Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,028 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call (63768 Views)

Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision / Strongest Man In Africa Pulls A Trailer Loaded With Rice In Ghana (Video) / Mohamed Salah Deletes His Twitter And Instagram Accounts After Controversial Twe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by powerfulguy: 11:06am On Aug 21, 2021
Referee pulls gun out to restore order after controversial penalty call angered fans

A referee pulled out a gun to restore order during an amateur football match in Honduras after upsetting fans with a controversial penalty call, strolling around the centre circle with the weapon.

The extraordinary moment the match official strolled around the centre circle with the weapon in his hand was filmed by fans who kept a safe distance amid the confusion.

The tense scene occurred during an amateur match in the western Honduran town of La Jigua.

Local reports said the unnamed ref brandished the pistol to protect himself from angry supporters who thought he should have awarded their side a penalty.

A relative is said to have handed him the weapon at the end of the match as he was jeered by the furious fans.

Shots could be heard during the home-made video, although it was unclear where they had come from.

One supporter was overheard insulting the ref by calling him a son of a b****, although he appeared to make a wise decision by staying in the stands.

There were no reports of any injuries as a result of the standoff.

The match official has not been identified and it is not yet clear if he will face any disciplinary action over his radical decision.

Earlier this month three people were killed and one injured during a firefight at a football match in the Mexican state of Guanajuato.

The shocking incident occurred during the second half of an amateur match between Santa Ana del Conde and Zona Piel.

A lone gunman armed with an AK-47 rifle, who fled the scene in a white car and is still being hunted by police, is said to have responsible.

The reason behind the shooting has not been revealed.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/referee-gun-football-penalty-honduras-24808034.amp?__twitter_impression=true

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by kuonbe(m): 11:17am On Aug 21, 2021
Jeeeez.
I finally make it on nairaland.
On this day grin grin grin

Only a true NLanders can understand my joy.

Arsenal to win Chelsea tomorrow angry

258 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by Ancecoker(m): 11:18am On Aug 21, 2021
grin
Meaning: IF YOU DO ANYHOW YOU SEE ANYHOW
WARNING ALERT!!!
TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT!!
SURVIVALS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN!!!

307 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by potbelly(m): 11:18am On Aug 21, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by OgaTheTop2: 11:18am On Aug 21, 2021
Yeeeekpa!... cheesy

74 Likes

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by DuduParaPara: 11:18am On Aug 21, 2021
No time.

You do anyhow, you see anyhow grin

No nonsense referee.

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by Goldbw122(m): 11:19am On Aug 21, 2021
grin

2 Likes

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by tamdun: 11:19am On Aug 21, 2021

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by BruncleZuma: 11:19am On Aug 21, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by Faaji1985: 11:19am On Aug 21, 2021
���
Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by BlueMann: 11:19am On Aug 21, 2021
grin grin grin

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by Joebayo217: 11:19am On Aug 21, 2021
grin
Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by luvinhubby(m): 11:19am On Aug 21, 2021
Very wise man, you have only one life to live, defend it what all you have

66 Likes

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by hihilil(m): 11:19am On Aug 21, 2021
No nonsense referee.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by SaintOpzy(m): 11:19am On Aug 21, 2021
Lol,

When in Rome....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by Gidada: 11:19am On Aug 21, 2021
Dear nairalander I'm so sorry for spamming your site but you would understand the pain of a jobless young man with a son to feed and why this has to be sold today

Please I wanna sale my sofa. Just 4 months old used sofa still very neat. With 2 pillows made it for #45k I swear but would sale for #25 or #20k to keep something for my son and use the rest as transportation. Location is ifako ijaiye in Lagos and It's very important I sale it today or tomorrow as I have a job waiting for me in sagbama beyalsa and need to be there by Monday morning after being jobless for close to 6 months with a son to feed. I beg I need to sale this today ASAP. I already have it on jiji but I need to sale it. Painful I'm selling my property to use for transportation but I no fit beg and my pikin can't go hungry and I don tire for bakery work when I can do more

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by Kingcalls: 11:19am On Aug 21, 2021
Thats whats up....he took total control of the match...naso Talibans go de officiate the match

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by Blacknote: 11:19am On Aug 21, 2021
Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by TechNana(f): 11:20am On Aug 21, 2021
Desperate times calls for desperate measures...

If I never had this knowledge in possession I could pull out a gun to get it:

https://www.nairaland.com/6705451/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by reubenobi(m): 11:20am On Aug 21, 2021
Wetin we no go see for this earth.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by Bornsinner7: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2021
We need the ref in NPL

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by Kyase(m): 11:20am On Aug 21, 2021
potbelly:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
hahahahaha Wetin funny
Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by nams77: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2021
Gangsta ref

3 Likes

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by AntiChristian: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2021
Strange things are happening!
Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by NaijaCuzin: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2021
Agbero

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by Orissodiq: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2021
Mafia

1 Like

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by pennywys(m): 11:20am On Aug 21, 2021
grin
Insecurity everywhere
People now going around with protection
Not ease Nigeria phase 2 grin grin grin

For the admin wey ban me on my other Monika make thunder fire u

See me here with another moniker catching cruise on nairaland
cheesy cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by BigDan69: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2021
Lol south americans I presume
Re: Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call by Democracynna: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2021
He will be sanctioned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Patrice Evra: "Why Nobody Should Go To Cristiano Ronaldo’s House To Eat" / Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria / Why I Hate Ex Chelsea Captain, John Terry So Much - Cesc Fabregas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.