Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,231 members, 7,846,093 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Jorginho Agrees It Would Be A 'scandal' If He Wins Ballon D'or Over Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jorginho Agrees It Would Be A 'scandal' If He Wins Ballon D'or Over Messi (982 Views)

Messi Wins Ballon D'or 2021 Award / Georgina Rodriguez Reacts As Messi Wins Ballon D’or / Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jorginho Agrees It Would Be A 'scandal' If He Wins Ballon D'or Over Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 11:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
The Italy star has been tipped to win the prize after lifting major trophies with the Azzurri and Chelsea
Antonio Cassano has revealed that Chelsea and Italy midfielder Jorginho agreed with his opinion that it would be a "scandal" if he won the Ballon d’Or ahead of Lionel Messi.

Jorginho has been tipped to win the prize after playing a major role in Italy's Euro 2020 triumph as well as Chelsea's Champions League win.

But the former Azzurri striker has claimed the midfield star agrees that the award should always go to Messi.

What did Cassano say?
“Remember when I said any journalist who voted for Jorginho as Ballon d’Or should have his licence taken away?” Cassano asked Christian Vieri on his Twitch channel.

“Well, I was in Formentera with my family and just as I sat down, I felt a touch. ‘Antonio, you’re great!’ the voice says. I turn around to ask who he was, he took off his glasses and mask, and it was Jorginho!

“I told him, Jorgi, can you believe the scandal if they should give you the Ballon d’Or and not to Messi? He replied that he absolutely agreed with me, Messi should always win it.

“Now I admire Jorginho even more. We were talking for a good 90 minutes. He is an exceptional guy, very intelligent, humble and polite.”

What has Jorginho said?
Though Cassano claims Jorginho admitted he doesn't deserve the prize, the midfielder himself said last month he could be considered if voters prioritise trophies.

"We all have dreams," Jorginho told SporTV. "But, I'll be honest, it depends on the criteria that the decision is based on.

"If we're talking about talent then I know I'm not the best in the world. But if it's going on titles, then nobody has won more than I have this season.

"How could I compare myself to Messi, Neymar or Cristiano Ronaldo? They've got completely different characteristics to me. But, I repeat, it depends on the criteria."

When will the Ballon d'Or be awarded?
After the Ballon d'Or was cancelled in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic, the award will handed out in December of this year.

Aside from Jorginho and Messi, other top candidates include Robert Lewandowski, N'Golo Kante, Cristiano Ronaldo, Romelu Lukaku and Kylian Mbappe.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/jorginho-agrees-it-would-be-a-scandal-if-he-wins-ballon-dor-over-/pfrvu6qrjyf6zare3398ymyj

Re: Jorginho Agrees It Would Be A 'scandal' If He Wins Ballon D'or Over Messi by paulolee(m): 5:07am On Aug 18, 2021
na normal na...even back den for class, each class dey get him own best student dt always wins the award for best in class..
whenever ur padi deg lamba you say u fit win dt award, u go jus clear DM say e get one person wey always deserve am but e no mean say u no go happy if you win am..
messi is a cheat to football n I think its better uefa jus award him his own differently each year n place anoda ballon d or for others...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorginho Agrees It Would Be A 'scandal' If He Wins Ballon D'or Over Messi by deltateam: 7:31am On Aug 19, 2021
OJEEMAH:
The Italy star has been tipped to win the prize after lifting major trophies with the Azzurri and Chelsea
Antonio Cassano has revealed that Chelsea and Italy midfielder Jorginho agreed with his opinion that it would be a "scandal" if he won the Ballon d’Or ahead of Lionel Messi.

Jorginho has been tipped to win the prize after playing a major role in Italy's Euro 2020 triumph as well as Chelsea's Champions League win.

But the former Azzurri striker has claimed the midfield star agrees that the award should always go to Messi.

What did Cassano say?
“Remember when I said any journalist who voted for Jorginho as Ballon d’Or should have his licence taken away?” Cassano asked Christian Vieri on his Twitch channel.

“Well, I was in Formentera with my family and just as I sat down, I felt a touch. ‘Antonio, you’re great!’ the voice says. I turn around to ask who he was, he took off his glasses and mask, and it was Jorginho!

“I told him, Jorgi, can you believe the scandal if they should give you the Ballon d’Or and not to Messi? He replied that he absolutely agreed with me, Messi should always win it.

“Now I admire Jorginho even more. We were talking for a good 90 minutes. He is an exceptional guy, very intelligent, humble and polite.”

What has Jorginho said?
Though Cassano claims Jorginho admitted he doesn't deserve the prize, the midfielder himself said last month he could be considered if voters prioritise trophies.

"We all have dreams," Jorginho told SporTV. "But, I'll be honest, it depends on the criteria that the decision is based on.

"If we're talking about talent then I know I'm not the best in the world. But if it's going on titles, then nobody has won more than I have this season.

"How could I compare myself to Messi, Neymar or Cristiano Ronaldo? They've got completely different characteristics to me. But, I repeat, it depends on the criteria."

When will the Ballon d'Or be awarded?
After the Ballon d'Or was cancelled in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic, the award will handed out in December of this year.

Aside from Jorginho and Messi, other top candidates include Robert Lewandowski, N'Golo Kante, Cristiano Ronaldo, Romelu Lukaku and Kylian Mbappe.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/jorginho-agrees-it-would-be-a-scandal-if-he-wins-ballon-dor-over-/pfrvu6qrjyf6zare3398ymyj

From the origin it has always been about contribution and titles won not on personal charisma. What is the essence of dribbling players, goal keeper and even coach only to shoot the ball wildly over the bar for which Okocha is known for?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorginho Agrees It Would Be A 'scandal' If He Wins Ballon D'or Over Messi by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 19, 2021
Jorginho balloon dor impossible
Re: Jorginho Agrees It Would Be A 'scandal' If He Wins Ballon D'or Over Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 10:30am On Aug 19, 2021
Enoch3721:
Jorginho balloon dor impossible
It was Sarri that created that stupid idea in peoples head that he deserves it for being part of Euro & UCL winning team

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorginho Agrees It Would Be A 'scandal' If He Wins Ballon D'or Over Messi by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 19, 2021
OJEEMAH:
It was Sarri that created that stupid idea in peoples head that he deserves it for being part of Euro & UCL winning team
the coach we day smoke maybe e Don high dat time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorginho Agrees It Would Be A 'scandal' If He Wins Ballon D'or Over Messi by paulolee(m): 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2021
OJEEMAH:
dt sarri jus too like dis Jorginho....na sentiment e use talk am shaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorginho Agrees It Would Be A 'scandal' If He Wins Ballon D'or Over Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 2:26pm On Aug 19, 2021
paulolee:

dt sarri jus too like dis Jorginho....na sentiment e use talk am shaa
Too sentimental..... Wetin Jorginho play sef?
Re: Jorginho Agrees It Would Be A 'scandal' If He Wins Ballon D'or Over Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 2:26pm On Aug 19, 2021
grin grin
Enoch3721:
the coach we day smoke maybe e Don high dat time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorginho Agrees It Would Be A 'scandal' If He Wins Ballon D'or Over Messi by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 21, 2021
OJEEMAH:
grin grin
Even d day lazio unveil am he go day smoke

(1) (Reply)

For All You Football News, Chats And Discussion Join This Forum Visit / Bet9ja Has Been Under Cyber Attack By Russia Group / Figure Skating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.