Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,529 members, 7,823,308 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street (54252 Views)

Somalian Woman Shot In Clitoris By Stray Bullet While Sitting In Her Living Room / 27-year-old South African Woman Shot Dead By Her Boyfriend Of One Week / #ENDSARS: Woman Shot Dead In Awka By Army (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by Cromagnon: 7:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
decatalyst:
When there are too much uncontrolled rights in a country or society, this is what you get.

No freedom in the true sense of it.
so you prefer bondage?
Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by Cromagnon: 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Nonsense. Did you read the story. Eveybody knows who the shooter is. Also NYPD are quick in solving murders, contrary to your statement
83% of crimes go unsolved. Forget American propaganda. Plenty cold cases
Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I live in Nigeria. I've schooled there and i do visit at least once in a year too. I only shared what I saw with my eyes, not what I read or what someone narrated to me. That it rarely happens where you live doesn't mean
lying. Maybe you live in one of white dominated states. My friends and cousins who live in TX are living witnesses too. Watch crime TV, maybe you'd reason differently. Same scenarios everywhere. If you live in NY, you'd understand better.Right in my presence at Washington Bridge Station, it happened. See how people scampered for safety. It was this black guy who fired a shot. Thankfully, his victim was rushed to the hospital as EMS came to his rescue. The whites and Hispanic instance you gave is also there but na follow dem dey follow black for back in crime.

I guess the numerous mass shootings done by Whites and the brutal, execution style murders committed by Hispanic MS13 members pales in comparison.

Next topic!
Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by FreeIgboho: 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2021
Cromagnon:
83% of crimes go unsolved. Forget American propaganda. Plenty cold cases

So mention one prominent murder of recent that NYPD has not solved. In Naija, for example, 90% of the prominent people killed by UGM or Fulani have not been solved.
Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by Parisian: 2:29pm On Aug 10, 2021
The bolded says it all - quick dispatch of justice.

Many if these ruthless killers are unapologetic about it. You see some of them laughing at the victims families in court during sentencing saying they'd do it again and again.

If there was some form of inhumane punishment attached to violent crimes they'd think twice before committing such heinous crimes and crime rates will reduce.
Staccato001:

I quite understand it's sad to watch many death row inmates having stayed for several years, dying daily at the sound of a jailer's footsteps approaching their cells. But then the brazenness and defiance they sometimes used when committing this capital offences are out of the ordinary.

There need to be a quick despatch of justice to assuage the victims families too.
Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by Parisian: 2:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
I don't know about NYPD but it's a fact that most murders go unsolved in America and that's not even up for debate.

In Jacksonville for example and that's the biggest city in Florida, about 70% of murders go unsolved.
FreeIgboho:

So mention one prominent murder of recent that NYPD has not solved. In Naija, for example, 90% of the prominent people killed by UGM or Fulani have not been solved.
Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by FreeIgboho: 3:06pm On Aug 10, 2021
Parisian:
I don't know about NYPD but it's a fact that most murders go unsolved in America and that's not even up for debate.

Most murders don't go unsolved in US. See below

Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by Staccato001: 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2021
Parisian:
The bolded says it all - quick dispatch of justice.

Many if these ruthless killers are unapologetic about it. You see some of them laughing at the victims families in court during sentencing saying they'd do it again and again.

If there was some form of inhumane punishment attached to violent crimes they'd think twice before committing such heinous crimes and crime rates will reduce.

Absolutely, it surely will reduce with stringent punishment.

1 Like

Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by engrelvis(m): 6:51am On Aug 11, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Oga, mention one prominent murder of recent that NYPD has not solved.
V u left d shores of dis country once? Don't rely on everything u watch on TV n google.Am nt small boy( almost 50).i don waka for dis world bro.
Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by Kentorkey: 2:29pm On Aug 11, 2021
peacettw:
I said this last year and people thought I was speaking out of turn. I will repeat it again for good measure. There is an association between covid 19 and violence. The world is becoming more dangerous to live in.
How was it? A Quiet Place 2
Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by mrkings84(m): 3:54pm On Aug 11, 2021
MufasaLion:

Do you even know what an accomplice means or you just wanna showcase your ignorance?

Abeg who is in accomplice?
And how did I show ignorance?
Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by FreeIgboho: 3:55pm On Aug 11, 2021
engrelvis:
V u left d shores of dis country once? Don't rely on everything u watch on TV n google.Am nt small boy( almost 50).i don waka for dis world bro.

See below

Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by MufasaLion: 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2021
mrkings84:

Abeg who is in accomplice?
And how did I show ignorance?

Go read the story again and re-read your comment if it tallies.
Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by peacettw: 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2021
Kentorkey:

It's not on Netflix. Trying to see if I can download it elsewhere

1 Like

Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by peacettw: 9:14pm On Aug 11, 2021
Kentorkey:

It's not on Netflix. Trying to see if I can download it elsewhere.

Since we are exchanging movie titles.. I recommend the following series

Modern family
Never have i ever
Breaking bad
The man from earth (part 1)
Pose
Blacklist

1 Like

Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by peacettw: 7:54am On Aug 12, 2021
Kentorkey:

Finally watched it and these are my thoughts..

I don't like it. Not one bit. The movie reminded me a lot about another movie Edge of Tomorrow which funny enough also starred Emily Blunt. Checked the years both movies were produced and found out the later was made in 2014.

Though both movies had the same theme, Edge of tomorrow was better made and remains one of my best extra terrestrial movies. I can't say the same for quiet place 2. Had to fast forward a lot of scenes and the climax was just flat.

The acting, save for Emily Blunt of course, was subpar at best. At some point, I figured that the issue must lie in the way the movie was directed. Checked the name of the director and he turned out to be John Krasinski, the father of the mute girl who died early on in the movie (which explains a lot cos most actors of his rating won't sign on to any movie that will lead to their death in the first few minutes). John Krasinski also happens to be the husband to Emily Blunt which in my opinion must be the sole reason she took on this project that was mediocre at best. The woman literally had no choice.

I went through the score ratings for the movie just to see if it was just me and the numbers appeared to be okay which frankly is shocking. I concluded that either the ratings must have been bought or the people who genuinely gave it top marks are yet to understand what a good movie should look like.

You must watch Edge of Tomorrow and when you do, let me know what you think.

1 Like

Re: CCTV Show How A Woman Shot Another Woman To Death On A Busy Street by Kentorkey: 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2021
peacettw:

Finally watched it and these are my thoughts..

I don't like it. Not one bit. The movie reminded me a lot about another movie Edge of Tomorrow which funny enough also starred Emily Blunt. Checked the years both movies were produced and found out the later was made in 2014.

Though both movies had the same theme, Edge of tomorrow was better made and remains one of my best extra terrestrial movies. I can't say the same for quiet place 2. Had to fast forward a lot of scenes and the climax was just flat.

The acting, save for Emily Blunt of course, was subpar at best. At some point, I figured that the issue must lie in the way the movie was directed. Checked the name of the director and he turned out to be John Krasinski, the father of the mute girl who died early on in the movie (which explains a lot cos most
Alright, Well said. We are entitled to our opinion. On EOT, I will have to do a rewatch. Last time i saw it was 2015. I didn't finish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abia School Gang-Rape: Virgin Girls Separated From Non-Virgins, Raped & Injured / Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead / Woman Found Dead, Man Unconscious Inside Office In Aba (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.