Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,816 members, 7,851,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:52 AM

Is It Unlaw For Me To Claim My Mother's Tribal Origin In Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It Unlaw For Me To Claim My Mother's Tribal Origin In Nigeria (305 Views)

Igbo Tribal Marks And Their Meaning / Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Unlaw For Me To Claim My Mother's Tribal Origin In Nigeria by Abetterperson: 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2021
I ask this question because I want to know if it's possible to favour one mother's side, like say getting into a university and you want to use your mother's local government area because paternally you are not a citizen of that state but maternally you are a citizen
Re: Is It Unlaw For Me To Claim My Mother's Tribal Origin In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2021
Abetterperson:
I ask this question because I want to know if it's possible to favour one mother's side, like say getting into a university and you want to use your mother's local government area because paternally you are not a citizen of that state but maternally you are a citizen

Same state?
Re: Is It Unlaw For Me To Claim My Mother's Tribal Origin In Nigeria by yanabasee2: 7:12pm On Aug 18, 2021
In Nigeria, you're referred to as "our inlaw" while some states will call you "our grand child"... In essence... you are not their child... You only share 5he blood of their daughter....

Except you only want to claim it just to gain admission and keep it to yourself till you graduate... and wouldn't reveal it... so that it wo t hunt you in the future if you'd want to run a political office..

But Sha.... You should ask Tinubu and Donald Duke..... They'd know better...
Re: Is It Unlaw For Me To Claim My Mother's Tribal Origin In Nigeria by powerhouse3(m): 8:52am On Aug 19, 2021
yanabasee2:
In Nigeria, you're referred to as "our inlaw" while some states will call you "our grand child"... In essence... you are not their child... You only share 5he blood of their daughter....

Except you only want to claim it just to gain admission and keep it to yourself till you graduate... and wouldn't reveal it... so that it wo t hunt you in the future if you'd want to run a political office..

But Sha.... You should ask Tinubu and Donald Duke..... They'd know better...
meaning Donald duke is from Akwa ibom ,say oron... anyway in some part of Akwa ibom,more recognition is given to eyeyen that the eyen itself,....

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Better? - Ghana �� Vs Nigeria �� Universities / All About Shivaclub Coven. / Trying To Lose Weight? Learn How To Lose Your First 10 Pounds Quickly And Easy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.