Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,878 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment (38489 Views)

What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? / Experience Of A 17 Year Old Boy Cleaning A Female Toilet / How A 23-year-old Makes N100K-N160K On Whatsapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by TheSimiloluwa(m): 2:22pm On Aug 19, 2021
*A TRUE-LIFE STORY HAPPENING TO A 23-YEAR-OLD BOY AT THE MOMENT*

Please don't ignore, your view is needed Mas/Sirs

Hi everyone. Please I am here to seek your opinion and advice. Please don't ignore or insult me...

So, I am 23 years of age, I used to be a graphic designer, and some specific printing machine operator dated then(i am talking 015-017) but then in late 2017 I gained admission to the Federal college of education Abeokuta to study Physics/Mathematics. Though that all my father always wanted( go to school and have a certificate). Yes, the plan wasn't College but sometimes life left you with no choice as I graduated from secondary school in 014, and luckily for me, I gained admission to Kwasu but not being an indigene of Ilorin bleeped me up cause we couldn't afford 210,000 so we let it slide that way and since then other universities won't give me admission till in tried college of education on December 22, 2017, and I am to resume Jan7 2018( My birthday)...Most of the bills were cleared by me and a few by my patent cause the admission was fast and they weren't so prepared. So to fast-ward it all

My stay in the college was kind of financially hard but I managed to graduate with a 4.13 (Phy/Maths) of 5.00CGPA. Making me proceed to obtain a DE form to OAU. Thank God for everything. Now my I have graduated on April 14. Yes, I guess I skipped this... During my days in college, one of my coursemates introduced his brother to be who happened to be a Gee boy, and with his brother, I starting to learn some stuff but because I won't want to fail my parent and remember I have guys( i stay in Mushin) that told me not to do full-time cause of making money and more but I declined and chase my goals. This two reason was one of the biggest reason I work so hard not to fail or have an extra year. So the stuff I am learning needed more time which I couldn't meet up with so it has never been fruitful nor put food on my table... Sadly wasted datas and few of my time sha. But this my course mate brother kept on gifting me money and help with some bills and maybe once (clothes).

So, on the date I signed out of the college I got a call from him saying "Congratulations Simi, you and my brother should come over to the house, I have secured free wifi and more to help make stuff easy) I thanked him and I was happy, at least I will make some riches too and I won't suffer on in my university date like this of the college. So I have been at this place now since that April and today is August 19... I haven't for once cash-out neither has his brother( my ex-course-mate) do too but we are enjoying, as there is (Free data, Netflix DSTV, Youtube on a smart TV, soft drinks in the fridge, etc). So a couple of days ago I decided to fast daniel's fasting and ask God for light probably I am missing way already. So haven't finished my fast( I attend white garment church) doing my fast I bought a candle as I know what that simple means in my belief. But on the 3day (last day of fasting). I couldn't light the candle as the boss was sleeping home that night(wednesday). Luckily for me, he said he won't sleep at home that Thursday night so I lighted the candle, keep praying inside of me while hustling overnight. (Everything happened Last week)

So this week Tuesday, he got home and started asking some weird questions. But as per say, I saw him as a good-hearted being. so, I answered truly but kept some living replies away from him. Then when he left home I called my dad and explained all to him so dad calms me down and said he will call me later that he needs to reach out to someone or so. The next day he called and tell me to try by all means to leave his place ( That he is doing something with me or my star etc) that was shocking so I have planned on leaving here this weekend. As we can't take too many hurry steps so he won't do more of charm and more) #PLEASE GUYS BE CAREFUL OF PEOPLE THAT HELP PUT FOOD ON YOUR TABLE ALL DAY WITHOUT KNOWING YOU FROM ADAM) TRUST NO ONE AND ALL THAT GLITTERS ARENT GOD. DO not FALL for everything clamoring today for your hope for the future. People aren't who you think they are....

So, Mas and sirs.... I need your advice at the moment. Everything I learned here is something I can now do on my own although I don't know how US money gets here but I could get so street help once the time is right and you know I am waiting on my second admission with OAU meaning I need more money to sponsor myself... So the advice I need from you guys now is

1) should I go to my Auntie's place at Ikorodu and learn probably (Web Design, UX design, more systems, and printing machine stuff) and do the stuff I learned while she takes care of my feeding and transport. Remember it's learning no further payment attached

Or

2) I should go to my home in Ilupeju, get a job that pays like 20-25k monthly, do the stuff I learned while I take care of all my bills myself (clothing, feeding, transport, and more) inside this my earned 20-25k salary?

Please advise, share your opinion, tell me reasons I should consider your view and more... But in all, you say remember *I am still going back to university as I am myself sponsor* [i][/i]

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by PlaysNigeria: 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hmmmn, now is the only time you've got to learn, you won't be able to do that once you gain admission, and remember you can build a career with what you are learning. On the other hand, I'll advise you to work if you don't have what it takes yet; a laptop, money for data, bills and money for your admission.

#selah

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2021
What happened to your graphics design

6 Likes

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2021
shocked Only God knows if he never finish the star seif
Just dey one house how many months free food,free wifi just dey bugar!!! as country hard reach so. ..your instincts didn't even tell you anything, you just sitdown there like zuma rock...dam nigger ,come and confirm this true life story, how many stars you don used?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by crossfm: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
Go with the first option you mention.

You won't be spending much and at the same time acquiring more skill that is very relevant.

8 Likes

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by graphics101: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
Running to you

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by optimus106(m): 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
shocked hi

1 Like

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by CelestineNelson: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
H

1 Like

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by SILVERLINES: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
cry

2 Likes

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by abumoney(m): 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
I swear, I only read few lines. I'll come back 5o continue later

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by Perfecttouchade: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
Ok..na real waooo

1 Like

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by MTCLimited(m): 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
Try to go legit bro. Most of these so called “ yahoo boys” out there are into plus. Just be hardworking and prayerful. Cheers !!!!

35 Likes

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by tasceige(m): 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2021
Point is, you currently have an idea you're nursing, you only need people's opinion to back up your idea.

I will ask you a question?

Where do you see your self in 4 years?
Answer the question with all sincererity and work towards it.

Write down what you need to do to achieve it and work towards the goal.

Ire oh!!

24 Likes

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by Romanoff(f): 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hmmnn

Nkan be

2 Likes

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by Millimann: 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2021
TheSimiloluwa:

So this week Tuesday, he got home and started asking some weird questions. But as per say, I saw him as a good-hearted being. so, I answered truly but kept some living replies away from him. Then when he left home I called my dad and explained all to him so dad calms me down and said he will call me later that he needs to reach out to someone or so. The next day he called and tell me to try by all means to leave his place ( That he is doing something with me or my star etc) that was shocking so I have planned on leaving here this weekend.

Your papa dey waka oo

Anyway, both options are tough but option 2 will be better since you will be going back to school

2 Likes

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2021
Kudos to anyone who's able to read & understand all that OP wrote. I'm allergic to such write-up.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by Thinktwicemybro: 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2021
Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by ProJectAnatot(m): 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2021
Nawao! You knew he was doing Gee and you still met him for help and yet you are surprised and still suspect that he might be doing something with your star!!! Hmm. This your story no be here and yet you're the one lightening candle up and down! Do you want us to tell you to continue looking for client to zap their money? Like seriously? Na so Nigeria don spoil reach?? Seeking for public opinion weather to continue with yahoo hustle or not angry SMH for our youths o! Hmm.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by OgaTheTop2: 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2021
smiley
Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by Corroro: 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2021
Pray about it, God will show you the way

1 Like

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by BarrSly: 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hmmm go be with your aunt.

1 Like

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by abobote: 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2021
You are not sure he used your star and you are already advising, you think is that easy, there are so many gee guys that are ready to sponsor you, in the hope to recover their investment when you make a catch, but unfortunately, he didn't recover his investment on you. I faced similar situation, though I have left school but was stranded, I did the work for one year, raised some cash, signed out and started business.
I will advise you to take option two, if the work could afford you the time to continue your training. Good luck

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by BigDawsNet: 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2021
You need to learn more on graphics and web design...if you can master those two skills....

You will probably start earning 6figurs while studying as a freelancer

Put God first

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by BarrElChapo(m): 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2021
We never left our traditional practices in Africa. I don't think the white evangelists really conquered us for Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by rottenPussy: 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2021
C
Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by greenie77: 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2021
Option 1, go to your Auntie's place.

2 Likes

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by seborrhic: 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2021
For a graduate,the grammar is horrible.

51 Likes

Re: A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment by Bukasint(f): 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2021
Good morning thank you is never enough to sort anybody's food for ever. You can't build your life on thankyou morning.. thankyou evening and thank you God.... It doesn't work. Thank your God they didn't use you for ritual.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FRSC Demotes Officers Who Assaulted Man Who Stripped in Benin (Video) / Captain Segun Omole Retires After 40 Years Of Flying, Gets Celebrated (Pics) / Nigerian Mum Who Lost Her Husband Is Now A Bricklayer WorkingTo Feed Her Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.