Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies (61245 Views)

Emilio Ballack's Injuries Were So Severe, Those Who Treated Him Are In Trauma / Emilio Ballack Dies In Quad Bike Accident / Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by HolinessForever: 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
Tragedy as former Chelsea and Germany football legend Michael Ballack's son Emilio, 18, is killed after his 'quad bike tipped backwards and crushed him near one of his father's homes in Portugal'

Emilio Ballack, the teenage son of former Germany and Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack, has died after being crushed by a quad-bike near the family's holiday home in Portugal, according to reports.

The 18-year-old was involved in the accident in the early hours of Thursday morning, where firefighters tried to rescue Emilio near the Villas do Mar estate.

According to Portuguese TV channel TVI24, the tragedy happened in Troia, a peninsular off the coast of Setubal just south of Lisbon, close to the house of Ballack, who retired as a professional footballer in 2012.

Firefighters who were among the emergency services sent to the scene were unable to confirm the dead man was Michael Ballack's son today.

But they revealed the tragedy happened when the quad fell on top of the victim and crushed him on land at the estate where he was staying.

An officer based at Grandola near Troia said: 'I know the dead man was the son of a well-known footballer but I don't have details about who it was.

'The accident happened at the family home. The quad rider wasn't on a public road and his was the only vehicle involved.

'The quad was on an uneven piece of land and at this stage it appears to have gone backwards and as it did fell on top of the victim and crushed him.'

The quad-bike was designed to be used on public roads.

Efforts to revive the youngster at the scene were unsuccessful and he was declared dead at the spot where the accident occurred.

GNR police based in Troia and paramedics were also mobilised. Trained counsellors are said to be helping the dead man’s family, who according to one of the emergency responders were in the house at the time.

The teenager’s body has been taken to the Institute of Forensic Medicine in the city of Santiago de Cacem south of the scene of the accident for a post-mortem.

Ballack has yet to make any official comment about this morning's fatal accident.

Emilio is one of three children of Germany legend Ballack, who married long-term girlfriend Simone Lambe in 2008 before the couple divorced four years later.

He was born in 2002, a year after their eldest son, Louis, and was three years older than Ballack's youngest, Jordi.

On July 25, Emilio's older brother Louis took to Instagram to post about how 'quads were flipped, ferries were missed, taste buds where explored and injuries were common' along with pictures of a day him enjoying down downtime in Troia.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9864747/amp/Michael-Ballacks-son-Emilio-18-killed-quad-bike-crash-holiday-Portugal.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by Joezinho: 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2021
Saddd..

May GOD give the family the fortitude to bear this huge loss...

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by Bigredmachine: 2:36pm On Aug 05, 2021
Eternal rest grant unto him lord and let perpetual light shine upon his soul... RIP son... Olorun nikan loye

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by IfIPerishIPeris: 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2021
A very painful one. Very painful to lose a child. Condolences to the ballacks.

Death has no age limit. The young die . The Old also Die. The greatest gift to our ourselves, and our family is the salvation of our soul through Jesus Christ.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by rottennaija(m): 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2021
This is very painful

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by overdrive(m): 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
Sad

1 Like

Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by DaddyRochie1642: 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
He looks like his dad,

To the Ballack Family, we the Chelsea Football Club fans and supporters all over the world feel your pain.

The Lord is your Strength.

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by nosiebaba(m): 2:49pm On Aug 05, 2021
This is not our portion in Jesus name amen. We will not cast our young in Jesus name o

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by daddytime(m): 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2021
Very tragic news and every parent's worst nightmare.

Condolence Ballack..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by hybrid11(m): 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2021
And na this one resemble em papa well
My prayers are with the family

Rip young lad

2 Likes

Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by AbujaBlue: 7:03pm On Aug 05, 2021
Horrible news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by Ernerstdavid55(m): 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2021
Rip
Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by fourboys: 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2021
Rip young man

1 Like

Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by fourboys: 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by Sebu40: 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
Hello
Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by Dagger111(m): 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
RIP to the dead. So sad. May God not let us bury any of our children while alive. It is a big trauma for the parents and family. Just click the like button to claim, you still can hit the share button if u ain't interested. Love you all.
Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by resenne(f): 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
This is sad. Very sad

5 Likes

Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by IGoComotYaTeeth: 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by Boudiccao: 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
So sad.
Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by MikeMicheal(m): 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
Who will not die?
The issue is how and when.

I dont even care about when I will die, my major concern is how.

That is why I will go out like the brave man that I am.
Choose how and when via (SUICIDE)

I am not putting my death in the hands of any nincompoop or any unplanned circumstance.

1 Like

Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2021
This is sad.
My thoughts and prayers are with the Ballack's family at this difficult period.
Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by Machinegun91(m): 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2021
Hmmmmmm, the blues for life
Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by Temptee101(m): 7:33pm On Aug 05, 2021
RIP young blood.
Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by tiswell(m): 7:33pm On Aug 05, 2021
Rip son

Your dad is a legend

1 Like

Re: Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
Eyah

(1) (2) (Reply)

Switzerland Footballer, Karim Gazzetta Commits Suicide By Jumping From Building / Super Eagles Players Show Off Their Abs At The Beach (Photos) / Fans Excited As Osimhen Dribbles Gattuso In Napoli's Training (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.