Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,512 members, 7,865,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:01 PM

169 Killed, 191 Hospitalised As Cholera Ravages Kano Lgas (photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 169 Killed, 191 Hospitalised As Cholera Ravages Kano Lgas (photos) (590 Views)

FCT On Alert As Cholera Kills Seven, 91 Infected / COVID-19: US Records 1,169 Deaths In 24 Hours — Highest Single-Day Toll Globally / 61 Dead, 50 Hospitalised As Cholera Outbreak Hits Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

169 Killed, 191 Hospitalised As Cholera Ravages Kano Lgas (photos) by LiteratureClass: 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2021
Before you read the news, I paid a visit to Kano and two people died of cholera in the neighbourhood. Many people are afraid and getting indoor. I'm really sad because I know one of the man personally and I attended his church anytime I'm in Kano. He is a pastor. The Cholera outbreak in Kano is under-reported. A lot of people are dying.

Now the news:

…We’re working tirelessly to arrest situation – Govt

By Bashir Bello, Kano

The death toll of persons who lost their lives to the Cholera outbreak that ravages 41 out of 44 Local Government areas of Kano State has risen to 169.

The Director of Public Health, Kano State Ministry of Health, Dr Ashiru Rajab who confirmed this in an interview with newsmen said the casualties were recorded within the last three months in the state.

Dr Rajab said about 191 persons affected were currently receiving treatments in various health facilities in the state.
The Director was also quick to say the government is working tirelessly to arrest and address the situation.

According to him, “We have recorded 5,221 cases in the last three months. About 4,860 were treated and discharged. Currently, we have 191 active cases in different facilities across the State, while 169 deaths were recorded across the 41 Local Government Areas of the state.
“Kano State Government had embarked on massive sensitization and enlightenment campaign to the general populace especially the Rural Dwellers on measures needed to be implored in maintaining environmental and personal hygiene to avoid outbreaks.
“Similarly, the Government had provided the needed medications such as fluids, drugs and other essential facilities in government hospitals geared towards addressing the menace,” Dr Rajab however stated.

Source: Vanguard
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/169-killed-191-hospitalised-as-cholera-ravages-kano-lgas/

Re: 169 Killed, 191 Hospitalised As Cholera Ravages Kano Lgas (photos) by Fahdiga(m): 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
Only in the north
Re: 169 Killed, 191 Hospitalised As Cholera Ravages Kano Lgas (photos) by emvicks2(m): 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
LiteratureClass:
Before you read the news, I paid a visit to Kano and two people died of cholera in the neighbourhood. Many people are afraid and getting indoor. I'm really sad because I know one of the man personally and I attended his church anytime I'm in Kano. He is a pastor. The Cholera outbreak in Kano is under-reported. A lot of people are dying.

Now the news:

…We’re working tirelessly to arrest situation – Govt

By Bashir Bello, Kano

The death toll of persons who lost their lives to the Cholera outbreak that ravages 41 out of 44 Local Government areas of Kano State has risen to 169.

The Director of Public Health, Kano State Ministry of Health, Dr Ashiru Rajab who confirmed this in an interview with newsmen said the casualties were recorded within the last three months in the state.

Dr Rajab said about 191 persons affected were currently receiving treatments in various health facilities in the state.
The Director was also quick to say the government is working tirelessly to arrest and address the situation.

According to him, “We have recorded 5,221 cases in the last three months. About 4,860 were treated and discharged. Currently, we have 191 active cases in different facilities across the State, while 169 deaths were recorded across the 41 Local Government Areas of the state.
“Kano State Government had embarked on massive sensitization and enlightenment campaign to the general populace especially the Rural Dwellers on measures needed to be implored in maintaining environmental and personal hygiene to avoid outbreaks.
“Similarly, the Government had provided the needed medications such as fluids, drugs and other essential facilities in government hospitals geared towards addressing the menace,” Dr Rajab however stated.

Source: Vanguard
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/169-killed-191-hospitalised-as-cholera-ravages-kano-lgas/

Very bad
Re: 169 Killed, 191 Hospitalised As Cholera Ravages Kano Lgas (photos) by GardenOfGod(m): 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
May the Lord send His word and heal their diseases... Amen.
Re: 169 Killed, 191 Hospitalised As Cholera Ravages Kano Lgas (photos) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2021
But Ganduje is building first class hospitals.
Re: 169 Killed, 191 Hospitalised As Cholera Ravages Kano Lgas (photos) by richidinho(m): 2:43pm On Aug 11, 2021
Jisos shocked shocked
Re: 169 Killed, 191 Hospitalised As Cholera Ravages Kano Lgas (photos) by Tinubuadvocate: 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2021
That's not good news at all please arrest the situation as quick as you can .
Re: 169 Killed, 191 Hospitalised As Cholera Ravages Kano Lgas (photos) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2021
41 out of 44 lga? Ganduje better bring out all those dollars he hid in his barbariga to build hospitals for the sick.
Re: 169 Killed, 191 Hospitalised As Cholera Ravages Kano Lgas (photos) by Acjohn(m): 2:47pm On Aug 11, 2021
Oyibo go call am covid-cholera so that make fear push ppl go take vaccine
Re: 169 Killed, 191 Hospitalised As Cholera Ravages Kano Lgas (photos) by Totilopussylick(m): 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
Rip to the dead.

Quick recovery to the affected ones.
Re: 169 Killed, 191 Hospitalised As Cholera Ravages Kano Lgas (photos) by habsydiamond(m): 3:01pm On Aug 11, 2021
I still don't understand the usefulness of these politicians from the north. They are the major in the combine houses and yet they are the most affected with diseases that has to do with bad hygiene... Can they provide pipe borne water for their people... The poverty rate in that region is almost of the entire population of these country... What are their leaders doing.. With all the allocations, palliatives and so on... They must have been diverting all these funds to something else.
Re: 169 Killed, 191 Hospitalised As Cholera Ravages Kano Lgas (photos) by LiteratureClass: 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2021
too bad
Re: 169 Killed, 191 Hospitalised As Cholera Ravages Kano Lgas (photos) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
Corrupt politicians
Re: 169 Killed, 191 Hospitalised As Cholera Ravages Kano Lgas (photos) by silvoclaira: 5:21am On Aug 19, 2021
sad

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know That A Woman's Age Determines The Level Of Her Fertility / Get More Educated And Enlightened On Health Related Issues / Nigeria Report First Swine Flu Related Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.