Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,124 members, 7,828,996 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Honda Accord Gearbox Repair Or Replacement,which Is Better (urgent) - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Honda Accord Gearbox Repair Or Replacement,which Is Better (urgent) (4089 Views)

Fix Your Audi Cvt Gearbox Now Available. / Fix Now Available For Audi 01j Cvt Gearbox.fix For Gerking When Driving. / Cost Of A Good Murano Gearbox (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord Gearbox Repair Or Replacement,which Is Better (urgent) by shilahjosh: 8:54am On May 18, 2011
My car (Honda Accord EX V6) is been giving me a little challenge in recent time, i noticed that the car jerks whenever i accelerate on motion especially when i try to overtake, it sometimes comes to a stand still, then moves again.
at times when am luck it covers a distance without stress, the vibration produced when its jerks is affecting the engine seat.
Am considering doing a repair, but some persons feels that its better to replace. i need candid advice from people who have experience the same problem.
Re: Honda Accord Gearbox Repair Or Replacement,which Is Better (urgent) by bayol2001: 8:58am On May 18, 2011
its beta 2 replace cos repair might be faulty again, less gurantee on repair, its 50/50 chance of picking properly,
Re: Honda Accord Gearbox Repair Or Replacement,which Is Better (urgent) by Godalone(m): 9:54am On May 18, 2011
I had similar problem about a year ago,i first repaired it but it did not function as it should. I have to replace the gearbox and i am enjoying it since then.
Re: Honda Accord Gearbox Repair Or Replacement,which Is Better (urgent) by shilahjosh: 12:36pm On May 18, 2011
thank you so much brothers, @bayol2001,i truly appreciate your suggestion, if anyone asks for my own opinion,i will prefer to replace it, its just that those mechanics are calling some ridicules amount that's pissing me off.@Godalone thank you so much for your opinion, how much did you spend on the replacement? i have a V6 engine and i learn that its more expensive,
can someone give me a rough estimate of how much i will spend on replacement of a V6 engine

Thank you all in Advance!
Re: Honda Accord Gearbox Repair Or Replacement,which Is Better (urgent) by sultaan(m): 2:59pm On May 18, 2011
Maybe you should know what your check engine light says, or if you're due for a trans service.

You just got what might be the worst advice from folks who can't tell you a proper diagnosis, but come up with a cure.

Scan and do a transmission service first before you start throwing money at your mechanic.

Use ATF-Z1 of Valvoline MaxLife
Re: Honda Accord Gearbox Repair Or Replacement,which Is Better (urgent) by webmaster3: 3:38pm On May 18, 2011
I think you should confirm if the Transmission is actually faulty or if its just servicing it needs.

That aside I have had issues with my 2004 honda accord transmission(4 cylinder) and it was properly diagnosed to have a faulty transmission which i wasted money to repair due to the high cost of purchasing a new one all to no avail. I eventually had to go get a new transmission for 130K as that was the cheapest i could get in the market. I have had no issues ever since i replaced my transmission. I'll advice you to get a replacement if its been diagnosed to be faulty.
Re: Honda Accord Gearbox Repair Or Replacement,which Is Better (urgent) by shilahjosh: 4:13pm On May 18, 2011
@sultaan, thank you so much for those words, you never could tell how relief i am now
i now know that i don't have to spend money before i find out!i will do just that,
, i don't mean to sound rude,
but i think every other person that commented on this thread made their individual points based on their perspective about the problem on ground,
i respect and appreciate everyone who made a point on this thread, i think i would do a scan first and a transmission service,

Can anyone recommend a good workshop or mechanic that can perfectly troubleshoot this problem?

1. Scan
2. Transmission service.

am open to suggestions and contribution,

Thank you all in Advance,

(1) (Reply)

Registered 96 Model Toyota Camry For Sale / Superclean Hybrid 012 Toks Camry Xle Thumbstart 4plugs For Jst 4.3m See Pix..... / SOLD OUT Highlander Upgraded To 2017 In Ibadan 08088525399

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.