Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

I Want To Switch Career, Experienced Programmers Get In - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Switch Career, Experienced Programmers Get In (357 Views)

The Decision Point To Switch Career To Tech And The Second Thought / Programmers Get In Here... / Escrow Payment Services In Nigeria Can Help Freelance Programmers Get More Deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Switch Career, Experienced Programmers Get In by Careeradvice: 1:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
Good afternoon

I have settled to go for a programming course, but I'm a novice in that area even though I'm good with computers. I want to develop myself I'm that area not just for surviving I'm school but for long term purpose. What advice do you have for me as someone into programming?

Is there any programming language I can learn within 6 months that will be able to put food ony table?

I have gotten in touch with NIIT programming school, are they reliable?
What programming language do I opt for?
These are the questions giving me sleepless nights and will be glad if an experienced programmer makes a contribution.

Thank you
Re: I Want To Switch Career, Experienced Programmers Get In by shegzhkn: 9:37pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ok.

What is ur motivation of learning how to code.

Imagine for a minute you've acquired the programming skill, what did you imagine yourself doing with the skill ?? data analysis, web development, embedded systems, scientific computing, mobile app development, etc.

Having a strong why will help you figure out alot of stuff quickly and help you in the long run.
Re: I Want To Switch Career, Experienced Programmers Get In by Bahat: 4:43pm On Aug 07, 2021
You can learn web development using framework, for Frontend as a starter. As you progress you can add some back end such as PHP.

Any website you like the interface or content try to recreate the frontEnd part to know how far you have gone with what you are doing.

After you are satisfied with your just acquired skill, bid for jobs.

If you are smart enough you can learn all this on your own, ask google any question you have. Someone have a solution to your problem.

Use stackoverflow to solve problems as well. Try not be a copy and paste coder.

With time you will be good as you progress.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Website Developer Needed Urgently For Immediate Employment In Abuja / Pls I Need Help On How To Do This On Html / Latest CCNA 200-301 Dumps Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.