Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good (1512 Views)

Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness / Lai Mohammed: NYSC Has Increased COVID-19 Cases In Nigeria / NYSC Has Started Paying November Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by Sunnybabe(m): 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
Good Afternoon Nairalanders

Please pardon my Typographical errors and read through (it may be lengthy though)

I am a 2020 Batch B stream II corps member posted to Anambra state. When we were in camp, I did my best to partake in most camp activities and as I good paraders that I am before going to camp. I was later made the Flag Party Commander which I was made rest assured that I will be posted to a good PPA even with God by my side. But unfortunately after camp I was posted to a remote Village with no light, bad road network, security threat and worst of it I was the only one posted to that place and I didn't meet any serving Corper there. I contacted the State Coordinator and the LGI, I tender my issue and plead that they should repost me but they insisted that they will rather post more corps members to come and join me there rather than reposting me which they later do. All efforts to get reposted or redeployed proves abortive. I later accept fate and cautiously moved one.

It's hasn't been easy trying survive there as things are extremely cost including transportation and also it's very aurdous to charge our Phones and my Laptop because i'm a graphics designer and also learning photographic editing. We try so much to tell our employer to give us small generator so that we can be fueling it and using it but he gives no response to our request.

Fast forward to the month of April. I washed my clothes and spread them on rope to dry, in the afternoon I went out to charge my phone and leaved the clothes since it has not dry and our lodge is a fenced compound. But to my utmost surprise, I came back in the Evening and found nothing on the rope, my Clothes had been stolen. I reported to my Employer and He promise to do something, But he didn't .

The worst one that shattered away my heart is that one that recently happen last month

July 12, we went to School early in the morning as the day was first working day of the week. But when will come back, we discovered that our lodge has been burgled and they carted away all our valuable clothes, foods, money including gadgets which my Laptop is among.
We reported our employer, the LGI and DPO. But till now we didn't found any clue and no hope from any one. I now went to the LGI and ask him what NYSC will do to help me recover the loss coz I am mostly affected and the loss is too much for me to bear. He said NYSC has Nothing to do

I am perplexed and angry in my spirit because I remember when I told them to repost me but the decline my request. Now this has happened and nothing is been done

I just don't knw how to go about it again.

NYSC has bleeped me up and put me under distress.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by DaddyRochie1642: 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2021
The Lord is your strength
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by Sunnybabe(m): 2:50pm On Aug 16, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
The Lord is your strength
Amen... Thanks sir
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by yuping(m): 3:06pm On Aug 16, 2021
Sorry, but work your posting yourself anything that's a treat to life, health and property yoy should move a way from it.
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by Sunnybabe(m): 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2021
yuping:
Sorry, but work your posting yourself anything that's a treat to life, health and property yoy should move a way from it.
thanks. I tried it then but the person couldn't do it for us then giving excuse that he couldn't process it because they didn't reject us from our PPA and even didn't refund me and my friend. That's y I gave up on it then.

It remain four Months for me now
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by Ever8090: 3:16pm On Aug 16, 2021
Hmmm...you mean Anambra that everywhere is develop?..his is it possible?.. anyway, just count your lost and move on in time you will recover all you have lost
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by Sunnybabe(m): 3:27pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ever8090:
Hmmm...you mean Anambra that everywhere is develop?..his is it possible?.. anyway, just count your lost and move on in time you will recover all you have lost
Develop? Which type of development are u talking abt sir.

Anyways thanks boss
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by OlawaleBammie: 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2021
Sunnybabe:

Please pardon my Typographical errors and read through (it may be lengthy though)

I am a 2020 Batch B stream II corps member posted to Anambra state. When we were in camp, I did my best to partake in most camp activities and as I good paraders that I am before going to camp. I was later made the Flag Party Commander which I was made rest assured that I will be posted to a good PPA even with God by my side. But unfortunately after camp I was posted to a remote Village with no light, bad road network, security threat and worst of it I was the only one posted to that place and I didn't meet any serving Corper there. I contacted the State Coordinator and the LGI, I tender my issue and plead that they should repost me but they insisted that they will rather post more corps members to come and join me there rather than reposting me which they later do. All efforts to get reposted or redeployed proves abortive. I later accept fate and cautiously moved one.

It's hasn't been easy trying survive there as things are extremely cost including transportation and also it's very aurdous to charge our Phones and my Laptop because i'm a graphics designer and also learning photographic editing. We try so much to tell our employer to give us small generator so that we can be fueling it and using it but he gives no response to our request.

Fast forward to the month of April. I washed my clothes and spread them on rope to dry, in the afternoon I went out to charge my phone and leaved the clothes since it has not dry and our lodge is a fenced compound. But to my utmost surprise, I came back in the Evening and found nothing on the rope, my Clothes had been stolen. I reported to my Employer and He promise to do something, But he didn't .

The worst one that shattered away my heart is that one that recently happen last month

July 12, we went to School early in the morning as the day was first working day of the week. But when will come back, we discovered that our lodge has been burgled and they carted away all our valuable clothes, foods, money including gadgets which my Laptop is among.
We reported our employer, the LGI and DPO. But till now we didn't found any clue and no hope from any one. I now went to the LGI and ask him what NYSC will do to help me recover the loss coz I am mostly affected and the loss is too much for me to bear. He said NYSC has Nothing to do

I am perplexed and angry in my spirit because I remember when I told them to repost me but the decline my request. Now this has happened and nothing is been done

Guy no be nysc fault ooh

Na ur vilage pipu isolate u, bot don't worry, God no go shame u grin
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by Sunnybabe(m): 7:06pm On Aug 16, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
Guy no be nysc fault ooh

hummm....I refuse to believe so....after intense prayer in conjunction with mum and dad prayers.. l.

Amen to ur prayer bro. Thanks
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by OlawaleBammie: 8:00pm On Aug 16, 2021
Sunnybabe:
hummm....I refuse to believe so....after intense prayer in conjunction with mum and dad prayers.. l.

Amen to ur prayer bro. Thanks

Come again?
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by OGraffix(m): 1:04pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sunnybabe:

Bro sorry for your lost....
I was also in the same shoes as you.(batch A 2021 S1)
I was posted to a village in imo.. even despite the crisis of their UGM.... worst thing about the area is no water (we have to wait for rain water to cook and bath), .a bag of water was #300, no light too
I'm also a graphics designer...
I spent one month thinking I will cope... Omo na sharp sharp I find 50k paid for relocation to ogun state....
Currently enjoying my service in mowe in ogun state...not far from Lagos.. because I'm staying in Lagos Nd doing my work too
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by Sunnybabe(m): 1:44pm On Aug 17, 2021
OGraffix:

Bro sorry for your lost....
I was also in the same shoes as you.(batch A 2021 S1)
I was posted to a village in imo.. even despite the crisis of their UGM.... worst thing about the area is no water (we have to wait for rain water to cook and bath), .a bag of water was #300, no light too
I'm also a graphics designer...
I spent one month thinking I will cope... Omo na sharp sharp I find 50k paid for relocation to ogun state....
Currently enjoying my service in mowe in ogun state...not far from Lagos.. because I'm staying in Lagos Nd doing my work too
thanks ....

Ur luck oo...

Coz I too pay for relocation but the guy Bleep up
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by OGraffix(m): 3:05pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sunnybabe:
thanks ....

Ur luck oo...

Coz I too pay for relocation but the guy Bleep up

Mine worked after 3months
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by rhodman: 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
This is not just good.

Pele
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by Kimjongun: 6:47am On Aug 18, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
Guy no be nysc fault ooh

You are sick in the head
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by OlawaleBammie: 8:03am On Aug 18, 2021
Kimjongun:

You are sick in the head

Before i reply you, why did you say this??
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by Kimjongun: 8:18am On Aug 18, 2021
OlawaleBammie:

Before i reply you, why did you say this??

Why is it not NYSC fault? Don't you know making people feel they have spiritual problems can cause depression? The guy just highlighted how NYSC messed with him, despite his efforts to make things right.
Continue blaming village people for problems created by the system until it's your turn to dance to the tune too.

Do you know the number of people who have became victim of similar situation?
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by OlawaleBammie: 9:17am On Aug 18, 2021
Kimjongun:

Why is it not NYSC fault? Don't you know making people feel they have spiritual problems can cause depression? The guy just highlighted how NYSC messed with him, despite his efforts to make things right.
Continue blaming village people for problems created by the system until it's your turn to dance to the tune too.

Do you know the number of people who have became victim of similar situation?
oga gbariwo e

I was also a victim, kpele

And besides, in Nigeria here, we often use vilage pipu jokingly so it amount to notin, unless u re from Washington DC.
Re: NYSC Has Done Me More Harm Than Good by allen113: 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2021
May thunder fire Mrs shagbaye joy the LGI of akampa in Cross River state 07035016211 she is a natural sadist and a very wicked LGI who is never willing to help any Corp member.

(1) (Reply)

KPMG And Erecruiter Nigeria Are Hiring Corpers / 2012 Batch A Corper Burnt To Ash In Motor Accident / Online Registration, Compulsory Or Optional For Batch A15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.