the address except you want to keep me stranded here.”
“No need for me to text, just take a bike and tell the bike man you are going to….”
“Honey Hostel.” He took the word from her mouth.
“So, you still remember the name of my lodge?”
“So for your mind, you think I won’t remember! Anyway, expect me.” He said and the line went off. There is virtually nothing, the two doesn’t talk about so they know everything about each other, Iwalade also know the name of his lodge in school and she has never visited him before. They hardly forget anything they tell each other.
Surprise was written all over Iwalade’s face when he saw Kayode; she didn’t believe him one bit that he was in front of the school gate until he showed up at her hostel. The two hugged each other and she led him into her room.
“Wow! Cash madam, your room is beautiful.” He commended.
“Thank you….” Iwalade said and gestured for him to sit on the bed. Though she had plastic chairs but she wanted him to feel comfortable. Iwalade’s self contained apartment was indeed cozy and welcoming. She just wanted to enjoy her final year days in school since all her years in school had been hustling.
“I can see your script writing business is paying off.” Kayode pointed out.
“It is o and I bless God for it. The money had really been helpful.” She said.
Even though as at that time the money wasn’t that much but its sure paying her bills and that of her siblings.
“I’m happy for you; you eventually rise above the odds.”
“Let’s just return the glory unto God.”
“Yea.”
“I’m sorry I was about cooking when you called, so I just started boiling the rice few minutes ago.”
“No wahala, at least you were not expecting me before.”
“Imagine you just show up just like that.” She said.
“I can see you don’t like surprises.” He teased.
“Says who.” She said and laughed.
When the food was ready, she served the food and they both ate from the same plate; back home, right from their teenage days, they do eat together. The two started discussing, they talked about their projects since they are both in final year including Martins and Temidun.
As they were discussing, Iwalade was busy thinking on how his boyfriend will handle Kayode’s visit. She wasn’t aware he was coming maybe she would have stopped him. Martins had travelled down to see a lecturer in another university in the south west to get the materials he needed for his project and he won’t be back until the next day.
Iwalade excused herself and went out to place a call. She called Martins to let him know that Kaayode is around and we all know what his response will be, he actually flared up and ordered Iwalade to send him back to wherever he came from.
“Martins, he’s my guest not yours. So why don’t you just calm down.”
“I won’t calm down, I am coming back tomorrow and I must not meet him by the time I return.”
“Martins, you are taking this thing too far. We are all adults.”
“Meaning, I’m behaving a like a baby, right. In fact, he must not sleep in that room.”
“You are telling me not to allow a friend that I’ve slept on the same bed with severally back home, not to sleep in my room!”
“That is home, this is school.”
“Okay.”
“Okay what?” Martins asked.
“I’m done talking. That’s the meaning of the okay!”
“Really!”
“We are not yet married and there is a limit to how you can push me around. Goodbye and have a nice stay over there.” She said and ended the call because he had almost exhausted all her airtime.
She went back inside and smiled at Kayode who was going through her picture collections.
“What did he say?” He asked.
“What did who say?” Iwalade questioned back.
“I know you went out to call him.”
“It’s none of your business.”
“Am I safe?” Kayode asked.
“You should have thought of that before coming but its fine.”
“Do you want me to leave?”
“Kay, let me be. How far, how’s Temidun doing in school?”
“Temidun……Temidun…..” He said slowly.
“Talk nau, I asked a question.”
“I regretted living alone this semester. That girl has been on my neck, she comes to my lodge every day, she even brings foodstuffs and cook. My friends now think we are dating and we are not for God sake.”
“Are you for real? Finally my girl is shooting her shot.” Iwalade said, clapping her hands in excitement.
“Iwa stop. What’s that suppose to mean.”
“Nothing, I’m just joking nau.”
“Funniest thing I never gave her my address and I don’t even know how she found out till date and she refused to tell me.”
“Maybe, you should give it a try.” Iwalade suggested and he frowned at her.
“Give what a try? I don’t love her!”
“You can choose to love her, you know. She’s a nice person and we’ve all been friends with each other since childhood. You know her well as much as I do.”
“Oooo…….Iwalade, stop forcing this girl on me.” He kicked the air out of frustration.
“No nau, I’m just…..”
“Iwalade I want to shower and rest my head abeg.” He said and she laughed at him.
“Okay, let me show you to the bathroom.” She said and led him into the bathroom and showed him the things he’ll need for bathing.
Few minutes later, he was out in his shorts and singlet, he then lay on the bed.
“What do you want for dinner, this is past seven?” Iwalade asked.
“I think I’m okay with the rice I ate earlier.”
“Okay, but I’ll prepare beverage for you before you sleep since you don’t want to take anything again. Is that fine by you?”
“Yea, it’s fine.”
“Good.” She said and lay beside him and they got talking again, they were still awake till 10pm and Iwalade decided to prepare a cold beverage for both of them. Afterwards, they went back to bed to sleep and she put off the light.
Iwalade knew if Martins had wings he would have fly over to school just to get rid of Kayode but unfortunately, he couldn’t leave until he gets all the materials he went in search for, if not he would have returned that night.
Kayode and Iwalade were both on the bed; they lay quietly in the dark. After few minutes, he broke the silence.
“Iwalade, I want us to be like this at night for the rest of our lives.” He said.
“If God wants it that way, then He will make it happen.”
“We can make it happen, you know.” He said and search for her face in the dark and held it close to his.
“Why are you still with that guy, I know you are only punishing me because I was a coward who refused to come out straight to you but I’ve begged for your forgiveness times without number.”
“Kay, he’s not a trash that I can just throw away!”
“But you don’t love him, your heart beats for me and you know it.”
“Kay….” She was still talking but he shut her up with a hot kiss, she responded and the kiss intensified until they were both naked in the dark. Kayode was about to lower himself into her but he stopped.
“Are you ready to give it up?” He asked referring to her virginity; he knew she was still a virgin. He knew she never got physical with her boyfriend. Iwalade didn’t reply him so he had to repeat the question again.
“Iwa…….” He said quietly into her ears. The two were still feeling hot but he needed consent.
“Are you ready to give it up for me?”
“Kay, I don’t know, I’m not sure.”
"Yes or No?"

Happy weekend everyone.

4 Likes

Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 12:52pm On Aug 07, 2021
I’m so much enjoying this…
Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
More Than A Craving
Written by Toyin Taiwo

Chapter 3(continuation)
“Yes or No.” He asked but she didn’t say a word, she was still busy thinking. She wants to stay virgin till she gets married, she and her friend, Temidun had promised each other that. Iwalade who is still in a relationship with Martins now finds herself in the arms of the man she truly love and still clueless.
“Iwa, you are not talking.” He said and she started crying. “Iwalade, you are hurting me, you know I can’t stand seeing you cry.”
“Kay, I love you.” She sobbed.
“I know and I love you too.”
“But why are things complicated with us.”
“I wish I have an answer for that.” He said. His heart broke as Iwalade was crying and shaking in his arms. They were like that for minutes.
“Put on your clothes.” He said as he grabbed his boxers and wore it. She wore back her night dress and he made her sleep on his chest. They later slept off.
The next morning, the door began to bang loudly and continuously, the two were so scared that they jumped out from sleep.
“Open this door.” Martins shouted.
Iwalade looked at Kayode who nudge her to open it, she opened the door then Martins barged in and went straight for Kayode. He pushed him so hard that he hit his head on the wall. The next thing, the two started yelling at each other. Before Iwalade could think of how to stop them, the whole of her hostel mates were already out, the noise actually woke most of them especially those who doesn’t go for lectures on Fridays. Martins kept on yelling despite that people had come in between them to separate them.
“How dare you sleep over at my girlfriend’s place?” Martins came for him again.
“Your so called girlfriend is my childhood friend so just stop babbling and face the fact that you are been tormented by insecurity.” Kayode lashed at him this time.
“Insecurity you say! You have the right to come to my territory and do what exactly?”
“Territory! Think whatever you want, all I know is that you have no right over her. You are just a freaking boyfriend for God’s sake.” Kayode said and Martins hit him in the chest again but the students around quickly come between them.
“At least, I’m her boyfriend.”
“And so, she is not your property and I can assure you, you can’t last another month with her and get this straight into your head, you are just a rebound. She doesn’t love you.” Kayode said and Martins charged at Kayode and punched him in the face. That statement Kayode made hit Martins hard because he knew the guy was right.
“You know what, guy I think you should leave for the sake of peace.” One of the students said to Kayode.
“Did you hear that? Just leave already.” Martins charged at him.
Some of the male students that were around started grumbling to the hearing of Iwalade, some were for her and some against her. One of the guys even said Kayode really got nerve to come and play an ‘away match’ in another man’s territory. One also said that if he was Martins that he would have dealt with him before allowing him go. Among the females in the lodge, one of them said, ‘how will she bring another guy to pass the night with her when she has a potential boyfriend’ while others did not see anything bad in a male paying his female friend a visit. They believe if there’s trust, there’s nothing wrong with it.
Iwalade who had always mind her business in that hostel couldn’t believe that all her hostel mates gathered because of her case and now have the nerve to put their mouth into her private business and she knew quite a number of them who were even triple dating.
The truth is that she was really embarrassed that morning, people gathering in her room to settle matter is already an embarrassment for her and to crown it all, some of them now see her as a cheat, the hostel mates who didn’t know her story or where she was coming from. She just sat on her bed watching every one of them especially Martins who pulled the crowd on them.
Kayode picked his things when some of the guys started advising him that he should leave for the sake of peace.
“Kayode, where are you going, this is my apartment and Martins has no right to get rid of you.” Iwalade said and her hostel mates especially the guys said, she should just allow the guy go.
“Do you guys know who he is to me? I’ve known him all my life and if I want to date him, Martins will not even be here in the first place.”
“Just let him go. Don’t you want this matter to be resolved?” One of them said while Martins was busy bragging on what he will do to him if he stays another minute in that room. Kayode gave Iwalade a look and she got the message, he is leaving.
“Kay.” She called out but he didn’t look back. Kayode left and all her hostel mates left one after the other, some still talking about the matter.
Iwalade couldn’t help but break down into tears after everyone left aside Martins who was in the room with her. He started begging her and trying to make her stop crying but she cried the more.
“Do you know the kind of humiliation you brought upon me and my childhood friend today, just because of your stupid jealousy?”
“You are still defending him, he brought that upon himself.”
“Martins, did you hear yourself, so you enjoyed the shame you brought upon me today.”
“I’m sorry, I never intended to……”
“You never intended to disgrace me abi! What do you expect to happen when you are shouting and banging the door, you expect neighbors to shut themselves inside and pretend as if they did’t hear anything.” Iwalade charged at him.
“I said, I didn’t mean it that way but can you blame me, I’m only protecting what is mine.”
‘Seriously! What is your problem, I chose you over him, what else do you want, I have every right to break up with you and go be with him but I didn’t do it, haven’t I being fair enough.”
“Fair enough! Oh! You didn’t break up with me out of pity, right. I think I get that but you are mine now and I wouldn’t sit back and allow that lowlife snatch my girlfriend.”
“What did you just say, did you just call Kayode a lowlife! Martins, get this straight into your head, you are nothing his match and I mean in everything. In physique, in brilliancy and even the kind of home he came from is what you never had and you will never have. So never, I repeat, never you compare yourself to him.” She lashed at him.
“Really! Did you just say all those words to me and you call yourself my girlfriend. If he is that good, why did you agree to date me in the first place?”
“You just called my childhood friend a lowlife. I only serve you back hot.”
Iwalade stood up and brought out a big hand bag and started packing some of her things in it.
“What are you doing?” Martins asked.
“What does it look like?” She replied back with a question.
“Iwalade, don’t tell me you are going after him.”
“That’s exactly what I’m doing!”
“Iwalade, if you dare go after him, just consider this relationship over.”
“Over you say! So be it.” She zipped up the bag, took her phone and walked towards the door.
“I need to lock my room.”
“Did you hear what I said at all? If you leave this room right now and go after him, this relationship is over.”
“And I said… So! Be! It!” She said and he stood up and left the room angrily. Iwalade stepped outside and locked her door. She headed for the park.
When she got there, she was told that the last bus just left, she had to wait for another two hours before the next bus arrived. She tried Kayode’s number, it was not going through. She decided to wait for the bus; she needed to be in Kayode’s school that very day. Finally, the bus arrived and he took her about another one hour plus before the bus was filled up and then it took off.
Iwalade alighted in front of the University gate, then she flagged down a bike. “King Estate.” She said. That was the name of Kayode’s lodge; he had once mentioned it to her during one of their conversations. The bike man stopped and she mounted the bike.
Iwalade alighted when she got to King Estate; she opened the gate and entered. Kayode’s apartment was the only self contained apartment in the building, the apartment at the front is a flat while Kayode’s apartment was at the back. She got to Kayode’s apartment whose window was close to the front door, she was about to knock but because the whole compound was quiet she was able to detect a funny sound coming from the room. Iwalade decided not to knock but peep through the window instead.
She peeped and she couldn’t believe what she saw. Kayode was on top of a girl and he was busy having an angry sex with her, he was so rough and fast, pushing into her angrily and the lady was weeping. Iwalade was there all through the act and could only pity the lady he was pouring his frustration on, then he ejaculated and the name that came out of his mouth was ‘Iwa.’ He rolled off her and landed on the other side of the bed. Then Iwalade saw her face, she blinked repeatedly, she couldn’t believe her eyes.

4 Likes

Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ann2012:
I’m so much enjoying this…
Uwc ma
Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 11:03pm On Aug 07, 2021
I guess the girl was Temidun….

1 Like

Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by Xeynab(f): 8:51am On Aug 08, 2021
Thanks ma'am
Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
I was not satisfied with the little food OP was dishing so I had to quench my hunger by buying the story on OkadaBooks and I must say….. you’re truly gifted Ma’am

May God continue to perfect your ways!!!
Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by lonesome501(m): 2:08pm On Aug 08, 2021
rachealfst:
Invite:

arabinrin rachealfst is back

1 Like

Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by Missyajoke(f): 2:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
This is dope
Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ann2012:
I guess the girl was Temidun….

You're welcome ma
Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:53pm On Aug 08, 2021
Xeynab:
Thanks ma'am
You are welcome ma
Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:55pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ann2012:
I was not satisfied with the little food OP was dishing so I had to quench my hunger by buying the story on OkadaBooks and I must say….. you’re truly gifted Ma’am

May God continue to perfect your ways!!!
Amen in Jesus name. Thanks so much, God bless you.
Re: More Than A Craving By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:56pm On Aug 08, 2021
lonesome501:
arabinrin rachealfst is back
Yes sir, welcome on board.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Short Story: The Man Is Coming / The Day Jonah Became A Fish! / Start Voting For 'Nairaland Top Writers' For 2020 ***CLOSED***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 202
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.