Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,104 members, 7,845,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

What You Need To Know Before Travelling To The UAE From Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What You Need To Know Before Travelling To The UAE From Ghana (1004 Views)

Nigerian Man Shares Touching Story Of His Journey And Hustle In The UAE. / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Need To Know Before Travelling To The UAE From Ghana by hwu2015(m): 8:06am On Aug 12, 2021
As of today, there’s no flight from Nigeria to the UAE. To make it worse, if you’ve been to

Nigeria, in the last 14 days, you won’t be allowed entry to the UAE, meaning if you plan to visit Dubai or any of the emirates, you must have spent more than 14 days in another country apart from South Africa and India. It was quite hard to comprehend when I heard the news in February. The easiest way for us to come back to the UAE was through Ghana. I thought the process would be daunting; it would have been a lot easier if I saw a post like this. Now I’m back in the UAE; it was quite fun in retrospect.

To avoid being stranded in Nigeria, acquaint yourself with the following tips if you plan to go through Ghana as I did.

1. Book a direct flight from Abuja or Lagos to Ghana, which is more convenient than indirect flights.

2. Go for your Covid test at least two days before your flight and print out your covid test result because the digital copy isn’t accepted at the airport. I did mine at Everight diagnostic, Wuse.

3. Book a hotel close to the airport for an easy commute to the mall and the airport. I stayed at Ibis Styles Accra Airport. There are other hotels close to the airport, such as Marriot and Holiday INN.

4. If you are an ECOWAS citizen, you will pay 50 dollars for another covid test on arrival at Kotoka Airport Ghana; otherwise, you’ll pay 150 dollars. Again, this may be subject to change, so contact the airport before you travel.

5. Fill the Ghana Health Declaration Form before travelling to avoid delay at Kotoka Airport Ghana. Click on the link to fill the form GHS-HDF.

6. On the 14th day of your stay, go for another Covid test in one of the designated clinics. If you stay close to the airport, you can do the test in the Airport clinic. You can always confirm that with the airline. When the result is ready, you will need to collect a test certificate from the clinic. Be sure to go along with your payment receipt or passport for identification.

7. There is an Emirates Airline office on the 7th floor of Moevenpick hotel Accra if you wish to buy your ticket yourself. Otherwise, your travel agent can do the needful.

8. Travel with sufficient cash; your ATM card may disgrace you�� , or the card might be stuck in the machine. We had an ugly experience, but thank God; the card was returned even though it was more than a week later�.

9. Additionally, you’ll need to keep the following receipts and documents as you might need them at the airport: boarding pass from Nigeria to Ghana, hotel booking and receipt, covid test result from Nigeria, covid test result on arrival in Ghana, covid test result on the 14th day in Ghana and evidence of payment, any other document to prove you stayed in Ghana for more than 14 days.

10. If you are travelling with a baby/toddler, have things to make them busy because IT WASN’T EASY WHEN I TRAVELLED WITH MY SON.

Initially, I wanted to go through Cotonou, Benin, but after various considerations such as the language barrier, and the fact that I am more familiar with Ghana, the most convenient option was to use Emirates Airlines from Ghana. I don’t know about the various ports of entry and indirect flights to the UAE; this post is basically about my experience. If you plan to travel to the UAE from Nigeria, there are various countries to travel to, but Ghana and Benin are the closest countries to Nigeria.If you plan to travel anytime soon, be prepared for the heat.It can be really hot in the UAE, especially between the month of may to October. Besides the intensity of the sun, the humidity is a major problem, because it makes it difficult for sweat to evaporate leaving our bodies feeling hot and sticky. To cool off, our bodies must work even harder.check here for more information on how to survive the heat http://gracefulifestyle.com/expert-advice-on-surviving-the-heat-in-the-uae/

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know Before Travelling To The UAE From Ghana by Flairoqy(m): 8:17am On Aug 12, 2021
Do I need a visa to travel through Ghana? If yes how do I apply for a visa for someone visiting for the first time?

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know Before Travelling To The UAE From Ghana by fati2001(m): 8:19am On Aug 12, 2021
UP NAIJA THE GIANT OF AFRICA.

see as unah cast the nation everywhere, giving her bad image...

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know Before Travelling To The UAE From Ghana by hwu2015(m): 8:29am On Aug 12, 2021
Flairoqy:
Do I need a visa to travel through Ghana? If yes how do I apply for a visa for someone visiting for the first time?

No you don't need a visa to travel to Ghana. I'm assuming you are from Nigeria.
Re: What You Need To Know Before Travelling To The UAE From Ghana by Flairoqy(m): 8:37am On Aug 12, 2021
hwu2015:

No you don't need a visa to travel to Ghana. I'm assuming you are from Nigeria.
Yes, I’m from Nigeria, thanks for the tips

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know Before Travelling To The UAE From Ghana by hwu2015(m): 8:40am On Aug 12, 2021
Flairoqy:

Yes, I’m from Nigeria, thanks for the tips
You are welcome.
Re: What You Need To Know Before Travelling To The UAE From Ghana by Limassol(m): 8:40am On Aug 12, 2021
I guess the travel ban is because of covid right?

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know Before Travelling To The UAE From Ghana by Flexherbal(m): 8:44am On Aug 12, 2021
fati2001:
UP NAIJA THE GIANT OF AFRICA.

see as unah cast the nation everywhere, giving her bad image...

Re: What You Need To Know Before Travelling To The UAE From Ghana by fati2001(m): 8:46am On Aug 12, 2021
[quote author=Flexherbal post=104702271][/quote]

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know Before Travelling To The UAE From Ghana by fati2001(m): 8:47am On Aug 12, 2021
Limassol:

it's because of our negative activities..

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know Before Travelling To The UAE From Ghana by hwu2015(m): 8:51am On Aug 12, 2021
Limassol:

Well yes. Also, a lot happened behind the scene the we are not aware of. What ever the background story is, the covid situation makes it look official. The ban has been in place for over 7 months now I believe
Re: What You Need To Know Before Travelling To The UAE From Ghana by hwu2015(m): 9:14am On Aug 12, 2021
fati2001:

it's because of our negative activities..

Exactly!! These activities are making life unbearable for well Nigerians living in the UAE. We spent close to 3m for the trip from Nigeria to Ghana (plus two weeks hotel in Ghana) then to Dubai. Currently work permit visa for Nigerians have been suspended. If you are working you can't renew your visa, also, if you get a new job, you can't switch.
Re: What You Need To Know Before Travelling To The UAE From Ghana by adejoro1988(m): 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2021
hwu2015:

Exactly!! These activities are making life unbearable for well Nigerians living in the UAE. We spent close to 3m for the trip from Nigeria to Ghana (plus two weeks hotel in Ghana) then to Dubai. Currently work permit visa for Nigerians have been suspended. If you are working you can't renew your visa, also, if you get a new job, you can't switch.
This is too outrageous, what if someone is on tourist visa for 1month to Dubai would someone spent up to that. am planning to visist the Estonian embassy in Abu Dhabi for my D visa.
Re: What You Need To Know Before Travelling To The UAE From Ghana by adejoro1988(m): 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2021
hwu2015:
As of today, there’s no flight from Nigeria to the UAE. To make it worse, if you’ve been to

Nigeria, in the last 14 days, you won’t be allowed entry to the UAE, meaning if you plan to visit Dubai or any of the emirates, you must have spent more than 14 days in another country apart from South Africa and India. It was quite hard to comprehend when I heard the news in February. The easiest way for us to come back to the UAE was through Ghana. I thought the process would be daunting; it would have been a lot easier if I saw a post like this. Now I’m back in the UAE; it was quite fun in retrospect.

To avoid being stranded in Nigeria, acquaint yourself with the following tips if you plan to go through Ghana as I did.

1. Book a direct flight from Abuja or Lagos to Ghana, which is more convenient than indirect flights.

2. Go for your Covid test at least two days before your flight and print out your covid test result because the digital copy isn’t accepted at the airport. I did mine at Everight diagnostic, Wuse.

3. Book a hotel close to the airport for an easy commute to the mall and the airport. I stayed at Ibis Styles Accra Airport. There are other hotels close to the airport, such as Marriot and Holiday INN.

4. If you are an ECOWAS citizen, you will pay 50 dollars for another covid test on arrival at Kotoka Airport Ghana; otherwise, you’ll pay 150 dollars. Again, this may be subject to change, so contact the airport before you travel.

5. Fill the Ghana Health Declaration Form before travelling to avoid delay at Kotoka Airport Ghana. Click on the link to fill the form GHS-HDF.

6. On the 14th day of your stay, go for another Covid test in one of the designated clinics. If you stay close to the airport, you can do the test in the Airport clinic. You can always confirm that with the airline. When the result is ready, you will need to collect a test certificate from the clinic. Be sure to go along with your payment receipt or passport for identification.

7. There is an Emirates Airline office on the 7th floor of Moevenpick hotel Accra if you wish to buy your ticket yourself. Otherwise, your travel agent can do the needful.

8. Travel with sufficient cash; your ATM card may disgrace you�� , or the card might be stuck in the machine. We had an ugly experience, but thank God; the card was returned even though it was more than a week later�.

9. Additionally, you’ll need to keep the following receipts and documents as you might need them at the airport: boarding pass from Nigeria to Ghana, hotel booking and receipt, covid test result from Nigeria, covid test result on arrival in Ghana, covid test result on the 14th day in Ghana and evidence of payment, any other document to prove you stayed in Ghana for more than 14 days.

10. If you are travelling with a baby/toddler, have things to make them busy because IT WASN’T EASY WHEN I TRAVELLED WITH MY SON.

Initially, I wanted to go through Cotonou, Benin, but after various considerations such as the language barrier, and the fact that I am more familiar with Ghana, the most convenient option was to use Emirates Airlines from Ghana. I don’t know about the various ports of entry and indirect flights to the UAE; this post is basically about my experience. If you plan to travel to the UAE from Nigeria, there are various countries to travel to, but Ghana and Benin are the closest countries to Nigeria.If you plan to travel anytime soon, be prepared for the heat.It can be really hot in the UAE, especially between the month of may to October. Besides the intensity of the sun, the humidity is a major problem, because it makes it difficult for sweat to evaporate leaving our bodies feeling hot and sticky. To cool off, our bodies must work even harder.check here for more information on how to survive the heat http://gracefulifestyle.com/expert-advice-on-surviving-the-heat-in-the-uae/
Could you please tell us how much you spent in total from Nigeria to Dubai

(1) (Reply)

Lost Enrollment Number For International Passport / The 50 Most Attractive Nationalities In The World - As Confirmed By Science / God Is Good Motors (GIGM) Bus Travel Prices In Naira, Online Sept Booking 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.