Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,642 members, 7,851,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:21 PM

Big Wedding Or Small Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Big Wedding Or Small Wedding (442 Views)

Do You Have Small Butt Or Small Hips Worry No More Here's The New Tool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Wedding Or Small Wedding by Marinog: 1:30pm On Aug 17, 2021
Can I get some advice on this?

I am planning a wedding. My original plan was something moderately priced, not too big. Though of course, my woman would like something extra special, she is supportive on our moderate budget. However, seems some top people would be attending by the look of things, and contributions, support has been flying in especially from her side.

Some of my close well off friends say I need to increase my budget . A few of my family members saying the same thing. In a way, it will bite me for now, but I can afford it. In a year's time, I think I would have balanced out.

I have read on threads here, advice on minimal expenditure. However, I also know you cant place a value on human relationships and network. Left to 2 of us, we just want a happy memorable day. However, one can consider families, social, cultural factors. I think some people here would understand what I am trying to say.

It is also possible I am looking for a reason to convince myself. What would you advise?
Re: Big Wedding Or Small Wedding by BecomeALandLord(m): 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2021
Small and portable wedding is ideal.

The wise invest in real estate and not luxuries.
We are your surest real estate plug.... Contact us for genuine lands and houses at various locations in Nigeria.
Re: Big Wedding Or Small Wedding by falcon01: 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2021
Depends on how much I got.
Re: Big Wedding Or Small Wedding by Monogamy: 6:15pm On Aug 17, 2021
Why wasting money on ordinary paper certificate ceremony

How about the future plans, the unborn babies?
Re: Big Wedding Or Small Wedding by Ishilove: 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
In a year's time, I think I would have balanced out.
Marinog, a whole 1 year?? Are you not looking at life beyond the one day event?
Re: Big Wedding Or Small Wedding by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:05pm On Aug 17, 2021
Whatever suits you and her, do not let poverty mentality people on here influence how memorable you will like your once in a lifetime ceremony to be and look like.

2 Likes

Re: Big Wedding Or Small Wedding by ogawisdom(m): 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
Do what you can afford easily, marriage is waiting for u ooo, dont start off a marriage in financial distress.
Re: Big Wedding Or Small Wedding by Magnoliaa(f): 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2021
Fountainofyouth:
Whatever suits you and her, do not let poverty mentality people on here influence how memorable you will like your once in a lifetime ceremony to be and look like.

Thank youuuuuuu. kiss

Op, I think it would have been different if you two were the sole providers and funders, but you said top people are coming for the wedding, support and contributions are coming from her side, there's a whole ass opportunity to network, and you do not seem to me like someone struggling, really struggling that you'll find it hard to get back to your feet? Then I'd say you should go for it. It'll be a different thing if you two were poor/broke and you're trying to conform or impress people. You don't seem to me as such. If the families are going to pool their resources as well, and each cousin-sister-aunty will (relatively) provide for the number of guests they are bringing, I see no problem.

The Tawa and Salisu couple that lives on one Alagbo street in Mushin wey no do fanfare or pay bride price still dey tear and fight each other with knives and barb wire. So yeah, a wedding does not guarantee the health and longetivity of a marriage, and neither does a big/small/nonexistent one. So do what suits you, will be comfortable, and memorable, as the poster I quoted said.

As your wife is supportive and (if) she'll continue to be after the event, carry go. And be wary of the misogynists that'll come to spill their venom about how women are this or that.

2 Likes

Re: Big Wedding Or Small Wedding by yuping(m): 3:43am On Aug 18, 2021
If you have the money blow it, I repeat blow it.
Abi na only burial we go dey spend money.
In Tecno voice allow me to enjoy myself. People will come here and say the whites men don't spend money any how, but guess who bought a Lamborghini and Bugatti just to park it inside the garage, your guess is right its the white men.
#Yolo
So I go get money I no go blow the money till I die them go come go buy expensive casket for me, God for bid.
Buy expensive cars on your wedding as a gift for your wife make sure the cows are very big the Turkey and chiken � should be meaty music must be loud block the entire street, rent a stadium the tables should be round MC must be funny, traffic controller head must be correct, rent hotel for honey moon by the time you are done with it the rainbow coloured will glow on your wife, Agbada up and down, Aso ebi all in colored make sure you get cleaners to clean after the occasion so that bad belle them no go use Lawman come catch you.
Is only fraud that is not allowed to enjoy but when you work legit you eat like a King.
Congratulations in advance.
But as for me
If I get ehn...........

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money By Editing Videos For The Growing Nigerian Skit Industry / Children Of Nowadays / How Do You Cope With Neighbours' Loud Music?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.