Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm (24545 Views)

Nigeria Vs Benin: AFCON 2021 Qualifier (2 - 1) Full Time / AFCON 2021: Qualifiers Group Stage Draw, Nigeria In Group L / France Vs Belgium: World Cup, 10th July At 7pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by Sauter: 12:15pm On Aug 17, 2021
The exercise will be undertaken in Cameroon before the competition is held between January and February next year

Caf will conduct the draw for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations on August 17 in Yaounde, Cameroon, where the 24 participating teams will be grouped into six pools, each of four teams.

Based on the Fifa world rankings released a few days ago, the teams will be allocated to four pots each of six teams for the draw.

Draw Procedure

The top four teams, based on the rankings, will be allocated to pot one, where Cameroon - the hosts - and Algeria, the defending champions, are also there. Senegal, Tunisia, and Nigeria have also been put into this pot.

The other teams will be in pots two, three, and four based on their ranking in a descending manner. Former champions Egypt, as well as Ivory Coast, Ghana, Mali, Burkina Faso, and Guinea are in pot two.

Cape Verde, Gabon, Mauritania, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe, and Guinea Bissau are in pot three, while Malawi, Sudan, Comoros, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, and The Gambia are in pot four.

The pots representing teams will be marked pots 1-4 while the pots for groups will be marked A to F. The Indomitable Lions will be fixed to position A1 while the remaining participants in pot one will automatically be drawn into position one of each group, B to F.

The same procedure will be undertaken for the remaining pots and each team pot must be emptied before moving on to the next pot.
https://www.goal.com/en/news/afcon-2021-draw-procedure-and-what-you-need-to-know-about/1izdtbfa67m8j140zo977fn5q2

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by justdogitto: 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nigeria or UAR , which will be drawn?
Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by jamalnation(m): 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2021
Alright. We are waiting
Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by SILVERLINES: 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2021
Isoorit
We await to see the draw

Islamic republic of Nigeria vs ---------
Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by Funlag: 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
cheesy
Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by Hezmatosky: 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
Super eagle must win the cup. Mark my word shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by Millimann: 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2021
Ideal group of Nigeria:

Nigeria

Guinea

Guinea Bissau

Comoros

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by Seniorwriter(m): 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2021
This tournament no more attracts the frenzy it used to.
Ohyinyeah:
You getting old
SMH@you....i guess you are getting YOUNG !
undecided

@SENIORWRITER

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by DDDEnterprises: 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2021
justdogitto:
Nigeria or UAR , which will be drawn?

Nigeria of course.

Una just like to dey start trouble grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2021
Ok

Kindly check my profile if you are good at writing
Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by PHZADDY1(m): 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2021
When I almost forgot AFCON seff,poor africa
Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by toffyz(m): 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2021
Fvck CAF!

This would surely have negative effects on my beloved club Liverpool

Mane, Salah and Keita. Chai

This useless body of football doesn't have a foresight, or they lack organization.

When other football bodies (UEFA and South America Football body) are staging theirs some months ago, what is CAF thinking or planning then. This is ridiculous!

This is a big shame!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by OtemAtum: 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hmm. Super Eagles, go and fly jare.
As they kept on mentioning pots here and there, it reminds me of the Spiritual Cage where Jehovah, Allah and other gods of religion have been caged into by the gods of science as they usher in the long-awaited AGE OF AQUARIUS where science is meant to reign supreme in the minds of humanity.

Join me to celebrate the 5th year anniversary of the imprisonments of religious gods who have put the minds of many into mental slavery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by ConnectPhones(m): 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2021
Na so

Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by slawormiir: 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by fourboys: 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2021
Make dem no put Nigeria for hard group ooo... The only time way nations cup dey make sense na wen Nigerian dey play cheesy
Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by Chydo001(m): 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hezmatosky:
Super eagle must win the cup. Mark my word shocked

Make we see draw first
Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by Great100000: 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2021
Super Eagles To Win The Next Nations Cup.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2021
UP SUPER EAGLES.
UP NIGERIA.

GO bring the trophy home guys.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by HisGrace0000001(m): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
toffyz:
Fvck CAF!

This useless body of football doesn't have a foresight, or they lack organization.

When other football bodies (UEFA and South America Football body) are staging theirs some months ago, what is CAF thinking or planning then. This is ridiculous!

This is a big shame!

You as a Nigerian and an African. If Egypt plays Ivory Coast the same time Spain is playing Italy. Which would you watch?

Think about it.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by ofiko123(m): 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
Wishing all the contesting and participating team sucess...
Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by sckulboy: 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2021
In a country where not is working,don't stress yourself,9ja go fall our hand
Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by sckulboy: 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2021
In a country where not is working,don't stress yourself,9ja go fall our hand
Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2021
Ok. Fingers crossed.
Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by OLamylove: 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2021
toffyz:
Fvck CAF!

This is a big shame!
Africa Can't Host Afcon in the Summer because of Unfavorable Weather Conditions
Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by WibusJaga: 2:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
Easiest group for Nigeria:
Nigeria
Burkina Faso
Mauritania
Comoros

Toughest Group for Nigeria:
Nigeria
Egypt/Ghana/Ivory Coast
Cape Verde
Sudan

Nigeria to qualify regardless.

Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by Boscolo: 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
toffyz:
Fvck CAF!

This is a big shame!
No, you are wrong. During the summer break in Europe is raining season in most part of Africa, hence the reason why they can have it in summer.
They wanted to but it failed because the type of rain in Africa cannot be compared to Europe. CAF just have to pick a date and even before you were born(not sounding rude) they have been playing it during January/Feb.
The battle between club and country regarding CAF/ACN has been on and I don't see it being resolved anytime soon.
Thanks
Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by Omolomo4eva(m): 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2021
If Nigeria wants to do well in that tournament,the coach must be sacked
Re: AFCON 2021 Draw Today At 7pm by BigDawsNet: 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2021
toffyz:
Fvck CAF!

This is a big shame!

Minamino firmihno Jota

Origi firmihno Ox

Ox Jota Eliot

List of options but to be honest...we gonna drop some good points no doubt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adegoke Adelabu: Super Eagles lack tactics, toying with our emotions / AFCON Final Massive Crowd At Awka Viewing Center Last Night(video& Photos) / Orla Melissa Sloan Admits Stalking Mason Mount After He Broke Up With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.