Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,812 members, 7,844,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? (23298 Views)

Food Cooked With Snake And Giant Rat (Pictures) / A Weird Meal Cooked By A Nairalander / Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Abujason: 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
The day dad cook for us, we ate bread instead. grin
Share yours

This is such a stupid post. My dad and most dads I know cook so well. Your dad may be a very bad cook but most men lived on their own as young men and cooked very well for themselves and families.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by blacknoir: 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2021
Poison

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Angelawhite(m): 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2021
My dad cooked Egusi soup with green vegetables.

He also cooked yam and beans after my mum passed away. He’s not a good cook but I love that he tries
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by tweakdude1: 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2021
Wella.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by kense88: 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2021
kudinkarfe:
I cook better than my wife but I don't want to go to chicken. You see women if you start cooking in the name of being romantic you will end up becoming the wife.
you sabi dem wella.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Morientez: 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2021
Dad was fond of yabbing momsy dat he use to see her dead grandmother inside the soup dat do cook for him..
Says the soup looks watery n transparent..dat someone can mistake it for a make up mirror..

One day he killed a multi colored snake n used it to prepare pepper soup.. when he was done,he called us including Momsy to come n have taste of he cooking skill.. Mom gave us Stern warning not to taste he food. So he ate it alone after some hours he eyes kept blinking nonstop for 2dayz..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by kense88: 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
blacknoir:
Poison
grin cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Uniique(m): 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
My dad was a chef. He worked in France as a cook before relocating back to naija. He's a great cook but he mostly cooks exotic dishes and he's quite adept with local dishes as well but i still prefer his foreign concoctions. I remember when the man cook one funny looking stew with crabs and prawns, baba add lime inside stew, all of us dey look am dey laugh. As we taste am like this, the pot of sauce no last till d next day

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by kudinkarfe: 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2021
kense88:
you sabi dem wella.
Don't mind them
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Mood11: 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2021
Oh my late dad was a very good cook.

The last food he cooked for us was porridge yam which we all ate while my mom was away for the market.

Oh I miss you dad.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Kindness218: 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2021
Once in my life, unless when I was a kid. I can never forget that egusi soup
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by kense88: 2:14pm On Aug 20, 2021
Morientez:
Dad was fond of yabbing momsy dat he use to see her dead grandmother inside the soup dat do cook for him..
Says the soup looks watery n transparent..dat someone can mistake it for a make up mirror..

One day he killed a multi colored snake n used it to prepare pepper soup.. when he was done,he called us including Momsy to come n have taste of he cooking skill.. Mom gave us Stern warning not to taste he food. So he ate it alone after some hours he eyes kept blinking nonstop for 2dayz..
does he smoke weed ?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by lanocfoods: 2:14pm On Aug 20, 2021
He finished a whole bottle of groundnut oil for 4cups of jollof rice, my siblings and I were scooping oil like water. My mom travelled grin the way we hugged my mom when she came back eh

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Juliusmomoh: 2:14pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abujason:

This is such a stupid post. My dad and most dads I know cook so well. Your dad may be a very bad cook but most men lived on their own as young men and cooked very well for themselves and families.

Thanks for the insult anyway.. Omaye
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by easzypeaszy(m): 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2021
av nvr seen mine in d kitchen..not to talk of jaw..my Dad na lik King of community so he hard
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Awise09(m): 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2021
Wow those days I use to love it spicy stew with enough fish.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by TheGift: 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2021
As a kid, my Dad used to cook for us. Cooking was never a big deal for Him or his brothers who all had full time jobs and rose to the heights of their various careers.

Even now in His late 70s, my Dads favorite hobbies are reading, composing piano music, playing tennis or golf and cooking.

The last time my Wife and I visited, He was the one that cooked for us. And as usual it made sense.

There are some special dishes in my house that once we decide we are having it, it’s almost automatic that I am the one that will make it.

My family dey enjoy me and I love it.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by ramatintin(m): 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Okra and melon? ... Am speechless
white melon pepper soup with okra is dupe.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Ishilove: 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2021
Yes o. His eba is even smoother than my mum's own. Mumsie said she doesn't have the time to turn eba like that, but you see my dad? He can stand for 10 minutes turning eba until it is as smooth as flour.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Juliusmomoh: 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2021
ramatintin:

Oh my goodness...
Guess what am gonna eat tonight.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Ilamina(f): 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2021
He makes nice plantain and scrambled eggs grin smiley
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by pocohantas(f): 2:19pm On Aug 20, 2021
nams77:

Don't mind those deluded folks. Most Nigerian fathers are doing just fine.

My dad used to prepare only one thing: he called it gravvy stew.
For me, I do prepare oha soup, stew and ogbono soup. In my own estimation, I'm very good.
Mum, wifey and some female folks have attested to this.
My only worries is egusi soup. There Is type of egusi soup I want to learn how to prepare..
Where is poco.hantas sef

What type? cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Ishilove: 2:19pm On Aug 20, 2021
ramatintin:
Jesus Christ
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by EbukaHades10(m): 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2021
Once my pops cook that his potato leaf soup, e no dey last till the next day.

But that man like vegetables sha. Small thing remain, he for add veggies inside eba itself.

Rest on, Dad.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Blessed4sure: 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2021
You better thank God for your dad.

Some dads are sick, blind, lame...

Others like us wish ours is still alive and would have loved to eat their food anytime, which ever way it tastes.

I know this post is just to catch cruise, but just had to pass that message.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by michoim(m): 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2021
This is a historic question in many African families
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Elohe001: 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2021
Dad was a multitalented Cook.... still misses his delicacies once in awhile
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:27pm On Aug 20, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
The day dad cook for us, we ate bread instead. grin
Share yours

Hahahahaha samething here. We drank garri that dat day cheesy grin
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Jerry299: 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2021
My Dad was a great cook. I think it is because they had no sister.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Born2winnx: 2:29pm On Aug 20, 2021
Demigod22:
That dude is multi talented, he cooks a lot and other stuff. I always loved and admire my father, he was my favorite person, he showed me what genuine love is all about. He taught me a lot of things, he buy me a lot of things. But he died when I was just a child, the only memories I have of him is that he so much love me, I can't even remember his face without pictures. His death left me devastated right now, let me stop here before I start crying. Anywhere you are right now, Daddy, just know that I will do everything to make you proud, rest in peace, my gallant man. Yours little boy.

It's okay to feel.

Buh you sound weak
Re: Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? by Juliusmomoh: 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2021
Emeskhalifa:

Hahahahaha samething here. We drank garri that dat day cheesy grin
Some dad ehn.. cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Are Low Carb Nigerian Foods? / A Nairalander Shares Her Christmas Recipe / Homemade Recipe For Vegetable Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.