Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please (23061 Views)

Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja / The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by yusufdayo1: 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2021
A friend of mine was retrenched in one of the bottling company and was paid 1.8m for his gratuity. He wants to collect loan and add to the money in order to buy Corolla for uberbolt as a side hustle but his family wants him to get a land and build a house even though is a room.

Your advice is highly needed.

modified: Currently he is a fashion designer and needs additional income.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by ReadaDream(m): 6:50pm On Aug 17, 2021
He has 1.8M~ and he still wants to take a loan?

Makes no sense. He can easily get a Naija used Corolla or Civic and still keep some change.

If he goes ahead to spend the 1.8m on building a house now, it’s only going to end up been an abandoned project and he’ll be frustrated more.

Advise your friend to get a sound Nigerian used car and start driving. Then he can start saving to build a house gradually.

262 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by generalcoucou(m): 11:04pm On Aug 17, 2021
1.8m ll not finish a building.. my suggestions for him is to get a minibus(korope) or a good 9ja used car for uber.... my broda tell him to start from small... he shouldn't be pushed by family pressure....

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by oluwaseyi0: 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2021
H
Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
Outdated business ideas

undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by wunmi590(m): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2021

Build a house with 1.8million? That means he want to end up not completing his house project.....

He should just get a few month Nigerua used either Corolla 2004/2005 or civic 2007/2008 and start the uber as he has suggested...

At least he would add up with what is left from the 1.8, that's if he's driving the car himself....

He should also endeavour to apply to both bolt and uber, so that he can make his money fast...

I have not done it before, but I heard people do it alot....

The Lord is his strength

23 Likes

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Randal: 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
Land
Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Dproperties: 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
Exactly
Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by raindroup(m): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by BoboKush(m): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
Wahala
Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Mudbell(m): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
Land and continue to struggle

2 Likes

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by ignis: 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
Will the land give him steady residual income?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Xscape047: 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
Uber .....

@least u will start seeing your ROI earlier ...
Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by faithfull18(f): 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
Here to read comments.
Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Emk5556: 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
You should know na. Start uber, save up then get a piece of land and still retain your uber.

6 Likes

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Holyman3(m): 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
Someone should remind this man that cement will gulp that money.

Grow it first. My wife has been disturbing me to build house in Lagos. She don't know how much I make since I don't even know myself.
They hate going to the village after you die, yes they are already thinking about your death, not knowing that you may outlive them, except they will kill you themselves.

Sometimes it's good to act poorer than you are.

Marriage is the biggest scam after Religion.
It's not worth it. Q

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by AbujaAgent: 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
Quick one
Like for UberBolt
Share for land and

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
yusufdayo1:
A friend of mine was retrenched in one of the bottling company and was paid 1.8m for his gratuity. He wants to collect loan and add to the money in order to buy Corolla for uberbolt as a side hustle but his family wants him to get a land and build a house even though is a room.

Your advice is highly needed.

modified: Currently he is a fashion designer and needs additional income.
Land appreciates! He can buy lands and sell it more than he bought them!

Real estating don start be that!

1 Like

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by socialmediaman: 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
What’s the business sense in getting a loan for a side hustle? How will you make enough money to pay back the loan? If it’s a full time job and the fashion design is the side hustle, then it’s different, he will start considering other things like risk, insurance etc…. but for a side hustle? I don’t think so
Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by McOluOmo: 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Roof over ur family's head is a nice idea, but the money for family's stomach infrastructure is a nicer idea..

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Think9ja(m): 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Welcome to Nigeria.

It's always Uber, Laundry/Dry cleaning, POS and other casual street hustles. I personally would never venture into Uber. What career can that build for you? I should use my car and carry one ashawo girl that will tell me nonsense and still share the money with the company?

I would never be able to understand the reason behind our lack of ideas in this country.
From the government to the electorates. Even the best of the best cannot come up with a sound business idea that can launch the careers of many people. All these first class and upper class people, what's the use of your grades if you still come down to struggle for all these street jobs?

Back to the matter...

He should use that 1.8M to expand his fashion house and make it very standard. I hate all these street hustles that cannot help one build a career.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by ourfather: 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Bb

1 Like

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Carmartng: 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Has has gone up ooh, even Nigeria used, Check https://carmart.ng/

ReadaDream:
He has 1.8M~ and he still wants to take a loan?

Makes no sense. He can easily get a Naija used Corolla or Civic and still keep some change.

If he goes ahead to spend the 1.8m on building a house now, it’s only going to end up been an abandoned project and he’ll be frustrated more.

Advise your friend to get a sound Nigerian used car and start driving. Then he can start saving to build a house gradually.

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Make him go Dey run POS.... get different outlet.... cash out like kanayo o kanayo

1 Like

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Raphtop(m): 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Here to learn, let me pitch my tent somewhere here
Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Unik3030: 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Wetin I want talk, the first 2 guys don talk am so make I lock up

1 Like

Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Dproperties: 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
generalcoucou:
1.8m ll not finish a building.. my suggestions for him is to get a minibus(korope) or a good 9ja used car for uber.... my broda tell him to start from small... he shouldn't be pushed by family pressure....
Bro how much can one get a mini bus (Nigeria used) Hijet or suzuki?
Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Ekejoestar(m): 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
Uber
Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Green7(m): 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
Uber oooo
Re: Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests / LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians / Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.