Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast (37502 Views)

What Hilda Baci Has Been Cooking For 4 Days To Break Guinness World Record / Woman Sues Mcdonald's After Ad ‘forced’ Her To Eat Big Mac After Going Veggie / "This Is Why I Don't Eat In People's House" - Slay Queen Slammed For Doing This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by hitng(m): 8:02am On Aug 07, 2021

A Russian woman is suing fast-food giant McDonald’s after an advert showing their cheeseburgers allegedly made her break her fast during Lent.

Ksenia Ovchinnikova, from Omsk, Russia, said she was attempting to stay away from meat and other animal products during Lent in 2019 but seeing McDonald’s adverts made her break her fast.

Ovchinnikova claims that she hadn’t eaten meat in a month when McDonald’s adverts for burgers and nuggets made her break her fast in April 2019.

Ovchinnikova is now accusing the fast-food giant of breaking the consumer protection law and insulting her religious feelings. She blames the company for advertising meat and animal products at a time when Christians are refraining from them, and is requesting 1,000 rubles ($14) as compensation for sustained moral damage.

Despite successfully fasting for the past 16 years, Ovchinnikova was not able to resist the adverts and ended up ordering a burger from the nearest McDonald’s restaurant.

“By this point, I had already been fasting for a month, but when I saw an advertising banner, I could not help myself, I visited McDonald’s and bought a cheeseburger,” Ksenia Ovchinnikova wrote in her statement.

“In the actions of McDonald’s, I see a violation of the consumer protection law. I ask the court to investigate and, if a violation has taken place, to oblige McDonald’s LLC to compensate me for moral damage in the amount of one thousand rubles.”

The date of the preliminary hearing on Ovchinnikova’s claim has not yet been set, court sources told Zamoskvoretsky press service, Oddity Central reported.

https://www.hitng.info/woman-sues-mcdonalds-for-putting-up-an-advert-that-tempted-her-to-break-her-fast-during-lent/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by hitng(m): 8:03am On Aug 07, 2021
tjskii

MissyB3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Kriss216: 8:04am On Aug 07, 2021
A Gluttonous vagina saw advert, come lose guard... Now she's blaming MacDonald grin grin

212 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Aboks(m): 8:05am On Aug 07, 2021
OK
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Sebastine1994(m): 8:08am On Aug 07, 2021
which kind world be this

that is why I always have audio evidence of sexual consent before I would be accused of rape

198 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by TheEnygma(m): 8:10am On Aug 07, 2021
Just another broke b!tch looking for a place to leech like a parasite.

128 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by BadEnglish(m): 8:25am On Aug 07, 2021
E be things o. Wetin person no go see for this oyibo ppl hand

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Aidejay(m): 8:39am On Aug 07, 2021
They are so confident in their judicial system that you can sue for the most frivolous things on earth.

Like the man that wanted to sue the Superbowl and jennifer lopez because to him the show caused him to commit sin.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by LordIsaac(m): 8:45am On Aug 07, 2021
A clime where an average lawyer can eat. grin

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Ishilove: 11:29am On Aug 07, 2021
She is suing them for her lack of self control.

128 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by clarocuzioo(m): 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2021
One day, this woman will sue a fine boy for making her wet and offering her kpekus.

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by PCG001: 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2021
вeтween aввa ĸyarι and тнιѕ woмan
can ѕoмeвody тell мe wнo мυмυ paѕѕ❓❓

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by BruncleZuma: 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by sylve11: 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
No need for suing. Just beg McDonald to dash you $14.

Nor be McDonald's fault sha. cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Chijeep(m): 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
K
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by adexeli(m): 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
Orisirisi.... Wetin we nor go see. Whites are equally the smartest and dumbest people on earth grin

Kindly contact me for your DESIGN NEEDS...]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by NaijaGoBetter20: 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
So McDonald force their food on her

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by AOresources: 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
hitng:

A Russian woman is suing fast-food giant McDonald’s after an advert showing their cheeseburgers allegedly made her break her fast during Lent.

Ksenia Ovchinnikova, from Omsk, Russia, said she was attempting to stay away from meat and other animal products during Lent in 2019 but seeing McDonald’s adverts made her break her fast.

Ovchinnikova claims that she hadn’t eaten meat in a month when McDonald’s adverts for burgers and nuggets made her break her fast in April 2019.

Ovchinnikova is now accusing the fast-food giant of breaking the consumer protection law and insulting her religious feelings. She blames the company for advertising meat and animal products at a time when Christians are refraining from them, and is requesting 1,000 rubles ($14) as compensation for sustained moral damage.

Despite successfully fasting for the past 16 years, Ovchinnikova was not able to resist the adverts and ended up ordering a burger from the nearest McDonald’s restaurant.

“By this point, I had already been fasting for a month, but when I saw an advertising banner, I could not help myself, I visited McDonald’s and bought a cheeseburger,” Ksenia Ovchinnikova wrote in her statement.

“In the actions of McDonald’s, I see a violation of the consumer protection law. I ask the court to investigate and, if a violation has taken place, to oblige McDonald’s LLC to compensate me for moral damage in the amount of one thousand rubles.”

The date of the preliminary hearing on Ovchinnikova’s claim has not yet been set, court sources told Zamoskvoretsky press service, Oddity Central reported.

https://www.hitng.info/woman-sues-mcdonalds-for-putting-up-an-advert-that-tempted-her-to-break-her-fast-during-lent/

Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIhaHT8JKBQ
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
Lol... This people and sueing over petty things. grin. And the court gave her audience?

How on Earth was the company suppose to know someone was fasting somewhere? Was she forced to look at the advert?

Incredibly interesting!

5 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by omoregie7968: 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
Lol
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Nikeruka(m): 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
alatenuje, onijekuje

3 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Asgard73: 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
For naija buhari go change am for you..
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by cosse(m): 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
If an naija this one happen..you Qld Av been hearing trash like "black man and religion"

10 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by alizma: 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
This gender is something else

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Tension532: 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
Nawa o,white people are dumb man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by INCREDIBLE007(m): 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
she nor go win
grin
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Sonnobax15(m): 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
grin
Oyinbo people just like to dey take pleasure in madness... Especially something wey we africans go reason as insane...
Just imagine the kind nonsense excuse wey she even give self.

Chaiiii....Madam,them advertise am but e no mean say dem force am put for your mouth na undecided
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by Firstorderwizard(m): 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
I see
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by ChasinGood(m): 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Hey Mcdonald,see what you made this gender do
grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by zabuur: 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Soon Nairalanders would use this against FG. Claiming this is a country with rights
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by BarrElChapo(m): 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
I'd love to prepare the counterclaim to this suit. That's why lawyers are making a killing in the west grin
Re: Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast by RedEnergy: 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
grin That's like a thief saying he went into a bank and saw them counting money, so he was tempted to rob and then robbed them. Later he now wants to sue the bank for counting money grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

As Usual. White Rice With Vegetable Stew. No Time! / 20 Of The World's Best, Mouthwatering Soups. Banga Soup Is No 1 (Photos) / Big Python Killed In My Neighborhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.