Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,857 members, 7,841,231 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Long Story; Starting Over (relationship). - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Long Story; Starting Over (relationship). (265 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Long Story; Starting Over (relationship). by Ochari: 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2021
I just got through reading an erotic story on line about a double standard. It was about a man who cheated on his wife but wanted her to forgive him. But when the tables were turned and she had an affair he couldn’t forgive her. Damn, I wonder how many guys felt that way? I started thinking about my views and how I felt. Here I was twenty seven years old, single, considered good looking according to my past dates. Then I realized that I was one of these ‘Double Standard’ guys the author was talking about.

I have dated ever since I was a teenager. I had my share of sex and it was good, sometimes really good. I really cared for a number of these women who were all good looking, most had decent personalities, all were single or divorced. They were all hard working women and I almost always enjoyed their company. All my dates were more than one night affairs. I probably dated these women for months at a time. I know I got serious about a number of them. What happened? Why was I still single? Most of the women I dated would have made good companions. A few had children from their previous marriages. I do have to say they were all good decent woman.

Then it dawned on me. It was me. I had the double standard that the author talked about. Deep down I guess I didn’t want to marry a woman who had been with another man. I wanted a virgin. I was willing to date these women and have sex with them but when it was time for commitment I always back away knowing they had been with other men. Damn! I didn’t like being this person. I was two-faced and it began to bother me.

My parents, God bless them, were always worried about me not finding the right woman. They probably fixed me up with a half a dozen dates, everyone of them a knockout. They would be so happy that I was dating these women. After a few months we would each go our own way. In most cases we remained friends. I just couldn’t tell my parents about my hang up, that I had a double standard. Hell, I didn’t know it myself until after reading that stupid story.

My parents were throwing another cookout at their house. My sister, Nita, showed up with her clan of five kids and my other sister, Read More[i][/i].... https://felicitygists.com/long-story-starting-over-relationship/

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need A Content Writer? / 30mm Perform And Cap / The Ethics Of Borrowing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.