Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,262 members, 7,846,222 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? (11205 Views)

The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home, You Are Forever Saved, Except / Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by skywalker240(m): 10:03am On Aug 15, 2021
TechNana:

None for now.
Just join my dairy channel and stay tuned...
i actually meant how do i join the dairy channel Ma.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by techWriter1: 10:03am On Aug 15, 2021
Christ - husband - husband - kids.... That is the directive
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Jahsdaughter052(f): 10:06am On Aug 15, 2021
Jesus Christ is the head of the congregation while Husband is the Head of the Family ( Ephesians 5: 23)
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by adewalle1(m): 10:08am On Aug 15, 2021
Mumu question, sebi na Christ pay the Brideprize abi?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by bitbillionaire: 10:08am On Aug 15, 2021
If you are a man asking this question mean you are not a Real Man.

Oga, in the physical world a husband who is a Real Man his the head of the home. A wife MUST submit to the authority of her husband.

Stop confusing yourself. Making Jesus the head of the home doesn't change the fact that the Man of the house is the physical head.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by TechNana(f): 10:09am On Aug 15, 2021
skywalker240:

i actually meant how do i join the dairy channel Ma.

Search for "ELITE SPORT TRADERS" at t-elegram and join!
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by skywalker240(m): 10:11am On Aug 15, 2021
TechNana:

Search for "VFL DAIRY" at t-elegram and join!
alright, thank you ma.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by ejimatic: 10:11am On Aug 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband?

There cannot be two heads of a Christian home, for a man cannot serve two masters. Matthew 6:24

Therefore It has to be one or the other, so which is it?

I have heard some say or seen a written message in some homes, "Christ is the head of this house." On the other hand, i have also heard some claim that the husband is the head of the home or marriage, therefore I would like to know which is really true, since both cannot be right at the same time.

If Christ is the head of the home, then both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to the authority of Christ. But if it's the husband instead, then the woman has to submit herself to the authority of the husband.

My own belief is that Christ ought to be the head of every Christian home, so both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to His own authority.

Anything contrary to that is not of God, but of men or the devil, hence it would only lead to dangerous repercussions in the home, as it was in the beginning when the husband and wife both rejected the authority of Christ, even the Word of God that was in the beginning, and chose to listen and heed the voice of someone else.

Although the marriage didn't end up in a divorce as a result, and they wear yet able to bear children, it became a total failure as the purpose for which God made the marriage, which was to multiply sinless children (those born in obedience), was not achieved.

It also led to hostility in the marriage, because the same man who loved his wife and called her "the bone of my bones" and "flesh of my flesh", now saw her as an enemy or a stranger called "the woman you gave me". Genesis 2:23; 3:12

So the authority and head of a Christian home, as God made it to be in the beginning, ought to be the Word of God which Christ is, and that's one of things which was in the beginning that Christ came to restore. Therefore taking that authority from Him and giving it to someone else, including the husband, would only prevent the purpose of God concerning the marriage from being fulfilled, and could also lead to hostility among the married couples.

That's what would have happened in the marriage of Smith Wigglesworth, as the husband thought he was the head of their home, and had authority over his wife, hence tried to use it against her and to prevent her from serving God as she ought to, when he derailed from the faith.

But thank God he had a wife who knew that he was just her husband, not her Head or Head of their marriage, but Jesus, as she'd let Him know. So he couldn't make her do things contrary to what Christ demands of her, because she was meant to be under Christ's authority, not his.

This eventually led to her husband's restoration to the faith, and for this reason he loved appreciated his wife much more than he'd ever done beforehand, because what he learnt from the wife in the process was an invaluable lesson, which had not only helped to restore him, but also made him to be a better vessel for God's use, and better husband for his wife and marriage.

That's what many Christian' marriage stands to lose whenever someone else is put in the placed of Christ as the Head of a Christian home. It ends up more or less as the marriage in the beginning, when God's purpose for the marriage was not achieved.

And once that purpose is not achieved, the marriage become a total failure even if it doesn't end in divorce and they're yet having children as Adam and Eve, because God purpose for a Christian marriage that determines the success of a marriage, not that of man.

So it's up to choose who will be the head of your home, but if it's not Christ, do not expect Him to also act as the Head, because He cannot share His position or authority in any marriage or home with anyone. It's either Him in charge or not Him.

God bless.
. Hisband is the head but he must exercise his headship in a Chrislike manner.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by addictiv(m): 10:13am On Aug 15, 2021
Una like plenty complications.. Show me any organisation on earth that doesn't have one major leader, even where companies re owned by 2 persons with equal shares. One person is the CEO but when it comes to men and women in a family unit.. You want to change the narrative. A family can only have one leader, either the man or woman. One person controls the direction and tempo of the house every other person falls in line. You people talk as if you didn't grow up in a family. Christ can be the Head of a family but a human being must create it and lead it. Make una de use una head to reason.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:15am On Aug 15, 2021
pocohantas:

Nawa

In some homes na the pikin dey pay bills o. Hope you know? cheesy cheesy
wow oh wow. Pikin pay bill occasionally not always Nah, make we give credit to some Daddy.
I believe a family is like a company that has segments and sections. The overall boss (CEO)that is the boss of the bosses is God(Christ), the man is the MD while the wife is GM.
I don't know why this is an issue if not see finish. God bless the work of our hands so we can do our duties. Women be calming down, men don't like power contention.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Damlhaade01(m): 10:19am On Aug 15, 2021
All dis people don come again!!! Nna!!! See caption
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by PUSSYHOE(m): 10:24am On Aug 15, 2021
maureensylvia:
Husband of course
Christ is the head of the church

Are you gonna have sex with Christ ni

My husband is the head of my home and of course the Christ I'm seeing

Women and toto, chai!
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by norjibak: 10:25am On Aug 15, 2021
Man should be the head of the house all day all time till death apart
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Afronaijagbedu: 10:26am On Aug 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

There cannot be two heads of a Christian home, for a man cannot serve two masters. Matthew 6:24

I have heard some say or seen a written message in some homes, "Christ is the head of this house." On the other hand, i have also heard some claim that the husband is the head of the home or marriage, therefore I would like to know which is really true, since both cannot be right at the same time.

If Christ is the head of the home, then both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to the authority of Christ. But if it's the husband instead, then the woman has to submit herself to the authority of the husband.

My own belief is that Christ ought to be the head of every Christian home, so both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to His own authority.

Anything contrary to that is not of God, but of men or the devil, hence it would only lead to dangerous repercussions in the home, as it was in the beginning when the husband and wife both rejected the authority of Christ, even the Word of God that was in the beginning, and chose to listen and heed the voice of someone else.

Although the marriage didn't end up in a divorce as a result, and they wear yet able to bear children, it became a total failure as the purpose for which God made the marriage, which was to multiply sinless children (those born in obedience), was not achieved.

It also led to hostility in the marriage, because the same man who loved his wife and called her "the bone of my bones" and "flesh of my flesh", now saw her as an enemy or a stranger called "the woman you gave me". Genesis 2:23; 3:12

So the authority and head of a Christian home, as God made it to be in the beginning, ought to be the Word of God which Christ is, and that's one of things which was in the beginning that Christ came to restore. Therefore taking that authority from Him and giving it to someone else, including the husband, would only prevent the purpose of God concerning the marriage from being fulfilled, and could also lead to hostility among the married couples.

That's what would have happened in the marriage of Smith Wigglesworth, as the husband thought he was the head of their home, and had authority over his wife, hence tried to use it against her and to prevent her from serving God as she ought to, when he derailed from the faith.

But thank God he had a wife who knew that he was just her husband, not her Head or Head of their marriage, but Jesus, as she'd let Him know. So he couldn't make her do things contrary to what Christ demands of her, because she was meant to be under Christ's authority, not his.

This eventually led to her husband's restoration to the faith, and for this reason he loved appreciated his wife much more than he'd ever done beforehand, because what he learnt from the wife in the process was an invaluable lesson, which had not only helped to restore him, but also made him to be a better vessel for God's use, and better husband for his wife and marriage.

That's what many Christian' marriage stands to lose whenever someone else is put in the placed of Christ as the Head of a Christian home. It ends up more or less as the marriage in the beginning, when God's purpose for the marriage was not achieved.

And once that purpose is not achieved, the marriage become a total failure even if it doesn't end in divorce and they're yet having children as Adam and Eve, because God purpose for a Christian marriage that determines the success of a marriage, not that of man.

So it's up to choose who will be the head of your home, but if it's not Christ, do not expect Him to also act as the Head, because He cannot share His position or authority in any marriage or home with anyone. It's either Him in charge or not Him.

God bless.

To me Husband is the head of the house(his home)
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Darreytinho10(m): 10:27am On Aug 15, 2021
Jesus Christ imo
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Taiwolee1: 10:34am On Aug 15, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
If Christ foot the bill he's the head

Lols....I support!
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by elganzar(m): 10:52am On Aug 15, 2021
1st Corinthians 11: 3
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by tosinjay(m): 10:56am On Aug 15, 2021
The man is the head of the Home which Christ his the Head of the man. That's exactly bible's position.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by richie240: 10:57am On Aug 15, 2021
The teacher and the vice-principal are both under d principal.
This fact does not preclude d fact that the teacher is also under d vice-principal!

U r just raising unnecessary dust!
cool

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Kingstanding: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:
Whoever foots the bills is the head
. Not husband because Nigerian pastors and Daddy G.O's have taken the head of houses of their guilble church members.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Immatex(m): 11:00am On Aug 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

The headship arrangement is a very straight forward Bible teaching and should not be confused or contradicted as this write up is determined to achieve.

1 Corinthians 11:3 says: But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God. This is a straight forward Biblical and Spiritual headship or hierarchy arrangement. Anything outside this is outside this Biblical realm.

To further cement this Christan arrangement, Paul in his inspired letters at Ephesians 5:21-24 says: Be in subjection to one another in fear of Christ. Let wives be in subjection to their husbands as to the Lord, because a husband is head of his wife just as the Christ is head of the congregation, he being a savior of this body.  In fact, as the congregation is in subjection to the Christ, wives should also be to their husbands in everything.

A wife can only disobey her husband when he demands that she disobey or display God in support to him doing bad.

The head of the Christian family is not just the breadwinner. While a man must take up his God given responsibility to provide materially, emotionally and spiritually for his family as instructed at 1 Timothy 5:8: Certainly if anyone does not provide for those who are his own, and especially for those who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith. If his best effort does not provide sufficiently for his family, the wife, as his complement must support her head, the husband in fulfilling his responsibility.

Feel to ask your questions.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Funkybabee(f): 11:01am On Aug 15, 2021
Some sick people that needs immediate treatment are here with full force
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Akuruoulo(m): 11:07am On Aug 15, 2021
maureensylvia:
Husband of course
Christ is the head of the church

Are you gonna have sex with Christ ni

My husband is the head of my home and of course the Christ I'm seeing
I WISH YOU THE BEST IN UR MARRIAGE

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Akuruoulo(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2021
saphiere:
JESUS CHRIST IS.

God has made man and woman equally.

Galatians 3:28 ESV
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Are u back from leave ?
Soo there responsibility should be equal.
Broke feminists

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Danjikanbauchi: 11:12am On Aug 15, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
If Christ foot the bill he's the head
this topic is for Christian not for uncircumcised at heart, a Philistine.

@op the man is the head of the family and Christ is the head of the man and all he possess.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by TefBarzz(m): 11:12am On Aug 15, 2021
The husband is the head of the home,as Christ is the head of the Church.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by DeRay98(m): 11:13am On Aug 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

Long but misleading sermon like this is the reason many church women disrespect their husbands and place Pastors over their husbands.
Christ is the head of the church, husband is the head of the home whether he's a Christian or not, full stop.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Akuruoulo(m): 11:18am On Aug 15, 2021
ladychioma:
Christ is the head of Christian homes.
Madam u are not a feminist
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by mrgbenga1: 11:22am On Aug 15, 2021
The husband is the physical head while Christ is the spiritual head.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by God2man2again(m): 11:23am On Aug 15, 2021
Christ made the husband the head.

Christ is the head of the church.

Christ first.

Husband (first in the family or second in the Church).
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Alaska90(m): 11:25am On Aug 15, 2021
blaise26abj:
Feminists masquerading as bible teacher and revelation minister . It won’t work !

Thank you so much

You are the only one I have seen so far that really know the intention of the OP

He is a modern day western world style anti Christ feminist

He is twisting the words of God to advance his course.

The Christian answer to his trap question is 1 Corinthians 1-3 NKJV

1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.
2 Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you. 3 But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God

Please note HEAD in the bible does not mean superiority ( just spiritual order )

In true and pure Christianity those who are in position of headship or leadership serve those under them just like Jesus (Mathew 20 -28 )

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Miracles From GCK — Glorious Transformation / How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God / I Am Not Blaspheming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.