Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,431 members, 7,830,160 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest (2394 Views)

Plan B : First-class Psychology Graduate Shows Off Her Beauty Store Business / Female Nigerian Graduate Turns To Farming, Shows Off Bountiful Harvests[Photos] / Archibong Bassey, UNICAL 19-Year-Old First Class Graduate Shares Success Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest by BornorBang: 9:50am On Aug 22, 2021
A young farmer, Nana Oti Akenten, has wowed people with the tubers of yam he harvested from his garden, [url][/url] reveals

Facebook users who applauded him said they do not believe such a harvest was from a small garden as he claimed Many people seeking to replicate the same achievement in their homes asked him how they could go about it.

A young man, Nana Oti Akenten, has taken to a Facebook group called Home Gardening to showcase what he got from his home garden. Akenten shared a pickup of big tubers of yam he harvested as he posted a photo. People were amazed by the size of his harvest from a relatively small garden.

A section of those who reacted to his post asked him for free tuition on how to go about achieving the same in their homes. As of the time of writing this report, his post on the group has more than 100,000 likes with hundreds of comments.

https:///nigerian-1st-class-graduate-shows-off-bountiful-yam-harvest/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest by VTJN(m): 11:32am On Aug 22, 2021
This is commendable

Some of us have potentials we'd never delevop, voices the world would never hear, virtues the world would never see, stories we would never tell, heights we'd attain, opportunities we'd never explore. We have so much in us but we hold back in fear, believing we ain't worth anything or people wouldn't listen to us

What do you have that can bless the world? What story can you share with others to get them blessed?

I have realised that our journeys on earth is so different. While something seems to happen "earlier" for somebody. It might happen "later" for another person

This is life, because we all have different paths, we all can't flee from the country, we all can't remain stagnant in our father's land, we are all going on different directions and we all have different destines and purposes.

This is the reason why we should try everything within our power to quit comparing or measuring another person's clock with ours. Do not let society and family pressure tell you that your time is running fast. Never let anyone, who doesn't hold their own time in their hands tell you that your flourishing years is running fast. Nobody holds their time in their hands. Only God does

Agriculture had always been a gold mine. It's a job most youths find it somewhat difficult to engage in. Even the government had longed abandoned it for crude oil. I have little farm at the back of my compound. I planted ugwu, plantain and corn. Myself and neighbours had been consuming the little products from it. Even while in school, i utilized the very piece of land at the back of my hostel to farm. This is something i had passion for. It's in me

I'd love going into farming. Preferably at Ogun state. The state is blessed with vast arable land, good soil structure though with bad road network compare to Lagos state. I'd prefer going into cassava, ugwu and maize. There is no issue of farmers-herdsmen clash in some parts of the state like Ewekoro, Ipoka, Egbado and many more. These are places with abundance lands for farming. The fulanis are not as evil and wicked as people and the internet described them to be.

My major obstacle is Capital. Lease of land (I'm good to go with 1 acre or 2 for a start), getting farm inputs and equipments, hiring supporting hands, miscellaneous expenses et al

I can even decides to process my cassava before selling. These are essential commodities needed on a daily basis. There are markets for sales. This is a very profitable business I'd love to venture into. Even poultry farming isn't bad either

If corporate job isn't fortcoming. We should be able to think outside the box to explore ideas that are creative, unusual and that are not limited or controlled by rules or tradition to solve.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest by cassidy1996(m): 1:05pm On Aug 22, 2021
Good for him
Re: Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest by Mutemenot(m): 3:20pm On Aug 22, 2021
him try but that yam never reach harvest stage.. maybe he encountered flood
Re: Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest by uckennety(m): 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
I gave up the idea of farming, when I and my mother clear our land, dug the mould, planted yams, staked the yam, weeded the yams and someone else harvested it for us and nothing happened...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest by Akporo1234: 5:36pm On Aug 22, 2021
uckennety:
I gave up the idea of farming, when I and my mother clear our land, dug the mould, planted yams, staked the yam, weeded the yams and someone else harvested it for us and nothing happened...

Hahahaaa. Omo! This one muzz me...
The real owners came to pack their things

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest by LearnEasy(m): 6:48pm On Aug 22, 2021
Farming should be a way of life.

Kudos.
Re: Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest by OBALOLA55(m): 6:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
LearnEasy:
Farming should be a way of life.

Kudos.
REALLY
Re: Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest by Generalwoodz(m): 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2021
The last guy that did what he's doing is currently in UK or somewhere in the western world now..
Nigga farmed cassava while this dude cultivated Yam.
The other gee bagged first class in mathematics.
May oluwa pick your call too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest by Oblongata: 8:09pm On Aug 22, 2021
uckennety:
Sorry about that bro! May the good lord replenish all that was lost in multiple folds. It is well with you and your mum.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest by Sixsigmahub: 10:19pm On Aug 22, 2021
Amen
Generalwoodz:
The last guy that did what he's doing is currently in UK or somewhere in the western world now..
Re: Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest by McStoic(m): 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2021
Generalwoodz:

So if someone wants to travel abroad, he should have first class and then farm right? Okay, me I farm peppers and other veggies. I got first class too in music. What say ye? grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest by juman(m): 5:38am On Aug 23, 2021
Agriculture can earn nigeria bigger money than oil industry more than ten times.
It can provides tens of millions of jobs to our unemployed people.
But there is no sensible government to make it happen.
Re: Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest by Siggynigeria: 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2021
May God help us
juman:
Agriculture can earn nigeria bigger money than oil industry more than ten times.
It can provides tens of millions of jobs to our unemployed people.
But there is no sensible government to make it happen.
Re: Nigerian 1st Class Graduate Shows Off Bountiful Yam Harvest by BornorBang: 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2021
make sense

(1) (Reply)

JSS 3 Girl Beats Male Opponent In Boxing Game (Watch Video) / Ways Of Eradicating Examination Malpractice Menace In Nigeria / Do Part-time Students Go For Nysc?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.