Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

32% Of Nigerians Use Bitcoin — World’s Highest Percentage - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 32% Of Nigerians Use Bitcoin — World’s Highest Percentage (329 Views)

Can Nigerians Use Paypal To Send And Receive Money? / Websites Where You Use Bitcoin And Other Cryptocurrencies For Payments. / What Is Bitcoin: Is It Safe To Use Bitcoin And Other Crypto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

32% Of Nigerians Use Bitcoin — World’s Highest Percentage by maximunimpact(m): 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2021
On Saturday, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey posted about Nigeria being the highest percentage in the world to use cryptocurrencies. The CEO seems to be surprised as he tweets “Wow: 32% of Nigerians own Bitcoin, the highest percentage in the world.”

According to Statista, Nigeria is indeed the first among the countries that are using/owns Bitcoin. Vietnam (21%) goes second, followed by the Philippines with 20%. Other countries included on the list were Turkey, Peru, Switzerland, India, China, U.S, Germany, and Japan.

Previously, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo of Nigeria shared that he supports cryptocurrency.

In most countries, currency collapses have caused hardship to most people. Argentina, Brazil, China, Mexico, Russia, Thailand, Turkey, Indonesia, South Africa, and Lebanon, for instance, have all gone through at least one currency devaluation cycle since the 1970s. Bitcoin, on the other hand, has a fixed and predetermined monetary policy.

Alongside Jack’s tweet, he also linked an open letter the US Senator Elizabeth Warren written by a crypto enthusiast. It can be recalled, Senator Warren has been publicly sharing her views against Bitcoin and the whole crypto itself. Thus, she’s been pushing tough crypto regulations in the Senate.

In the open letter entitled ‘Why Progressives Should Love Bitcoin: An Open Letter to Senator Elizabeth Warren’, writer Samantha Messing said,

As the Nigerian naira plummets in value, Bitcoin has become a necessity. 32 percent of Nigerians own Bitcoin, the highest percentage in the world. Furthermore, remittances into Nigeria exceeded $17 billion in 2020, and a substantial proportion of this value is conveyed in Bitcoin.

Lastly, she said, Nigeria has one of the youngest populations in the world. Thus, the writer believes this progressive cohort increasingly embraces Bitcoin. Ending her open letter with a handful of syllabus links regarding Bitcoin as she wants people to truly understand it.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2021/08/15/32-of-nigerians-use-bitcoin-worlds-highest-percentage/

dominique, mukina2

Re: 32% Of Nigerians Use Bitcoin — World’s Highest Percentage by Tony3245(m): 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2021
Re: 32% Of Nigerians Use Bitcoin — World’s Highest Percentage by Botking: 12:57pm On Aug 15, 2021
If you like you invest in crypto, I'm telling you that you will weep for not doing so in the future
Re: 32% Of Nigerians Use Bitcoin — World’s Highest Percentage by Brexxit(m): 1:10pm On Aug 15, 2021
grin

32% of Nigerians use bitcoins is a big fat lie.

2 Likes

Re: 32% Of Nigerians Use Bitcoin — World’s Highest Percentage by IamR: 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2021
Brexxit:
grin

32% of Nigerians use bitcoins is a big fat lie.
32% of 1000 - 4000 representative of online population. Not 32% of the whole population.

1 Like

Re: 32% Of Nigerians Use Bitcoin — World’s Highest Percentage by Heartbender: 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2021
Samantha wey like to dey mess grin

Re: 32% Of Nigerians Use Bitcoin — World’s Highest Percentage by Elsueno: 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2021
it's nice to be optimistic....
Re: 32% Of Nigerians Use Bitcoin — World’s Highest Percentage by stalwart: 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2021
I have a good news to the house about a Robot that trades crypto currencies like btc,eth,Psg etc for you and no loss on trades but PROFITS Everytime. I have been using this robot for myself and no day without me racking in profit.
It real and effective. I wake daily with notification of profits from trades. You can try the robot out yourself
Re: 32% Of Nigerians Use Bitcoin — World’s Highest Percentage by meekhat: 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2021
Remitano, one of the popular P2P platforms launches its own native cryptocurrency called the RENEC token.

There won't be ICO instead, you can get it freely at this stage(mine, as they call it) using Remitano mobile app for limited time.

Token: RENEC
Blockchain: Remitano Network
Protocol: Authorized Proof of Stake (DPoS)
Token Type: Utility Token
Base Mining Power (solo): 0.02 RENEC/hour
Supply: Supply will be decided as a result of the RENEC mining program

THINGS TO DO

1. Register here :
https://remitano.com/renec/ng/join/1858342

2. Search for Remitano on app store or Google play store, download the app

3. Login

4. Click on the drop-down menu at the top left corner of the app

5. Click on “mining RENEC”

If you missed BNB, Don't miss RENEC!

Enjoy!

(1) (Reply)

In Keeping Buhari’s Promises To Southeast, Osinbajo Commissions Shared Facility / Please House,i'm Seriously Down Over This Partnership Business.. / Investment Oppurtunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.