Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,227 members, 7,842,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

For The Original Igbos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For The Original Igbos (941 Views)

This Is Nimrod, The Original Father Christmas / For The Original Igbos / The Meaning Of The Original Gospel Of Being Bornagain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Original Igbos by Spunkyempire: 5:57pm On Aug 07, 2021
Your Chi is your Personal Lord and Savior, umu Igbo "Uwa bu onye na chi ya"... don't be decieved!!!

Always go too far, because that's where you'll find the truth.

Join odi na Ani Igbo WhatsApp group and discover the truth today.

https:///KxEa61N66uOClDroizD2BcL
Re: For The Original Igbos by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On Aug 07, 2021
Spunkyempire:
Your Chi is your Personal Lord and Savior, umu Igbo "Uwa bu onye na chi ya"... don't be decieved!!!

Always go too far, because that's where you'll find the truth.

Join odi na Ani Igbo WhatsApp group and discover the truth today.

https:///KxEa61N66uOClDroizD2BcL
You mean your alusi is your personal Lord and saviour, right? undecided

Re: For The Original Igbos by Spunkyempire: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2021
SMH...my chi is my Lord and personal Savior bro.
Re: For The Original Igbos by Kobojunkie: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2021
Spunkyempire:
SMH...my chi is my Lord and personal Savior bro.
And by your Chi, you mean , your Alusi then. undecided
Re: For The Original Igbos by Spunkyempire: 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2021
Seems you're not from Igbo, Alusi/Arusi means diety.

Maybe you should look for the meaning of CHI
Re: For The Original Igbos by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2021
Spunkyempire:
Seems you're not from Igbo, Alusi/Arusi means diety.

Maybe you should look for the meaning of CHI
You dont need to be from a particular culture or group to know their beliefs and meanings that apply. undecided

If your access to your Chi-ukwu not through an Alusi? An Alusi, as explained is a channel by which messages are related to the main source, is it no? Hence a god of sorts, right? undecided
Re: For The Original Igbos by Spunkyempire: 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You dont need to be from a particular culture or group to know their beliefs and meanings that apply. undecided

If your access to your Chi-ukwu not through an Alusi? An Alusi, as explained is a channel by which messages are related to the main source, is it no? Hence a god of sorts, right? undecided

Ok you don't access chi-ukwu through a diety bro...that brings me to the topic; CHI is my Lord and personal Savior.
Re: For The Original Igbos by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2021
Spunkyempire:

Ok you don't access chi-ukwu through a diety bro...that brings me to the topic; CHI is my Lord and personal Savior.
Then the one you call CHI is not according to igbo belief - the Odinani or omenala - is it? undecided
Re: For The Original Igbos by Spunkyempire: 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Then the one you call CHI is not according to igbo belief - the Odinani or omenala - is it? undecided

Ok sir...Chi is the personal spirit of a person (ḿmúọ́). Assigned to you by Chi-ukwu okike.

So where's Alusi in my explanation?
Re: For The Original Igbos by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2021
Spunkyempire:

Ok sir...Chi is the personal spirit of a person (ḿmúọ́). Assigned to you by Chi-ukwu okike.
So where's Alusi in my explanation?
You are rewriting the script now, aren't you? undecided
According to the Odinani/Omenala, Mmuos are defined differently. undecided

Mmuo is a broad class of minor spirits or divinities manifesting in natural elements under the class of elder divinities with major cults. Feminine mmuo inhabit earth and water and masculine mmuo inhabit fire and air.[14] This class can be broken down by the alusi, serviceable mmuo, agwu are related to unusual and deranged human behaviours, these spirits interact with human in a capricious nature that often makes them dangerous.[14][57] Other cult deities exist around Igboland such as Njoku Ji, yam and fire deity overseeing agriculture, Idemili, 'the pillar of water', the female alusi based in Idemili North and South who holds up the waters, and Mkpataku the 'bringer of wealth' or 'coming in of wealth'.[15][21] In addition to minor spirits there are evil wondering spirits of wrong doers called ogbonuke.[28]
So, how did you come about each person having their own personal mmuo as you claim? undecided
Re: For The Original Igbos by Spunkyempire: 7:16pm On Aug 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, how did you come about each person having their own personal mmuo as you claim? undecided

Please what's the meaning of "mmuo"?
Re: For The Original Igbos by Kobojunkie: 7:18pm On Aug 07, 2021
Spunkyempire:

Please what's the meaning of "mmuo"?
Read my last comment to find out. undecided
Re: For The Original Igbos by leofab(f): 2:29am On Aug 08, 2021
Mmuo is spirit
Re: For The Original Igbos by Spunkyempire: 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2021
leofab:
Mmuo is spirit

Thank you, I don't know why he wants to bring arusi/alusi
Re: For The Original Igbos by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Aug 09, 2021
Spunkyempire:

Thank you, I don't know why he wants to bring arusi/alusi
What does the text below say?

Mmuo is a broad class of minor spirits or divinities manifesting in natural elements under the class of elder divinities with major cults. Feminine mmuo inhabit earth and water and masculine mmuo inhabit fire and air.[14] This class can be broken down by the alusi, serviceable mmuo, agwu are related to unusual and deranged human behaviours, these spirits interact with human in a capricious nature that often makes them dangerous .[14][57] Other cult deities exist around Igboland such as Njoku Ji, yam and fire deity overseeing agriculture, Idemili, 'the pillar of water', the female alusi based in Idemili North and South who holds up the waters, and Mkpataku the 'bringer of wealth' or 'coming in of wealth'.[15][21] In addition to minor spirits there are evil wondering spirits of wrong doers called ogbonuke.[28]
Re: For The Original Igbos by Spunkyempire: 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What does the text below say?

SMH...mmuo is a general term for spirits.

My Chi is a spirit.

Alusi is a spirit

Chukwu okike is a spirit

Then I said my Chi is my Lord and personal Savior. So why the stress?

My Chi is assigned to me by Chukwu okike and I acknowledge them... Alusi is a spirit but I didn't involve it in the post.
Re: For The Original Igbos by Spunkyempire: 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:

What some of you call "guardian angel".
Re: For The Original Igbos by Kobojunkie: 8:12pm On Aug 10, 2021
Spunkyempire:

What some of you call "guardian angel".
Guardian angels are a form of alusi's, idols that people believe in , in addition. undecided
Re: For The Original Igbos by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On Aug 10, 2021
Spunkyempire:

SMH...mmuo is a general term for spirits.
My Chi is a spirit.
Alusi is a spirit
Chukwu okike is a spirit
Then I said my Chi is my Lord and personal Savior. So why the stress?
My Chi is assigned to me by Chukwu okike and I acknowledge them... Alusi is a spirit but I didn't involve it in the post.
According to the Odinani, the Chi is not a personal spirit of any kind.
Ọdịnala (Igbo: Ọ̀dị̀nàlà), also Ọdịnanị, Ọdịlalị or Ọdịlala, comprises the traditional religious practices and cultural beliefs of the Igbo people of southern Nigeria.[1] Ọdịnanị has monotheistic and panentheistic attributes, having a single God as the source of all things. Although a pantheon of spirits exists⸺these being Ala, Amadiọha, Anyanwụ, Ekwensu, Ikenga, these are lesser spirits prevalent in Ọdịnanị expressly serving as elements of Chineke (or Chukwu), the supreme being or high God.[2]
Chineke is a compound word encompassing the concept of chí is the creator (nà) is a verb meaning 'that' while ékè means create. Chineke therefore means the Creator or the God that created all things.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odinani
Re: For The Original Igbos by Spunkyempire: 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
According to the Odinani, the Chi is not a personal spirit of any kind.

Stop any Igbo and ask them what they understand by chi.

(1) (Reply)

BEWARE ! :the Spirit Of Stagnation Is Connected To The Spirits Of Fear And Shame / Peace Of Jerusalem / Archbishop Peter Akinola Is In Time's 100 Most Influential People 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.