Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion (13268 Views)

Who Is Using Avast Secureline VPN ? (share Your Experience) / Urgent!!!!!!! Avast Antiviruse Activation Code Or Licence File / Urgent!!!!!!! Avast Antiviruse Activation Code Or Licence File (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by OLULAW: 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2021
Changes nothing in your fncked up country.
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by chloride6: 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2021
Won't be more than 20% cash deal...

Nice one though...
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by careytommy37(m): 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2021
Antivirus still exists?
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by SmartPolician: 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
madridguy:
See money shocked on tech and here in my country our leaders are still dragging over Oil cheesy

Yes, there's money in tech but the company has been in business long enough to have such money. There's money in oil too.

1 Like

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by chloride6: 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
OneKinGuy:
who still uses Norton or avast

Windows Defender is all you need nowadays. To spice things up, you can just use Malwarebyte.

I swear...I don't use antivirus...

Responsible web surfing plus no removable media is all you need.

Stop slowing down your computer..

1 Like

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Jackbaur88: 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2021
The free online version of Avast used to be very active then, all of a sudden, it stopped working as you have to pay to have it function.
I never know these cyber security tech companies are this big.
Tech is American and American is tech.
Imagine the owners of these tech companies are so rich yet they are not known, but here in Nigeria, someone will just get some 10million Dollars, will start ranting all over the Internet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by mountmoriah(m): 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2021
LaserWr:
Tech is the blood money after politics cool
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by FILEBE(m): 12:57pm On Aug 11, 2021
OneKinGuy:

Windows Defender is all you need nowadays. To spice things up, you can just use Malwarebyte.

Exactly. It was then one would be looking for strong antivirus up and down. Kaspersky, Avira, AVG etc. Then ,Free Smadav came along and became my personal best . Light weight and fast.

Then, Windows 10 came and I found no need for other antivirus. It just does its job. But wait, it is me or is it that viruses are not longer a thing as it was in the past on PCs?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Hier(m): 12:57pm On Aug 11, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
Between the white man and black man
Who is more religious?
The black man

If the black man is more religious
Yet has NOTHING to offer the world.
No technology
No invention
No Science

The only way Africans will be liberated is when they break free from the chains of religion.

This new generation of Nigerians are rebels. They are the ones that will dedtory Christianity.
In 20 years to come, Christianity will decrease drastically in Nigeria.
It's only our parents generation that took church to their head.
They will all die out and be replaced by a new generation that is fully aware of the evils of organised religion.
I love the new generation of youths
They are rebelling against their parents old ways of thinking.
Parents that are still stuck in 1970's

Christiainity would grow massive in the next twenty years

P.S
Jesus said we are the light of the earth, Jesus also said we are the salt of the earth, Christains are value creater and there are more to come in 20years time

2 Likes

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by GreatrAnalyst: 12:57pm On Aug 11, 2021
It is allowed.
It is US.
Big fish must swallow small fish.
It is IT world.
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Fiscabally(m): 12:59pm On Aug 11, 2021
Damn!
N3,292,639,888,000.00
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Kokaine(m): 12:59pm On Aug 11, 2021
TroubleMaker47:
Mehn. I always thought Avast was bigger than Norton
same here. Avast looks more popular

2 Likes

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by muller101(m): 12:59pm On Aug 11, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
Who is more religious?
The black man

No technology
No invention
No Science

The only way Africans will be liberated is when they break free from the chains of religion.

This new generation of Nigerians are rebels. They are the ones that will dedtory Christianity.
They will all die out and be replaced by a new generation that is fully aware of the evils of organised religion.
You that is not religious. Also a black man. What have you offered the world.

3 Likes

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Alphasoar(m): 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2021
Capitalist movement. Americans hate competition
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Llight101(m): 1:02pm On Aug 11, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
Who is more religious?
The black man

No technology
No invention
No Science

Hmmmmmmmmmm
I see Islam going 6ft down in the next 3yrs .....
Don't give your life to Christ and be making noise. Well, what should we expect from a sultan boy
All these killer Terrorists of a damned religion

1 Like

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by LordReed(m): 1:03pm On Aug 11, 2021
This is not good news. Norton AV is crap, Avast that we used to manage will now become integrated into the Norton ecosystem which is likely to lead it to becoming crap as well. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Hier(m): 1:05pm On Aug 11, 2021
Llight101:

Hmmmmmmmmmm
I see Islam going 6ft down in the next 3yrs .....
Don't give your life to Christ and be making noise. Well, what should we expect from a sultan boy
All these killer Terrorists of a damned religion

Very funny lol, the guy was attacking only Christianity, he must be one of those jihadist I guess grin grin grin
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Befii: 1:07pm On Aug 11, 2021
I believe u die.
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Kennyking1234: 1:07pm On Aug 11, 2021
Why!! I hate Norton.
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by blacknoir: 1:17pm On Aug 11, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
Who is more religious?
The black man

No technology
No invention
No Science

Not even the gates of hell can prevail over the true church of God.their is a difference between spirituality and religiosity, sadly most Africans and Nigerians especially are too religious ,I.e both Christians and muslims. We would rather give to our place of worship than to give to the poor or needy. Also some extremist go to the extent of prohibiting western education by saying it is evil,they don't know that must of the technologies that we benefit massively today came almost all from western societies and their education. However not every1 is like that. My believe is in everything God has his part to play ,I also have my part to play as well. Someone once wrote the divine and the human cooperation is the most natural thing. We must however break from the chains of religion and strive to better ourselfs. The reason we have not progressed is because we have left everything to prayers ,no one wants to work to find a solution,everything is PRAY.the bible says it is the glory of God to conceal a matter but the glory of kings to search it out.

1 Like

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by drightguy(m): 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2021
All along we have been putting Norton Av on the background while fronting Avast as the best.

Irony of life.
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by jboixxx: 1:29pm On Aug 11, 2021
OneKinGuy:

Avast back in the days but now, WD is quite ok for PCs.

1 Like

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by OneKinGuy(m): 1:30pm On Aug 11, 2021
FILEBE:

Exactly. It was then one would be looking of strong antivirus up and down. Kaspersky, Avira, AVG etc. Then Free Smadav came along and became my personal best . Light weight and fast.

Then Windows 10 came and I found no need for other antivirus. It just does it job. But wait, it is me or is it that viruses are not longer a thing as it was in the past on PCs?
Viruses is still a thing tho especially when users download malicious software/files online. Normally, if they use windows 10 & newer versions, It should be able to detect it.

People who should be paying extra money for antivirus are Big companies or people who perform lots of financial transactions or data hoarders to avoid Ransomeware.
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by Plut01: 1:30pm On Aug 11, 2021

As expected.

One of the benefit of Starting and operating in a Capitalist society. It gives you the economic advantage of buying off your competitors Instead of wasting your time competing.

Well done Norton!

1 Like

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by realray(m): 1:32pm On Aug 11, 2021
blacknoir:

Not even the gates of hell can prevail over the true church of God.their is a difference between spirituality and religiosity, sadly most Africans and Nigerians especially are too religious ,I.e both Christians and muslims. We would rather give to our place of worship than to give to the poor or needy. Also some extremist go to the extent of prohibiting western education by saying it is evil,they don't know that must of the technologies that we benefit massively today came almost all from western societies and their education. However not every1 is like that. My believe is in everything God has his part to play ,I also have my part to play as well. Someone once wrote the divine and the human cooperation is the most natural thing. We must however break from the chains of religion and strive to better ourselfs. The reason we have not progressed is because we have left everything to prayers ,no one wants to work to find a solution,everything is PRAY.the bible says it is the glory of God to conceal a matter but the glory of kings to search it out.

don't mind him jare..... JESUS CHRIST IS THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOR EVER.....

2 Likes

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by shadeyinka(m): 1:32pm On Aug 11, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
Who is more religious?
The black man

No technology
No invention
No Science

Its a while I've seen such a myopic level of thinking.

Since money has been found to be the leading motivation for crime, lets stop the CBN from issuing out money and we shall all live in bliss!

2 Likes

Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by OneKinGuy(m): 1:32pm On Aug 11, 2021
chloride6:

I swear...I don't use antivirus...

Responsible web surfing plus no removable media is all you need.

Stop slowing down your computer..
Yeah, I also recommend Unlock Origin extention. It's available for both chrome and Firefox.
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by realray(m): 1:33pm On Aug 11, 2021
Love Avast so much, that's what am currently Using...
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by nosmassam(m): 1:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
God when will I have dis money as mine , in my account Jesus
Re: Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion by bizzibodi(m): 1:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
That is madness!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do Nigerians Afford The N16,000 Per Month Internet Bill. This Is Like $160 / Let's buy your UK Used and Nigeria Used Laptops ( Terms and Conditions) / Grade1 Uk Hp450g2 5th Gen Core I3 @115k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.